To Infinity and 1080P!

Most of us know that you can increase your resolution by changing the configuration file but will Squad be making a official 1080P option? Perhaps the engine cannot support 1080P or perhaps there are performance issues when stretched to full HD? Does anyone know why there isn't one and if there is a plan to do so, when will it be?

ShadowLessKnight

"1080P" simply means the resolution 1920x1080, and is already in the game, freely available in the in-game settings. Don't even have to change any configuration files. The engine has no trouble at all running full HD or beyond. Personally I'm running 1920x1200 without any problems, and see no reason why it shouldn't scale even higher just fine.

Edited by Bluntie

If for some reason the in-game options won't display your desired resolution, simply navigate to your KSP folder*, find the config.cfg file, and edit the resolution lines to whatever you wish to use.

Press Ctrl + F in the config and search for resolution, its a short way down from the top.

These are the droi-... entries you are looking for.....

"SCREEN_RESOLUTION_WIDTH = 1920

SCREEN_RESOLUTION_HEIGHT = 1200"

* Example directory for a STEAM KSP install

C:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\config.cfg

So does anyone know how to stretch the game over 2 monitors? As in ultra wide screen? i messed around with the ini but failed to do it :(

I believe Unity does not have multimonitor support... The only way to stretch KSP to multiple monitors is to play in windowed mode.

I believe Unity does not have multimonitor support... The only way to stretch KSP to multiple monitors is to play in windowed mode.

I would be okay with that, but even then: i can play 1650x 1080 but I can't stretch it further

widescreen%20%281%29.jpg

widescreen%20%281%29.png

widescreen%20%282%29.png

So I finally managed, the mouse clicks don't quite work for some reason and I get terrible motion sickness:-/

How to:

download auto hotkey from here http://www.autohotkey.com/

create a txt file and copy

^!f::

WinGetTitle, currentWindow, A

IfWinExist %currentWindow%

{

WinSet, Style, ^0xC00000 ; toggle title bar

WinMove, , , 0, 0, 3200, 1080

}

return

^^ that into it, make sure you adjust the last 4x2 numbers to your total screensize. and change the file extension to ahk.

double click -> open KSP and press CTRL ALT F -> profit and vomit on your keyboard. No seriously, I feel sick. :(

Edited by WooDzor

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9346020/140907/widescreen%20%281%29.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9346020/140907/widescreen%20%281%29.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9346020/140907/widescreen%20%282%29.png

So I finally managed, the mouse clicks don't quite work for some reason and I get terrible motion sickness:-/

How to:

download auto hotkey from here http://www.autohotkey.com/

create a txt file and copy

^!f::

WinGetTitle, currentWindow, A

IfWinExist %currentWindow%

{

WinSet, Style, ^0xC00000 ; toggle title bar

WinMove, , , 0, 0, 3200, 1080

}

return

^^ that into it, make sure you adjust the last 4x2 numbers to your total screensize. and change the file extension to ahk.

double click -> open KSP and press CTRL ALT F -> profit and vomit on your keyboard. No seriously, I feel sick. :(

Cool pics mate.

Is that a modified version of my Ares 1 And Orion?

I'm waiting for proper Occulas rift support!

Cool pics mate.

Is that a modified version of my Ares 1 And Orion?

I'm waiting for proper Occulas rift support!

After taking yours to pieces, I noticed yours had some lower part count solutions and was closer to the original ,so I decided to update mine:)

• 2 weeks later...
To answer all the questions, my laptop, which I am running it on is not 1080P, but I have a monitor attached to it that is. Would that be the reason it is not an option?

It's possible Windows hasn't correctly identified the monitor, is 1920x1080 available in Windows display settings? It may also be set as the secondary monitor, should be an option in the display driver to set it but I've not used AMD, Intel or mobile graphics for a while to be sure.

It's possible Windows hasn't correctly identified the monitor, is 1920x1080 available in Windows display settings? It may also be set as the secondary monitor, should be an option in the display driver to set it but I've not used AMD, Intel or mobile graphics for a while to be sure.

I actually figured it out and that was the problem. I have an AMD Radeon and it wasn't detecting 1920x1080. I figured it out and I am enjoying the higher-quality resolution.

I wonder what it would look like on a curved screen like Sony's new TV, bet it would look great.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.