[0.24.2] TT's Modular MultiWheels 7.2 Update to resolve mass bug + get Roverpilot

TouhouTorpedo

I have to make a small bug report: the action group to change the throttle mode doesn't work.

It's not a bug that prevent the construction of rover, but it's a little annoying, especially when you use the mode "throttle"(I use it for my road train, to prevent the powered wheel to loose their grip).

http://i.imgur.com/srvC0Qo.png

EDIT3: and now, some spec.

The first four wheels from the front of the vehicle are the powered one, only the first two steers.

There is 8 diesels engines, I think I could use less engines but:

1) it wouldn't be as cool.

2) I want to be sure I can climb some slopes.

Of, and the last spec: the truck(when fully loaded) have a weight of 349,510 tons.

This is pretty cool. Good to see you're making use of the skidding to your advantage.

I tried setting steeringfalloff to 0.0 to no avail

I can't see how this would fail. This is literally the steering calculation code.

steer = (float)(-FlightInputHandler.state.wheelSteer * maxSteer / (1f + (vel * steerFalloff)));

so with steerFalloff set to zero the calculation for steering angle is literally the steering control input (A or D key) * maximum steering angle.

I have to make a small bug report: the action group to change the throttle mode doesn't work.

It's not a bug that prevent the construction of rover, but it's a little annoying, especially when you use the mode "throttle"(I use it for my road train, to prevent the powered wheel to loose their grip).

Think I can see what would cause that. I've added symmetry functions to change throttle mode which was intended for when right clicking. I think when using action groups the opposing wheels are being told to switch and then are telling their symmetrical partner to switch, effectively cancelling out the control. Right click should work though in the meantime. (but yeah, a pain for a lot of wheels....)

Well, I just have 4 clicks to do so it's so bad.

Oh, and on a unrelated subject: I have done some calculation and found out I made the most fuel efficient vehicle imaginable!

For 100KM, it consume 240 litres of fuel!(yeah, I was sarcastic)

( I can hear the Kerbin's ecologist yelling at me from here!)

TT, are you gonna make a crew cabin with an IVA for the new Mk3 that'll come out in .25?

No, this definitely won't happen. I don't think Squad should be encouraged to not do the job properly and leave things to modders so it gets done for free. So if there isn't an IVA for the new mk3, then there isn't (unless someone else does it...).

Maybe' I'll rerelease the original mk3 iva at some point, but most likely after 0.25. So it'll be with the original mk3 cockpit and equipment. I've done too many original mk3 based mods to have to scrap them all for the new standard. (mk3 expansion and mk3 embedded bays)

EDIT : hold on I misread this, I thought you were asking if I was going to make a new IVA for the new cockpit, which I definately won't be doing.

Far as a new crewcabin goes don't know, I'll see how I feel when we get there.

Edited by TouhouTorpedo

No, this definitely won't happen. I don't think Squad should be encouraged to not do the job properly and leave things to modders so it gets done for free. So if there isn't an IVA for the new mk3, then there isn't (unless someone else does it...).

Maybe' I'll rerelease the original mk3 iva at some point, but most likely after 0.25. So it'll be with the original mk3 cockpit and equipment. I've done too many original mk3 based mods to have to scrap them all for the new standard. (mk3 expansion and mk3 embedded bays)

No, I don't mean an IVA for the pod, I mean a crew tank like your old one for the old Mk3 but the new one, and with an IVA. I'm sure that the pod will have an IVA.

It's more or less SAS for rovers. Turn on SAS and it'll keep a heading and speed.

Thanks TT, I'll have to try that

I think we are idiots and we are supposed to come in knowing everything like how to activate it.

Some folks forget the formula ignorance <> stupidity.

oh well :) it's easy to forget something when you give it for granted

That's to toggle the wheelarch on/off - it's just a cosmetic change, and only applies to some wheels.

In some wheels like the double truck wheel, the options for fenders et cetera are available, but do not seem to do anything. Is that how it's supposed to be?

Edited by Camacha

In some wheels like the double truck wheel, the options for fenders et cetera are available, but do not seem to do anything. Is that how it's supposed to be?

Yup. Because I honestly don't know how to enable/disable tweakables on a part by part basis, so all the options are visible whether or not they work. I could set it up so if tweakables are disabled they automatically flip back to off/on though.

Basically it let me keep back compatability with older multiwheels, as I didn't really have the time to regenerate all of them yet.

Bug report time.

After installing TTMM, I cannot get the game to load, period. I'm using the x64 version, which might have something to do with it. The game doesn't generate a crash report, so naturally I can't post one. For now, I've just uninstalled TTMM and am eagerly awaiting a possible fix.

EDIT: Ignore all of the above, I couldn't get KSP to run even without TTMM. It's apparently something wrong with my install.

Edited by zxczxczbfg

Just tried this out to see if it fixed some of the issues I was having with stock wheels and I must say I like it. I'm already having some fun with it, just built this contraption earlier to do a test run and some science gathering around Kerbin. Don't laugh at my tech I just started a new career save the other day :P I've already been all around KSC and to grasslands & highlands, I'd like to hit mountains and the ice caps with it but I'm not sure if that'll happen -- driving north in the highlands now and already having a hard time (definitely my fault, not the mod), so we'll see. I've never successfully driven all the way up to the pole before. Love the idea of using engines instead of everything electric, and man this thing will fly. The sliding is pretty cool (and I have a shot of burning down the rear tires at KSC)... My only gripe so far is I wish the cabs had doors on the sides instead of having to climb up top, maybe a right-click & enter vehicle option, but that's minor and personal preference I guess. So far rubber-to-surface feel is much better than stock, which was my main concern. I've only tried the truck tires though. Good work and please consider adding sounds!

KSP2014-09-1501-20-20-34.jpg~original

Edit: Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!! lol

Same functionality, better thought out design:

KSP2014-09-1502-43-50-54.jpg~original

Edited by Duke23

I would like to make a request I, would like to make a request I want to be able to set an added speed limit to what the wheels can give. I don't need to drive at plaid across Mun's Surface in my Space Winnebago. 2cfb128949edf3cdd07ae8f3865525c2.jpg

I would also like to be able to scale back the amount of force the front brakes put out, I do not want to disable the front brakes more back them off to a 25% or so.

I like the idea of tweakable brakes. I haven't taken this equipment anywhere off world yet but it would have been nice while navigating the mountains of Kerbin. I think it's not as big of a deal as it is with stock wheels though, or maybe I had that vehicle balanced better. It wasn't really an issue until I was in one of those spots I probably wouldn't have been in the first place without a death wish.

First off, thanks for the mod. I really enjoy going faster than 20 kph...sideways.

A quick question. In career mode I made a rover with the single truck wheels but they don't satisfy the requirement for the rover missions apparently. Is there somewhere I can change or add a parameter to fix this? In the meantime I made a rover with a set of regular rover wheels I can lower with IR when I need to.

Please advise at your convenience. Thanks

If that's Fineprint / Mission controller then I think they would have to do some kind of change themselves to support it. This mod has no relation to stock wheels at all so thats probably why it isn't detecting them.

Thanks for clearing up that's what happens though, I was curious about that myself...