[0.90]Asmi's ECLSS Mod - REVIVED! (Version 1.0.19)

Shasol

The future of ECLSS.  

41 members have voted

1. 1. The future of ECLSS.

• Add more to ECLSS, Foodstuff, water and wast management.
    • More advanced options and features; greenhouses, CO2 scrubbers etc.

I'm up for any life support mod that isn't TAC. Simple is good. But I've noticed that ECLSS seems to have missed many pods. I just lost jeb on assent in a HGR pod because it wasn't setup for ECLSS. Many stock pods (cupola, crew cabin and all the new plane parts) are also missed. So here is a MM file that adds ECLSS to various pods.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e1oke3mv161dxex/ECLSS_HGR_Sandworm_v1.cfg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsudozcsg6tfkvr/ECLSS_StockPods_Sandworm_v1.cfg

Parts included:

Stock: crewCabin, mk2CrewCabin, mk2Cockpit_Inline, mk2Cockpit_Standard, cupola

HGR: OnionNew, Soy-Juice, Spud, HGR_Leek, Radish

I'm working on a third file for stockalike station parts. Parts so far

I've taken some liberties with these. Rather than simply multiplying the crew capacity, I'm trying to make judgment calls. For instance the HGR 'spud' gets a little less 02 than the stock 1-man pod. And the HGR "Radish" has three kerbal-days of 02 even though it's a two-kerbal pod.

nice was about to do the same lol anyway FASA BigG compartments don't have oxygen/co2 values ether maybe wanna take a look at those too

I'm up for any life support mod that isn't TAC. Simple is good. But I've noticed that ECLSS seems to have missed many pods. I just lost jeb on assent in a HGR pod because it wasn't setup for ECLSS. Many stock pods (cupola, crew cabin and all the new plane parts) are also missed. So here are some MM files to add ECLSS to various pods.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e1oke3mv161dxex/ECLSS_HGR_Sandworm_v1.cfg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsudozcsg6tfkvr/ECLSS_StockPods_Sandworm_v1.cfg

Parts included:

Stock: crewCabin, mk2CrewCabin, mk2Cockpit_Inline, mk2Cockpit_Standard, cupola

HGR: OnionNew, Soy-Juice, Spud, HGR_Leek, Radish

I'm working on a third file for stockalike station parts.

I've taken some liberties with these. Rather than simply multiplying the crew capacity, I'm trying to make judgment calls. For instance the HGR 'spud' gets a little less 02 than the stock 1-man pod. And the HGR "Radish" has three kerbal-days of 02 even though it's a two-kerbal pod.

If you download the ECLSS rebalancer mod (link in first post of this thread) it adds supply to any crewable command pod, either 1 day or 3 days depending on which file you use.

If you download the ECLSS rebalancer mod (link in first post of this thread) it adds supply to any crewable command pod, either 1 day or 3 days depending on which file you use.

I looked at that but didn't like the approach. Not all one-man or two-man pods are identical. The HGR "spud" doesn't look like it has the same space inside as the one-man lander can. And the new two-man in-line spaceplane cockpit looks much larger than the HGR's two-man radish. It takes more time, but I think they need individual entries.

is it just me, or doesnt work the rebalancer mod in the op properly?

Pods doesnt have storage for CarbonDioxide. cfg's need to be changed, he's using CO2 where he should use CarbonDioxide.

yeap change CO2 to CarbonD. everywhere and it should work i did mine alredy

When the CO2 tanks and capsule is full, your kerbals die

sorry not true, just tried it out. i guess co2 is just there to be able to recycle. No need to bring CO2 Tanks without recycler then.

thanks dtoxic, that did it.

Pods doesnt have storage for CarbonDioxide. cfg's need to be changed, he's using CO2 where he should use CarbonDioxide.

Yes the Rebalancer mod needs to be updated after i made ECLSS CRP compliant.

Yes it probably does, I sent the files across before the change from CO2 to CarbonDioxide.

I've updated the mod and you can download it here:

http://www.kingtiger.co.uk/kingtiger/wordpress/eclss-rebalancer/

The thing about the rescue Kerbal contract and the reason your Kerbal die's

Q and A time :D

Q: Why does my Kerbal die?

A: He has no oxygen.

Q: Why does my Kerbal have no oxygen?

A: He is not leaving a ship with a supply of oxygen.

A continued:

Well, this needs a bit of an explanation. When you EVA a kerbal the kerbal is not just spawned with a ready supply of oxygen, he actually gets the oxygen from the ship he EVA's out off. So when the game spawns a Kerbal out of the blue, there is no ship and thues no oxygen.

