[1.8.x]GN Drive from Mobile Suit Gundam 00

flywlyx

okay, so a redesign is in order, too bad the max generation rate is 800/s. Quick question, are Tau's limited to 2 to a vessel?? There were several examples of units with more than 2 tau's in 00....

Also I would've thought with a vessel that maybe weighed at most 12tons I'd have a bit more thrust......

okay, so a redesign is in order, too bad the max generation rate is 800/s. Quick question, are Tau's limited to 2 to a vessel?? There were several examples of units with more than 2 tau's in 00....

Also I would've thought with a vessel that maybe weighed at most 12tons I'd have a bit more thrust......

Yes, you could have as many Tau drive as you want. You remind me of one thing, maybe I should give GN Condenser the ability of conversion.

For your 12tons vessel, GN drive could provide almost infinite power and max 500 m/s^2 acceleration. Or mayby you could consider some Condenser on it. Each of them could provide more than 3000ÃŽâ€v for a 12 ton vessel and 20m/s^2 acceleration rate.

So... Which variables on the CFG can we edit to make the parts more efficient?

Well, "particlegrate" define the max particle generate rate, "ConvertRatio" define Converter efficiency, "fuelefficiency" define fuel efficiency.

Now I added them in CFG.

Edited by flywlyx

I once watched gundam when I was much younger. Saw it multiple times, loved it, forgot about it quickly, then later on, I heard abotu it again and the first thoughts that came to mind with the giant robot anime was as such: Oh, they made another giant robot based anime, might just be some boring, stupid looking anime all over again. Come to find out not too long ago, thats the exact anime I'm looking to find out the name of, find again, and watch again. So this excites me so.

• 3 weeks later...
I think that on the series, the GN Condenser cant generate GN particles, only store and use it. Thanks for this!

You are right, this is my personal interest, I always looking for some infinite power source:cool:

What do you think, does this really impact the balance of condensor and Tau-drive?

- - - Updated - - -

This is going to be my most-favorite KSP mod ever, thanks!

This is my honor:)

I don't know if I understand correctly your last question, but if you are saying thr thing that i supose, maybe it will be better if you put the GN-Condenser early on the tech tree, like the thing that is on the series, an storage for GN Particles, without possibilities of restore it without a GN Drive or a Tau Drive. In other order of things, i will be very happy if on the "righ-click information window" (I dont know how it's called on the game) it sohws me the trhust value.

I have a very big question: I tried to reconfigure a spaceplane with GN Drives instead of RAPIERs engines, and i become very surprised when i saw "Status: Unsynchronized". I don't expect this level of acuracy acord the series! How i could synchronize the GN Drives? I want a Twin-Drive System!

I don't know if I understand correctly your last question, but if you are saying thr thing that i supose, maybe it will be better if you put the GN-Condenser early on the tech tree, like the thing that is on the series, an storage for GN Particles, without possibilities of restore it without a GN Drive or a Tau Drive. In other order of things, i will be very happy if on the "righ-click information window" (I dont know how it's called on the game) it sohws me the trhust value.

I have a very big question: I tried to reconfigure a spaceplane with GN Drives instead of RAPIERs engines, and i become very surprised when i saw "Status: Unsynchronized". I don't expect this level of acuracy acord the series! How i could synchronize the GN Drives? I want a Twin-Drive System!

Well, I add the particle generator on Condenser to prevent it become useless compare to Tau-drive. But you are right, put Condenser into a early stage of game and remove generator function will be a good idea.

The right-click menu give you the mass of the vessel now, and since the max overload is how thrust applied (while overload = n, acceleration = n*10m/s^2), I think give out mass is easier to calculate the buring time.

If you didn't modified the CFG, only two GNdrive is allowed per vessel.

As a compromise, GN Condensers could perhaps produce electricity through GN particle consumption. Would make for a very nice additional choice to other, more traditional means of electricity production. GN Condensers even without GN particle generation are already really great for moving around in LKO though. They show their limits beyond LKO, but that's to be expected.

Also, another thought: How about making the Tau Drives use a different resource? Right now both the GN Drives/Condensers and the Tau Drives use "GNparticle" which means they can all interoperate and exchange particles between each other, except it's quite obvious the GN particles produced by the GN Drives/Condensers and the "space cancer" particles produced by the Tau Drives are entirely different beasts.

EDIT: Also, possible bug report. The CFG for the GN Condenser has its model set to that of the Tau Drive. I set it instead to the "NewModel.mu" file in the Condenser's directory, no idea if that is how it's supposed to be or what but I thought I should point this out.

