Interstellar: Voyage Between Stars

Hooligan Labs

Hello, I'm Nate Johnson and I loved doing a whole bunch of mods for Kerbal Space Program! I loved learning about space physics, Unity3d and programming C#. Also, the KSP community is the best I've ever been a part of.

After a while I wanted to make my own game. It would be about what happens between the spaceship launch and landing. How do those people live? How would you handle disasters during the trip?

So I'm working on a game I call Interstellar: Voyage Between Stars.

efd922_4f1e8c419bd348fa8f43950c6376878e.png_srz_p_630_297_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz

Click here for more!

My KSP mods were 90% driven by feedback from players. Please check out the website, share and leave comments!

Latest update:

4 Ways to Save Everyone from Dying in Space on Your Interstellar Generation Ship

efd922_0330714883b8453ea352b7101640a761.gif_srz_p_432_312_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_gif_srz

Includes new pictures of gameplay, including the upcoming resource system and 3D GUI.

efd922_60291af11e474742b94d0c219b178979.png_srz_p_630_548_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz

Click to sign up for alpha testing!

Edited by Hooligan Labs
Update!

Thank you all for your interest! I put up a post about procedurally generating big spaceships. Feel free to leave a comment on the site!

efd922_1b9b300819b44cedbd8b9336cce47625.png_srz_p_630_298_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz

Click here!

I also added a mailing list on the website, so please sign up! The more people who get involved, the more real this game gets!

Will you be able to build your own ships?

Or is it just procedural generation?

Took a while for me to get this post up, but I got a lot to say about making ships. The answer is a little bit of both. To start with, here is something about upgrading the propulsion system to 300,000 nuclear bombs.

efd922_e9abdaa57c024b3b9fc2974913667971.png_srz_p_630_487_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz

Click to read!

• 2 weeks later...

Aside from enough money to fund me going full-time on this, what the game really needs right now is to be shared! We will need hundreds of people following Interstellar, via the mailing list, Twitter or whatever, before I can consider doing a Kickstarter or something to get the game finished.

I'll post another update soon. If you have any suggestions of ways to popularize this idea, let me know.

Thanks Endersmens! Every bit helps.

I've made a lot of progress on gameplay stuff like interacting with the habitat ring. Thus far I have been able to stick to the Augmented Reality style interface, no toolbar or inventory necessary. Everything you need glows and floats in space. :)

Yay! Realistic Faster Than Light!

I very much look forward to seeing where this goes.

Furthermore, when will a prototype be available?

One of the original names I kicked around was "Slower Than Light" :D

I've put an alpha signup on the page! The more people sign up the sooner we can get this done. I'll post a more detailed progress on the alpha soon.

It looks like a fun concept, I will definitely follow its development ! ps, when you have the time, think about modifying the website; I know you have bigger things to look at, but a good site is important. right now the some of the text are in black and are nearly invisible with the background.

Good luck and safe travels !!

That's actually a demo video for a Sci-fi parts package you can buy from the Unity store. So I could take what is in the video and put it in my space ship, replacing the current gray uniform blocks. For example, I could put the holographic projector thing outside the recreation rooms.

More details are in the article linked above!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.