Construction/Heavy-Duty Crane R 2.0 (Goddammit MJY wheres 3.0 LOL)

New Generation

What would you like us to focas on?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like us to focas on?

• multiable Crane Sizes
    • better sounds
    • A #Craneplane
    • better interiers

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y69vqgonl5wlfrb/1mjy%20Crane%20stuff%20%281%29.zip?dl=0

Dropbox link people IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: the craft file has missing or invalid parts, can't use it.

Could we get a walkthrough of how this is suppose to go together? or an updated .craft file? there is only attach node on the crane trailer which I'm thinking is for the crane cabin, there is no nodes for attaching the wheels, boom cabin or boom itself. is it all suppose to be surface attached? even trying that I found it all to be off center is that suppose to be that way also?

Edited by Woodstar

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y69vqgonl5wlfrb/1mjy%20crane%20stuff%20%281%29.zip?dl=0

dropbox link people it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: The craft file has missing or invalid parts, can't use it.

Could we get a walkthrough of how this is suppose to go together? Or an updated .craft file? There is only attach node on the crane trailer which i'm thinking is for the crane cabin, there is no nodes for attaching the wheels, boom cabin or boom itself. Is it all suppose to be surface attached? Even trying that i found it all to be off center is that suppose to be that way also?

you need to install kas and ir like stated on the front page :D

you need to install kas and ir like stated on the front page :D

I have had both long before this mod came out and still do I will put the legacy parts back in for IR (forgot I took them out for ZI rework parts) and see if the problem still remains. But that won't fix the no attach node problem, is it suppose to be all surface attach?

Edited by Woodstar

I have had both long before this mod came out and still do I will put the legacy parts back in for IR (forgot I took them out for ZI rework parts) and see if the problem still remains. But that won't fix the no attach node problem, is it suppose to be all surface attach?

Out of curiosity, are you playing a science/career game? If so you'll need to go research the new parts in the R&D

Edit: I just tried it out myself. The KAS wench attached to the boom does not move when the boom is extended.

Edited by forsaken1111

Out of curiosity, are you playing a science/career game? If so you'll need to go research the new parts in the R&D

Edit: I just tried it out myself. The KAS wench attached to the boom does not move when the boom is extended.

yea I have them researched and got the craft file to work, must say it's a nice concept but needs finished, the boom only extends it does not elevate or rotate and yes the wench does not move with the boom and no IVA. I'll wait for a polished version.

yea I have them researched and got the craft file to work, must say it's a nice concept but needs finished, the boom only extends it does not elevate or rotate and yes the wench does not move with the boom and no IVA. I'll wait for a polished version.

You have something wrong. Everything worked for me fine except that the wench does not move out with the boom. The crane arm does elevate and rotate just fine.

Do the IR groups not show up for you at all when you click the IR toolbar button?

I think the issue with the wench not moving with the boom is that IR needs an attachment node. Surface attached parts do not work well in my experience.

lol, darn file, giving me a pain in the ..., should just scrap it !!, but on curse , it seem they don`t want me adding stuff, a real pain there, got to modified the post over and over , getting really tired of it, should have left it as it was in the first place... u only needed to read the readme, and install the kas + IR first and drop my folder after. anyway, still trying to add it to curse. will have a link as soon as I can and will have more stuff

oh by the way, yes 1 boom was experimental, and will extend, but not bring the winch with it, the single piece is entended to work, until I can figure out how to make a boom for ir to work it will stay single piece, as I tried for a week with no success

3dmax didn`t want to make it work, I tried everything possible, so not going to try no more, not worth all my time for it, someone will make a boom later on that extend, then will see, working on a flying machine from back to the future:)

but prob no one wants to see that :), will have a link as soon as possible

link on my drop box, no choice, I wanted to see how the download went on curse, but there being as..h.., so I give up there

link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hgrcuibwpvhce13/mjy%20crane%20stuff%20v.2.zip?dl=0

let me know how it works, ty

Edited by mjy

glad someone replied, ty yes, also might add some more stuff, will prob do more stuff for it, alsoI feel its to easy to make extra crane stuff, IR can make tons of stuff to add. so now I got to test my new custom delorean to see if it will fly

sorry, wasn`t keeping track of it all, I was doing other meshes, Abraham tank and APC, aircraft carrier, well not much interest in them so will release all those in a batch file later

as for the crane, I can do a v.3 with more stuff like the one u got there, that's easy, the reason players got a hard time is a lot of pieces need to be wielded together like a mod one guy made, but it got bugs. so reason I made stuff in 1 part for those that needed 1,2 part,etc. seems to work for the crane anyway.

if I do a update what do I add in it?? anything offworld? what u think, its now if u want anything missing, claws? prob could do pieces to add to IR, add pics, I`m visual, I can make what I see.

v.2 again, as I was taking most stuff and slap it in a box, but I remember this post :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hgrcuibwpvhce13/mjy%20crane%20stuff%20v.2.zip?dl=0

TommyGun did this retexture, I think it looks good

FbRSu0q.png

k, guest we don`t need a v.3?? that's ok by me, makes it easier to work on other stuff :)

Edited by mjy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.