Extra Life (Children's Miracle Network)

jab136

Hello everyone, on Saturday October 25, I will be playing games for 24 hours straight, in order to raise money for the Children's Miracle Network through Extra Life. I have decided that this year I will spend my entire time playing KSP (on a very modded install). If I can figure out how to stream I will. I am posting this in order to ask for donations, all money goes to the Children's Miracle Network, and any donation will help immensely. My donation page is here http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=90380

Edited by jab136

I will check, when I get back to my dorm, but I think I will probably get an A+ (gotta love university internet)

The speedtest result will be nullified at a university institute (more often than not).

You'll have to mess around with bitrate instead.

I got an F+ on my speed test. I'm pretty sure third world countries have better internet than the US. Also, I feel like the + in F+ is there to slap me in the face.

I have the same problem, fellow kerbonaut. Heck, I placed it in my signature because of how bad it is. In reality I get, on average, 150-200kb/s down. :(

3746213182.png here are my results, they were actually better last year

I think my major issue though is going to be hardware, as I already get some lag when playing even if I only have a single kerbal loaded (running 70 mods on a macbook with dual boot to windows 7)

Edited by jab136

hey guys, thanks for keeping this thread alive, but could all this talk about internet speeds please move to another thread? this thread's purpose is to attempt to raise money for the Children's miracle network, and maybe aid me in streaming my 24 hour marathon.

Thanks for the cooperation

I got an F+ on my speed test. I'm pretty sure third world countries have better internet than the US. Also, I feel like the + in F+ is there to slap me in the face.

We do indeed!

3746917724.png

Greetings from Rwanda :D And all the best with your marathon!

hey guys, thanks for keeping this thread alive, but could all this talk about internet speeds please move to another thread? this thread's purpose is to attempt to raise money for the Children's miracle network, and maybe aid me in streaming my 24 hour marathon.

Thanks for the cooperation

methinks you'll need ideas for missions, badly. I figure you'll roll through the tech tree in the first 3 hours max, then have every planet and moon colonized half-way through your marathon.

Here are a few suggestions:

Build tall poles/towers 'hotels' on both poles of the Mun, then operate a skip-bus between the two that flies as low as possible without crashing into a mountain.

Put a "munar lagrangian" station sitting on the same orbit but just outside of the Mun's SOI, then see how little deltaV is needed to reach the Munar surface or to aerobrake into low Kerbin orbit from there. Also, see if you can manage to slingshot around the Mun into Kerbin escape from there.

Jool-5 grand challenge

Replicate famous aircraft

Build the biggest truck you can, launch from the airport strip, climb mountains near KSC

Set up a drag racing event on the airport strip

And for the grand finale: put up a nice fireworks show !

...oh, and, obligatory bragging:

3747137170.png

well, I do have fine print installed as one of my 70 mods so I could always just use that for inspiration

also, I re-did the test, and connected to a server closer to me (I am at penn state, and it connected to Wichita KS. last night, today with a connection that was physically closer, I got this result

3747639365.png it appears to vary wildly depending on the server I am connecting to, I figure that is probably due to a hardware issue on the server end

Edited by jab136

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.