EDIT 2: Would it be possible to add Trans-AM capability to the GN Condenser? As I recall the 00 Raiser equipped with two GN Condensers performed a short-lived Trans-AM in the movie. For that matter, the Tau Drives as well had Trans-AM I think. Perhaps drastically increase particle consumption rate during Trans-AM to balance out adding it to the others?

Edited by King Arthur

• 1 month later...
As a compromise, GN Condensers could perhaps produce electricity through GN particle consumption. Would make for a very nice additional choice to other, more traditional means of electricity production. GN Condensers even without GN particle generation are already really great for moving around in LKO though. They show their limits beyond LKO, but that's to be expected.

Also, another thought: How about making the Tau Drives use a different resource? Right now both the GN Drives/Condensers and the Tau Drives use "GNparticle" which means they can all interoperate and exchange particles between each other, except it's quite obvious the GN particles produced by the GN Drives/Condensers and the "space cancer" particles produced by the Tau Drives are entirely different beasts.

EDIT: Also, possible bug report. The CFG for the GN Condenser has its model set to that of the Tau Drive. I set it instead to the "NewModel.mu" file in the Condenser's directory, no idea if that is how it's supposed to be or what but I thought I should point this out.

EDIT 2: Would it be possible to add Trans-AM capability to the GN Condenser? As I recall the 00 Raiser equipped with two GN Condensers performed a short-lived Trans-AM in the movie. For that matter, the Tau Drives as well had Trans-AM I think. Perhaps drastically increase particle consumption rate during Trans-AM to balance out adding it to the others?

Considering the fact that condensers/Tau-drive could generate GN particle with electricity, I stop them from produce electricity, I am planing a new condenser without the ability to generate particle which could produce electricity and resulting a lower fuel efficiency.

Next MOD will have minovsky particles, so no more particle is in my plan:wink:

You are right, they are named "NewModel.mu" because I am lazy, I will modified them later.

I prefer to live in the university of 1st season, which makes my life easier:D

Good to hear you have plans for some more additions to this mod.

I have another small "bug" report, nothing of a big deal: The GN Drives/Condensers/Tau Drives all spam the ALT+F12 debug log with what appears to be internal data that you use for debugging. I solved this for myself by just recompiling the DLL from source after making the appropriate modifications, but perhaps this can be addressed on your end as well? I'm sure everyone will appreciate not having their debug logs spammed. :P

On a semi-related note, here are some screenshot albums I took in-game with the GN Drives/Condensers in action. Really love them.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Javascript is disabled. View full album

And my space station, Space Station Archangel, in LKO powered by GN Twin Drive and god-knows-how-many GN Condensers on the ships and shuttles docked. :P

QfX3wIE.png

Edited by King Arthur
Spoiler tags are terrible. :|

@PanWieldingMann. "Tron Bonne's Gustav Mech." I didn't know what that was at first, but then I remembered the spin off game I never played. Megaman Legends however is one of my favorite games from my childhood. It's a crime they never made a third one.

@PanWieldingMann. "Tron Bonne's Gustav Mech." I didn't know what that was at first, but then I remembered the spin off game I never played. Megaman Legends however is one of my favorite games from my childhood. It's a crime they never made a third one.

Sad thing is it came so close to being made for the 3DS, I Still think the only reason it was canceled(Well technically never greenlighted....) was because the guy behind megaman left capcom. I was really REALLY looking forward to it too!!!

Loved Megaman Legends.....

Inafune's departure didn't particularly cause the cancellation of MML3 or Rock Man Online, but it did paralyze the franchise (even Mega Man's music composer went with) Though I wonder if someone might ever make some Busters/Buster Sub-chips for BDArmory (inline and radial) to some-what compliment the GN drive. (I know, MS weapons compliment better)

I saw the game they were making for the 3ds. It looked... Questionable. So in a way I'm glad it got canned. Now I forget what happened at the end of MML2, but iirc ( the story got really deep ) they did leave it open for a continuation. Here's hoping one day in the future a proper sequel is made on a console.

This looks interesting... It might be a good alternative to using the nuclear engine already in game. it is any faster on orbit for moving abnormally large and heavy ships?

It's quickish, and ignores mass displacement, so you can make pirate ships without engine centralization, or, you can eliminate RCS for docking. (watch your particle amount though!)

Edit: (@ below): good point

Edited by PanWieldingMann

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.