How to keep node data up?

I saw a streamer do something to keep info (apoapsis, periapsis, encounters, etc.) from disappearing when he took the mouse away on the maneuver nodes. I had no idea you could do that but I can't seem to find any info how how? What key does it use to do it?

Edited by Alshain

I find the easiest (although still fiddly) way is to click once, bringing up the 'Add a maneuver' box, and then to click again, ignoring that box. This will generally let you click through and cause the apoapsis/periapsis data to be displayed even after moving the mouse off the node.

Personally I wish there was a hotkey or a button came up (like the +/- orbit buttons they added on maneuver nodes) that turned it on for both ap and pe and it stayed on until you clicked it or hit the hotkey again. That way while you're fiddling with your orbit, if the pe goes below the surface it would still show the numbers when you brought it back up above the surface.

Personally I wish there was a hotkey or a button came up (like the +/- orbit buttons they added on maneuver nodes) that turned it on for both ap and pe and it stayed on until you clicked it or hit the hotkey again. That way while you're fiddling with your orbit, if the pe goes below the surface it would still show the numbers when you brought it back up above the surface.

Yeah, that would be nice. It would also be nice if the maneuver node didn't collapse into inert form when you do any thing at all on the map, like change focus to the target planet, or click to make the Ap/Pe values stay up.

And it woudl be great if you could focus on rendezvous locations, too, especially when in Kerbol's SOI.

Step 1: Create a maneuver node and adjust it so that it is not the same as your current orbit.

Step 2: Click on the little "AP" or "PE" flag/icon/whatever you want to call it (of the maneuver orbit, not the parent/current orbit.)

Step 3: See your data stay up while adjusting the maneuver node!

Step 4: ???

Step 5: Profit!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.