flywlyx

[1.8.x]GN Drive from Mobile Suit Gundam 00

Recommended Posts

On 11/11/2016 at 6:04 AM, Colonel Cbplayer said:

Guns are overrated. Swords are the way to go

 
Spoiler

 

 

 

 

 

Just when I thought a variable fighter is all but a dream in Kerbal Space program, someone actually fetches a VF-1 Valkyrie into the game.

Best I could do for now is to refit the Mun SSTO from Mark Thrimm to make a 10-engine spaceplane. I'd like to share it, but I'm not sure where. Not to mention that it needed the custom tweaks I made to make those drives smaller.

Spoiler

IS4dWHb.png

Above: Dawn front view with lights on

gGZd7OM.png

Above: Rear view with 6 miniaturized GN Drive Taus, giving it a passing resemblance to the XB-70 Valkyrie.

Below: Top view at midday with all drives in view.

QmJ9Fxq.png

 

Edited by Ar-cen-ciel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the concept of this mod, and I have tinkered with it a little bit in my current career. Since I haven't seen any of the shows, I'm a little lost in how to put these together and use them. Any chance at some point of a basic instruction manual (as un-kerbal as that is)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016/12/28 at 0:46 PM, SchwinnTropius said:

Love the concept of this mod, and I have tinkered with it a little bit in my current career. Since I haven't seen any of the shows, I'm a little lost in how to put these together and use them. Any chance at some point of a basic instruction manual (as un-kerbal as that is)?

Well, GN Condenser, GN Drive and Tau drive provide engine like function. They will generate thrust by consume GN particle. And GN Condenser Frame generate GN particle by consume electrical charge.

Throttle control thrust and thrust is calculate based on mass, right click menu to adjust the acceleration, unit is 10m/s^2. Use key "IKJLHN" provide axial acceleration.

Edited by flywlyx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, flywlyx said:

Well, GN Condenser, GN Drive and Tau drive provide engine like function. They will generate thrust by consume GN particle. And GN Condenser Frame generate GN particle by consume electrical charge.

Throttle control thrust and thrust is calculate based on mass, right click menu to adjust the acceleration, unit is 10m/s^2. Use key "IKJLHN" provide axial acceleration.

Ah, ok. Thank you. I saw bits of that here and there in this forum but it helps to have it all in one place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2016 at 0:11 PM, SchwinnTropius said:

Ah, ok. Thank you. I saw bits of that here and there in this forum but it helps to have it all in one place.

I'm not quite good at the tutorial thing. If you have any suggestion about phrasing and description, I would be very pleased to add them.:cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey i have a question you will do that the engine will show in the stage mode i have problems getting my accerations info and i have to do it by eye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As always, love this mod, bit of an issue in the latest update for it: The GN Tau drive is missing. I've found the reason for this being that it is missing its cfg file. Transplanting one from an earlier version of the mod solves the issue and puts the Tau Drive back into the game.

Also, the 00 GN Drive is still listed as a "Pod."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@flywlyx  I'm finally building a serious ship with this mod and I'd like to add that there's some very odd behavior with the GN Condenser Frame (recharger). I have to rotate it mself so it's oriented right for attachment. Later on it will have detached and be floating when I click somewhere, either another part on craft or in part list (either way, fairly far from an attached GN Condenser).

Can anyone else confirm this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@flywlyx  I'm finally building a serious ship with this mod and I'd like to add that there's some very odd behavior with the GN Condenser Frame (recharger). I have to rotate it mself so it's oriented right for attachment. Later on it will have detached and be floating when I click somewhere, either another part on craft or in part list (either way, fairly far from an attached GN Condenser).

Can anyone else confirm this?

I will check if it is related to the modification I made for the preparation of GN field. If so, I will update it ASAP.

On 6/3/2017 at 4:09 PM, DonKalypso said:

As always, love this mod, bit of an issue in the latest update for it: The GN Tau drive is missing. I've found the reason for this being that it is missing its cfg file. Transplanting one from an earlier version of the mod solves the issue and puts the Tau Drive back into the game.

Also, the 00 GN Drive is still listed as a "Pod."

Oops, I will update a fix today, 00 GN drive will be removed also, it is a real 00 size GN drive, which is useless here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since you say the 00 is useless, does that mean a TweakScale config has been written? Or is there something else you've got in mind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noticed something odd with the GN Condensator Frame. When you add it to a vessel, the selection box for it is huge. Example: If I add it to the top of a pod, I can now no longer right click the pod, because it keeps selecting the frame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2017 at 10:46 AM, flywlyx said:

00 GN drive will be removed also, it is a real 00 size GN drive, which is useless here.

Actually. The big GN Drive isn't entirely useless. It would be nice if you let it hang around... Question. Is a pair of 00 GN's more powerful than a pair of small GN's?

