[1.1.x] AGroupOnStage - Activate action groups upon staging! [May 6]

iPeer

Thank you very much Ipeer for the fix! Now it does not freeze up the VAB anymore.

But i cant seem to get my head around how to use it.

What i did:

Action group 1: Lights on

Then cklicked on a decoupler and on AGOS and set to execute action group 1

Then i launched and wanted to see the light go on when i decouple this special decoupler, but nothing happend (lights still out but decoupler word as it should)

Any usage hints ?

Thanks

Thank you very much Ipeer for the fix! Now it does not freeze up the VAB anymore.

But i cant seem to get my head around how to use it.

What i did:

Action group 1: Lights on

Then cklicked on a decoupler and on AGOS and set to execute action group 1

Then i launched and wanted to see the light go on when i decouple this special decoupler, but nothing happend (lights still out but decoupler word as it should)

Any usage hints ?

Thanks

Log file? Did you configure the action group (not AGOS) correctly? Does your ship have power?

Yes the action group was configutred correct, i will test some more. i tried it with the throttle setting and it worked. (these Lights did not work: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57778-1-0-Surface-Mounted-Stock-Alike-Lights-for-Self-Illumination)

Then i tried it with landig legs, they also worked :-) So i think it is part/mod based...

Also just for my clarification, does AGOS only work on decoupler or alo on other parts ?

Yes the action group was configutred correct, i will test some more. i tried it with the throttle setting and it worked. (these Lights did not work: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57778-1-0-Surface-Mounted-Stock-Alike-Lights-for-Self-Illumination)

Then i tried it with landig legs, they also worked :-) So i think it is part/mod based...

Also just for my clarification, does AGOS only work on decoupler or alo on other parts ?

It works on all parts.

But only if they have a stageing icon right ?

How can i otherwise activate the part ?

If you attach a config to a part, that group will fire whenever the stage which that part is classed as being in is activated.

You guessed it, yet another bug fix update. 1.0 seems to have done a right number on the code :/

Update to 2.0.4!

30/04/15, v2.0.4:
* Fixed an issue causing action group configs to duplicate massively on revert to editor.
* Confgurations are now cleared when starting a new vessel in the editor.
* Previous AGOS configurations are now cleared when starting a new vessel in the editor.

Updated to 2.0.6!

02/05/15, v2.0.6:
* Fixed an issue that could cause action group configs to be overridden by a previous flight's if the player transitioned to the FLIGHT scene without going through the editor first.
* Non-Custom (SAS, RCS, Lights, etc.) action groups are now correctly listed with AGX installed.
* Due to this change, some group IDs were changed. If you run with AGX, double check your group configs.
* Fixed an issue where action group configs could duplicate if the player reverted to launch and then reverted to the editor.
* Fixed action groups being fired multiple times when staging.
* All selected action groups and part links are now cleared when the GUI is closed in the editor if they're not commited.
* AGOS' GUI will no longer close on Part.OnDestroy() events.

Edit: If your action groups show numbers before them in AGOS' GUI, redownload and reinstall!

Edited by iPeer

Updated to 2.0.7:

06/05/2015, v2.0.7:
* Art pass on toolbar button
* Fixed a couple of things that relied on statements that would never fire.
* Rewritten AGOS' settings code
* Action groups are now limited by tech level in Career mode.
* AGOS now has a settings GUI (click AGOS' toolbar button to open)

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to 2.0.8:

17/05/15, v2.0.8:
* Added support for Blizzy's toolbar
* Added a new AGOS action group that can be told to fire after so many seconds.
* Updated AGX intergration to use new external methods for getting group names.
* Fixed an issue that could cause AGOS' input locks to persist through scene changes
* Vastly improved AGOS' vessel switching logic. Action group configs should now display correctly when switching vessels.
* Improved how AGOS handles action group duplication on flight reverts. There should be *no* circumstances in which this happens now.

Note to users of AGX: If all your action group names are coming back as "UPDATE AGX", please update to AGX 1.32b.

Edited by iPeer

• 3 weeks later...

Updated to 2.0.9:

* Added an option to always use the 'alternate' AGOS button textures.
* Added an option to have AGOS' custom action groups appear at the bottom of the configuration window's list.
* Added an option to allow AGOS to create AGOSrelated Kerbals in new (and existing) non-Career saves.
* Duplicated actions groups are now removed before saving as well as on vessel switch and flight ready events.
* Invalid action groups are now highlighted in red. "Invalid" means if they're configured for stages above the stages the vessel has or are linked to a part that was removed.
* Tweaked how the main AGOS GUI works slightly.
* Added an options button to the main AGOS GUI (the ... button).
* All variations of AGOS' textures for the stock toolbar button are now contained in one file, meaning slightly less RAM usage. Sadly, this is not possible for Blizzy's toolbar, they are still separate textures.
* Added messages for special occasions (dev's birthdays, Christmas, New Year, that sort of thing) to AGOS' main GUI. The (stock) toolbar image will even dress up for the occasion!
* Added an option to allow users to enable AGOS' debug features (These might break your game, you've been warned
* Fixed AGOS' settings GUI sometimes throwing nullrefs when opened at specific times.
* AGOS will now only save its settings to file if they've actually changed.
* AGOS' should now correctly handle action group configs when two ships dock.
* Fixed nullref when opening AGOS' GUI without visiting the Editor first.

