[0.90]Asmi's ECLSS Mod - REVIVED! (Version 1.0.19)

Shasol

The future of ECLSS.  

41 members have voted

1. 1. The future of ECLSS.

• Add more to ECLSS, Foodstuff, water and wast management.
    • More advanced options and features; greenhouses, CO2 scrubbers etc.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am looking at Life Support Systems now; looking at TacLife and Universal Storage ECLSS and various filtrations systems; I think the CO2 scubber is fine as suggested as long as size is somewhat equivalent to real life; I dont know to what extent Universal storage has done this but their models look good; TacLife has all their filtration units in a flat round package which is okay as well; at least this provide functionalty.

Waste water treatment as I have read includes distillation of humidity on the inside walls and other waste products; efficiency ratings show 70% but I am looking at a more practical 50% and even less as long as Kerbalnauts can have other various methods to fill in the gaps (like the CO2 scrubbers for Air; Ice for water; water splitting for air; they vent the Hydrogen but everything should be recycled as Hydrogen can be used as fuel as long as there is a place to put it.

I actually didnt know what ECLSS was; I thought it was the same as TACLIFE; depending on the models I will probly just port the code into Univ Storage modules as they look kool altho they are cumbersome to place.

Cmdr Zeta

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
And now we get to ask, are you going to update this for 1.0?

Yes, some time Soon [tm]

Hey Shasol,

I've a request,

Could you change the name of the dll to something more unique, suchs as ECLSS.dll?

There are other mods using Lifesupport.dll and that makes it hard to tweak parts based on what mod is installed in modulemanager.

Sure no problem. I'll change the dll name, on the next update circle.

Does anyone have the code for 1.0 to fix the attachment nodes on Bobcat's awesome tanks? I'm always leery of messing with the node configs myself, since weird things seem to happen.

The radial ones work fine, of course, but the inline parts have buggy bottom nodes - although you can get them to attach to each other upside down. ;)

EDIT: I figured it out: Flip the fifth digit to -1 and everything works just fine. Phew.

Edited by Selentic
asked and answered

I voted for Foodstuff water and waste management

I like the detail of this mod, the 'realism' (I know that's sometimes a dirty word on these forums.) But I often use TAC over this as I like counting water and food.

I recently listened to this short story http://escapepod.org/2015/05/01/ep491-heavens-touch/ and a big part of it is thirst and starvation space suit, and seeing as how big of a deal humidity is in real space stations I'd love to see what a mod like this would do with these concepts.

In response to the poll, I voted advanced options.

In some ways it's a shame that the life support mods are not separated from the parts. That way the choice for the user would be how the simulation runs, with overlapping parts packs to choose from (which is the approach we took with universal storage). But for the time being I would say get what you have currently working really well, with a basic, but polished set of parts for resource storage and conversion, then maybe expend from there, ideally with an option for simple (Oxygen cycle only) or full (with water and food cycle added in, a-la TACLS).

For scrubbers specifically, I assumed these were already included in parts as too much CO2 in the atmosphere is never an issue as it is already scrubbed from the environment and either vented or stored in tanks. These scrubbers can be simulated by the need for electric charge and the fact that Kerbals will die if you run out of power (and so temperature control and CO2 scrubbers).

Either way Universal Storage will continue to support ECLSS, I love how it handles resources during time warp.

Thanks for the input Paul. I did make a roadmap for the mod some time ago, and one of the items on the list was to make ECLSS partless, and let other people with better modelling skills do the job of making the models and textures for the mod.

Good news everyone. Expect a working but striped down version of ECLSS, this week. The 1.0 update hav have broken large amounts of the realtime module and guiframework module and therefore need a large overhaul in order to function properly. I do apologise for the long waiting time, but rl is getting in the way.

Well as promised here is a 1.0.2 compatible build of ECLSS.

There are a new folder structure and renaming of files, please remember to delete any old ECLSS installations from your GameData folder.

List of changes:

Some of the UI have been disabled do to they need a major rewrite to function as intended.

Renaming of the LifeSupport.dll to ECLSS.dll on request.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

ECLSS will be going trough some changes the coming months, but rl is taking alot of my time a the moment, but are planing to release the 1.1 update to ECLSS within the next 3 weeks, if everything goes as planed.

Happy flying everyone.

Download the build her

• 2 weeks later...

Hrm don't seem to be seeing your GUI, i'm on a stock KSP with only this mod and modulemanager 2.6.5 installed. The resources show up for the pods, and the options gui for warnings shows up, but not the "default" eclss gui

Hrm don't seem to be seeing your GUI, i'm on a stock KSP with only this mod and modulemanager 2.6.5 installed. The resources show up for the pods, and the options gui for warnings shows up, but not the "default" eclss gui

As stated in the release notes for the Dev build, most of the GUI are disabled, do to it being broken. But are working on a new release with a new updated GUI and toolbar integration.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I've been poking around this thread, the original thread, and bitbucket, and I still have not gotten a good clear idea as to what license the part models and textures are under. The license for the mod itself is a permissive MIT license, but it says "The Software contains parts created by by BobCat, he has kindly provided me a permission to use them in this package", so I'm not completely clear on whether that means that those parts are wrapped up in the same license, or are not. @Shasol does not seem to be active at the moment, and Bobcat was eaten by the Kraken some time ago.

Suggestions, thoughts?

• 1 month later...
On 30/7/2016 at 10:40 PM, Tokamak said:

I've been poking around this thread, the original thread, and bitbucket, and I still have not gotten a good clear idea as to what license the part models and textures are under. The license for the mod itself is a permissive MIT license, but it says "The Software contains parts created by by BobCat, he has kindly provided me a permission to use them in this package", so I'm not completely clear on whether that means that those parts are wrapped up in the same license, or are not. @Shasol does not seem to be active at the moment, and Bobcat was eaten by the Kraken some time ago.

Suggestions, thoughts?

The part models and textures are Bobcat's and as such he alone can give permission to use them. I only handle the code.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.