@ARS and I have a use for the large one. :D We made Ptolemaios replicas, though mine's not nearly as faithful as theirs. Also, I have another ship that makes use of the 00 GN.

H4HY3R2.jpg

VDAHaKG.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A possible suggestion: While operational, perhaps include some kind of mode switch that will flip around some of the RCS controls of the drives. For instance, while messing around with a plane design using GN drives the RCS buttons will behave as though the plane were merely a flipped onto its side rocket with H and N being forward and back, and I and K being up and down (All respectively).

Edit: I feel it's best to point out the behaviour detailed is normal in the game, which makes the controls awkward to use when one is used to starting from rockets normally when using the RCS controls to maneuver via the GN Drive.

 

Side request: If anyone's managed to get a decent but small plane design working with just the GN Drive, be it Tau or normal, I'd be super grateful for the ship file. I'm super bad at planes. Like. Really bad.

Edited by DonKalypso
Clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a strange issue, when I assign a hot key to hover and try to activate it in flight, it doesn't work properly.

It works perfectly for Antigrav both to activate and deactivate, but for hover, it will deactivate hover, but will not activate it, I have to right click on the engine itself and choose "hover"

And there doesn't seem to be an option to activate Trans-AM with a hot key.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have quite a few builds that use this mod, but I can't for the life of me find out how to generate more GNParticles easily. The Condensator Frame has a weird bug where in flight, it's selection area is huge. So if I put it near my hangar for example, I can no longer select the hangar, because it selects the Condensator Frame instead. Is there any config to change the selection area?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And idea has struck me: Perhaps a small change to the hover function of the GN Drive to make it behave more like the Kerbal Foundries hover pads, with adjustable hover strength, allowing for fewer parts and enabling use to hover safely across landscapes. This might require separating hover from anti-gravity, as the anti-gravity tends to shoot you upward from a body as it doesn't seem to be adjusting to the body's gravity but rather applying a particular thrust upward relative to the vessel's orientation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will you update it for version 1.3 support because I'd love to use this in science mode, plus I'm a big Gundam fan. When I downloaded this my game just crashes halve way through loading the game, please help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, playpal6655 said:

Will you update it for version 1.3 support because I'd love to use this in science mode, plus I'm a big Gundam fan. When I downloaded this my game just crashes halve way through loading the game, please help.

This mod is updated for 1.3, so it must be another mod causing your crash. I had the same issue and had to start removing mods one by one until I found the one causing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eldemarco said:

This mod is updated for 1.3, so it must be another mod causing your crash. I had the same issue and had to start removing mods one by one until I found the one causing it.

No still nothing, I deleted every mod except for the KFC and Squad folder and the game still crashes when it is loading part upgrades, is there a specific way I need to install it?

Edited by playpal6655

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I see. The version I needed were on other downloads, version 4.6, not 4.4. Thanks for your help anyway.

Edited by playpal6655

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is your mod meant to have what seems like a debug function spamming the console?


elcDrawn16
GNDrawn-16
backcharge0
consumption 16.93462
tefactor 1
Time.deltaTime 0.02

Writes to the console about 20 times a second. Seems to slow the game down a bit. Also makes it impossible to read anything in the console of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found a bug when using 2 00GN drive at once (don't know about using 1). I'm doing a contract mission, recover part on mun surface and bring back to kerbin. I approached the part (which is an SRB) with a craft equipped with 2 00GN Drive and 16 GN Converter. Initially, when I approach the part, it's lying on the ground, but as I get closer, it disappeared, and my navball indicates the target is above me. The SRB is suddenly airborne on mun airspace, so I approach it again and forced to do aerial grabbing with it before it crashes on mun surface, which is when I noticed whenever I'm using RCS control with 00GN Drive, the SRB will follow the input movement of my craft, with control axis of the SRB references on it's own, not my craft, making it impossible to grab it, since whenever I turn to align, it turns away too. Whenever I thrust forward, it thrust towards another heading. It always ends with SRB crashing into munar surface. I fixed it by simply goes "screw this, open debug menu and check indestructible part and approach it with brute force"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm playing in 1.2.2, and I've been running into a bug that's been liquiding me off. I'm trying to figure out if it's a mod conflict, or an issue inherent to 1.2.2 (I haven't bothered to update all of my stuff to 1.3, not to mention losing all of my craft because of the darn new file system).

With all of my really large ships, they always tend to pitch up or down, sometimes violently so. It gets worse at high throttle, to the point where I get into an uncontrolled climb or dive. I have the aerodynamics perfectly balanced, but it still does it!

Now, take into account that these ships are around 100-200 tons, and I'm using two of the 00GN drives (the 2.5m regular-looking one). Is it an issue with my building, an issue with the version, or something else? It would be nice to be able to get my Enterprise to orbit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.