• 2 weeks later...

Does this mod do this:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/124361-Associate-Action-Groups-With-Staging-Icon

Reading the description sound like it does exactly what I was looking for. Gonna download it and give it a try.

EDIT: By golly it does! Hooray!

Edited by Probus

• 1 month later...

Update to 2.0.10, lots of bug fixes!

* Exposed option to alter the chance of the Taco AGOS button being used.    
* Exposed option to alter the chance for how often the Fine Controls easter egg fires.
* Added an option to disable special occasion messages.
* Added a button to the settings GUI to allow users to reset AGOS' settings to their defaults.
* Dialogs that are used to inform the player of something or ask for basic input no longer use OnGUI, but KSP's native PopupDialog class.
* Tweaked the button images for the stock toolbar slightly. They should be less jaggy on smaller screen resolutions now.
* Completely new anti-clickthrough system!
* AGOS can now hook into the Engineer's Report to show information on its configuration.
* The button to open the settings GUI has a sweet icon now.
* AGOS will now remove unneeded (AGOS related) textures from memory upon startup
* [#14] Fixed an issue that was causing InvalidOperation exceptions to be thrown when sending a Kerbal on EVA.
* [#15] Fixed an issue where AGOS would not see groups configured for stages less than 0 as invalid.
* [#16] Fixed an issue which made it possible to assign group configurations to Kerbals on EVA.
* [#17] Fixed an issue causing invalid stage number inputs (such as letters) to be parsed as 0s instead of being ignored.
* [#18] Fixed an issue where switching vessels during configuration of part linked groups would allow them to be applied to the wrong vessel.
* [#19] Fixed an issue where AGOS would cause an editor-breaking NullReferenceException when loading vessels created with AGX after removal of AGX.
* [#20] Fixed an issue causing part linked group configs to have the vessel's current name in their reference string if created during flight.
* [#21] Fixed an issue that would allow group configs that had not been fully configured to be assigned to vehicles.
* [#22] Fixed an issue where AGOS would not clear configured groups if all parts of a vessel were deleted from the editor scene.

Updated to 2.0.11:

* [#24] Fixed an issue where AGOS' toolbar buttons could become stuck in a disabled state if the player changed scene while controlling a Kerbal
* [#26] Fixed AGOS using incorrect value ("System.String[]") as a part's name when saving part linked groups.

Edited by iPeer
typo

• 3 months later...

Updated to 2.0.12, adding some stuff and compatibility with 1.0.5!

* Recompiled against KSP 1.0.5.
* Users can now pick parts to link group configurations to from within AGOS' GUI.
* Added a new group config: SAS mode change - change the autopilot's mode when staging!
* Time-delayed actions groups are now saved along-side the vessel so they can be resumed should the player leave flight whilst they're counting down.
* Maximum delay for time-delayed groups has been upped to 60 seconds by default on new installs. Existing installs will need to edit their config!
* [#27] Fixed an issue causing AGOS' Engineer's Report concerns from being registered every time the player entered an editor.
* [#29] Fixed an issue causing configurations creating in the flight scene not being restored to their vessel correctly when undocking.
* [#32] Fixed the button texture becoming white when overlaying the confetti texture for special occasions.

• 4 months later...

Hi there,

this mod activates KSP Debug Console at launch every time. Its a bit annoying because I then have to close it. Can I disable this? Is it in the source or in some config file?

Thanks

Example of console that launches at game start:

I see what you did. Your IsDebugBuild funciton looks like this:

public static bool isDebugBuild()
        {
#if DEBUG
            return true;
#else
            return false;
#endif

}

Edited by pditty8811

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for the really late reply (I'm not getting notifications for replies). Just checked, and yes, the last 1.0.5 build of AGOS does indeed show the debug menu on startup. Apparently, when I released the update way back in November, I accidentally used the debug build (fun fact: you're the first to report this in 6 months). As this is not intentional behaviour (for the public release, at least), there's no way to change this except compiling the source yourself, however the update for 1.1 will not have this issue.

Edited by iPeer

9 hours ago, Padishar said:

Your 1.1 version (I assume he is using the latest version) seems to be causing a lot of log spam...

Latest version on CKAN at least.

Edited by code99

Ckan version (3.0.0 - same as github) produces following error on load;

"[Warning]: File 'C:\Games\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\iPeer\AGroupOnStage/PluginData/AGroupOnStage\settings.cfg' does not exist"

Confirmed no settings.cfg present, I assume it has no impact on game, but wanted to post here incase it does (I dont like "warning" in logs :) )

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.