So until I write a hook for the contract system to determine if a Kerbal is spawned from a contract aka the rescue kerbal or going on EVA from am actual ship, the best thing to do is declining the contract.

I am sorry for the inconvenience but there are no easy fix to this problem.

Edited by Shasol

thankyou, both of you :) I like Paul's eclss rebalanced, because regenerator now need 5 times the energy, while making o2 last 10 times longer (instead 3 times). Tanks getting bigger too.

Looking at the figures I need to rebalance everything. I haven't touched it since Asmi had to step away from modding. I'll look at it tonight and use my universal storage figures. By the way Universal Storage has an ECLSS pack which will give you storage and processors [/shamless plug]

Hey there, cheers, how wel balanced is this?

I'm thinking of using this in addition to snacks to provide a simple yet challenging life support system.

I don't want to use others simple because they seem complicated and not very well balanced.

Ideally I would like some resource that 1 unit provides the life support for 1 kerbal for 1 day.

Then altering the density to what that amount would actually mean. Understand?

This is just to have meaningful values for unit resource amount, to make life easier when wondering how much that tank actually provides.

Could someone help balancing that?

ECLSS Rebalance has been updated to 0.2.3

I've fixed some bugs caused by the renaming of resources and parts that I didn't catch the first time.

Most importantly I have updated the capacities of everything to be more realistic, balanced with the Universal Storage research, everything now contains less.

The recycler now works based on a real world system, it's very power hungry and not very efficient, but it doesn't require other input resources.

If you want a better way to recycle carbon dioxide then download Universal Storage (Core and ECLSS packs) to make use of the more efficient, but more complex Sabatier reactor.

0.2.3 – October 17 2014

1. Rebalanced tank capacity to match Universal Storage research. Everything now holds less!
  2. Balanced converter to match a CO2 catalytic decomposer. This turns CO2 into CO and O2. For every 3 liters of CO2 used, 2 liters of O2 is created. This process is very power hungry so you’ll need free power to make it pay.

ECLSS Rebalance has been updated to 0.2.3

I've fixed some bugs caused by the renaming of resources and parts that I didn't catch the first time.

Most importantly I have updated the capacities of everything to be more realistic, balanced with the Universal Storage research, everything now contains less.

The recycler now works based on a real world system, it's very power hungry and not very efficient, but it doesn't require other input resources.

If you want a better way to recycle carbon dioxide then download Universal Storage (Core and ECLSS packs) to make use of the more efficient, but more complex Sabatier reactor.

0.2.3 – October 17 2014

1. Rebalanced tank capacity to match Universal Storage research. Everything now holds less!
  2. Balanced converter to match a CO2 catalytic decomposer. This turns CO2 into CO and O2. For every 3 liters of CO2 used, 2 liters of O2 is created. This process is very power hungry so you’ll need free power to make it pay.

the latest version of Eclss parts still has naming like this (ECLSS_tankCO2) thou your re-balancer (NH_MM_LifeSupport_3days.cfg) refers to this part name (ECLSS_tankCarbonDioxide) witch does not exist so please check that cause i might be wrong (and usually i'am)

• 2 weeks later...

encountered this bug and all the planets where gone only sun was left

in the map view i used Eclss window to cycle trough available vessels when this occurred (Asteroids and Flags are also registered as vessels)

also i think there is a stutter problem when you have a couple of flags (i had 5 on the moon) that is triggered when warping around Kerbin/moon Orbit

i think that is caused because ECLSS is registering Flags as vessels and calculates their stats (even if there aren't any) in background

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at MapObject.GetName () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (.MapObject tgt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at LifeSupport.MapViewGUIController.MapViewWindowOnPreviousClicked () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at LifeSupport.UI.LifeSupportVesselGUI.OnPreviousClicked () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityGUIFramework.Controls.ButtonControl.OnRender () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityGUIFramework.Controls.GUIControl.Render () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityGUIFramework.Controls.GUICompositeControl.OnRender () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityGUIFramework.Controls.LayoutControl.OnRender () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityGUIFramework.Controls.GUIControl.Render () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityGUIFramework.Controls.GUICompositeControl.OnRender () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityGUIFramework.Controls.LayoutControl.OnRender () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityGUIFramework.GUIWindow.Render (Int32 winId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Using Eclss 1.0.18 KSP 0.25x32

Here are the logs

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ptoaol2wxnh3pj9/Eclss.rar?dl=0

Hope it Helps

Note that there is also this Error in the logs but it;s related to EVE (Environmental Visual Enhancements mod)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Clouds.Clouds.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.