[0.24.2] TT's Modular MultiWheels 7.2 Update to resolve mass bug + get Roverpilot

TouhouTorpedo

If that's Fineprint / Mission controller then I think they would have to do some kind of change themselves to support it. This mod has no relation to stock wheels at all so thats probably why it isn't detecting them.

Thanks for clearing up that's what happens though, I was curious about that myself...

Great, Thanks for the quick reply. I will look into the other mod.

Take care.

You should totally make a mod that just supports making sports cars. i mean, thats pretty much all i do in with this. and make semi's and role play lol. ksp parts are to heavy to do race cars and turn hard and quick, i think it'd be a huge mod if you did models and parts to support making... idk a corvette, a ferrari, a bugatti. idk. it'd be amazing though

Nice mod, there aren't many good rover mods out there. I really love those wheels, but there's one thing I dislike. The side wheels are too high when you set the Height to 0. That way any rover chassis touches the ground most of the time. It would be better if the 0 Height was lower, like at the same height as the attachment point, because if you set a higher height, the wheel arch doesn't lower, and that flying thing looks a bit weird.

Good mod, but lacks sound fx of running engine :)

Yeah and I'd like also an option to shutdown and start engine, right now I have to disable fuel flow to make them stop...ah and make omniwheel height configurable in the vab :)

Edited by brusura

• 2 weeks later...

Only one update has ever broken MMW plugin. It took one line of code to fix it, lol.

A lot of the "it's broken" reports weren't actually reading the instructions, as it used to be using the older mod format that needed installing differently. Doesn't now though.

Those wheels are amazing. Are you going to remake VTOL engines someday? I'm a fan of VTOLs in general, and I think they'd save me some finagling with complicated IR setups. :)

Why haven't you just tried it? I did, and it seems to work all right.

Well, I moved and haven't been able to get my PC up and running as of yet.

Hopefully I'll get it working this weekend and I'll know if it works for me.

Thanks TT!!

\o/ this guy is awesome Any chance of a mk4 fuselage update?

+1 and also the Mk3 parts too. all it needs is pathing fixes and that's it

on that note i just took a look inside one of the MK4 fusalages .cfg folder (and it's folder structure) and i don't get why it isn't getting textures... it LOOKS like it'll work... but doesn't... i'd like to know what has changed so i can help out a bit if your busy TT

Edited by AntiMatter001

Out of curiosity, is there any sort of documentation/explanation for the various settings within the TTmultiwheel module? some of the things are rather obvious, like wheelRotationAxis and maxSteer, but I'm a bit less certain about stuff like steerFalloff, which I am reasonably certain is the reason why the game flatly refuses to let me cut the wheel to the side at high speed. Sure, there is little good that would likely come of that, but I might still wanna be able to try. I'm just not sure whether I need to lower ore raise the number if I want to lessen the effect that my speed has on my ability to turn the wheels side to side. Sure, I could experiment a bit, but KSP is already a bit finicky, and reloading takes a really long time...

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is already known about, but the directionality of the omniwheels is flipped (left=right back=forward). It's not a massive deal and they are gob-smackingly amazing to me, since I like to make cylindrical landers mobile and this way I simply add 4 wheels with 4x symmetry and they magically turn to the correct heading (doing this with Infernal Robotics was laborious, to say the least). Another thing I noticed is that when you hook up two craft (with, in this instance, a KAS pipe) the one with omniwheels sinks right down on its suspension as if all of the weight of the now-single-entity craft was bearing down on them. Again, not a big deal, just something you might like to know. If you ever feel like making more space-ready-looking versions of them (pretty much just hubs that don't look like earth-bound truck hubs) I would love them even harder ;) I pretty much only have the MM pack for the omniwheels - I'm going to be exploring the USI Modular Kolonosation system soon and they should come is so handy for positioning things. Putting them on robotic extenders to spread out the wheel base and make your lander (or whatever) more stable is also awesome :)