Component Space Shuttle V 5.0.1 (July 14, 2013)

Cepheus

Read the readme (you did include, it, Cepheus, right?). The Shuttle requires the Toggleable ASAS plugin. This is located in the forward RCS block, which won't appear if you don't have the plugin.

EDIT: Ninja'ed by BobCat. Yes, it might be a better idea to bundle it with the upload (or at least link to it in the release post).

Cepheus

Your RCS part use TASAS plugin.

In your archive no have this plugin.

Reupload CSS and include TASAS plugin.

Read the readme (you did include, it, Cepheus, right?). The Shuttle requires the Toggleable ASAS plugin. This is located in the forward RCS block, which won't appear if you don't have the plugin.

EDIT: Ninja'ed by BobCat. Yes, it might be a better idea to bundle it with the upload (or at least link to it in the release post).

Whoops. Reuploaded, and external tank fixed.

Flies like a charm, doesn't it? :) Yes, I'm aware it's a bit too perfect - the real thing flew like a brick. But due to landing gear issues, I was forced to make the flight model extremely well tuned in order to allow extremely gentle touchdowns, which in turn allow it to survive the landings. Right now, that's where the real challenge is. You're not doing anything wrong, you could try dumping fuel, but in general, it's supposed to do this crazy stuff. I had to make those tradeoffs.

Edited by Guest

Fly like WW1 plane now... too much lift to wings... I can fly near ground (30-40m) in 46m/s speed , and nose up to 2km again... and no any engines....

And i think Main fuel tank too small

71a6a958ea9807797f49714667edf51a.png

Edited by BobCat

When i got the mod and i tried to load in the pre-built ship, it said i didn't have the "shuttle manipulator" and also when i try to land it, it just flips around (doing backflips and having no control over it)

When i got the mod and i tried to load in the pre-built ship, it said i didn't have the "shuttle manipulator" and also when i try to land it, it just flips around (doing backflips and having no control over it)

You need to have lazor system. I didn't include that, as it isn't my mod, and it wouldn't be right to do so.

also when i try to land it, it just flips around (doing backflips and having no control over it)

Empty the internal tanks first, or at least burn a lot of fuel from them. Also, engage precision controls.

Im sure in game screens have perspective errors, but

[snip]

I thing fuel tank CSS little small.... or not?

Thanks for pointing it out, though the error is less than you think. The Shuttle in your picture uses orthographic projection, while KSP uses perspective. That makes for a big error, especially at the bottom. That said, it is too small, my bad. CSS 6.0 will be scaled much more precisely, and there will probably be a hotfix for this one. It's a simple fix, just need to sit down and figure the scaling out.

after using this and seeing the problems with it firsthand, all i can say is wow. it looks fantastic! (very sexy orange fuel tank ;)) and the shuttle itself looks fantastic! if this were to work on par with bobcats shuttle, then it could be my favourite mod of all time! :)

6.0 should be much better, once we have everything we need. Looks like we're getting the source models afterall, so it'll be a dramatic improvement.

Listen up folks, if you're only here to give the OP grief about their mod, go somewhere else. If you don't like something, just move along. By taking the time to type up a post that does nothing but harass the OP, you are quickly going to run afoul of the moderators.

Take this as your first and only warning, anyone continuing to give the modders in this thread that have graciously given their time to create free content a hard time, I will start tossing out the infractions.

Got it?

Good.

Cheers!

Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

6.0 should be much better, once we have everything we need. Looks like we're getting the source models afterall, so it'll be a dramatic improvement.

i've had a look at the gear configs and I believe the problem lies withing the attach nodes of the wings or the crash tolerance is to low if the wings are being torn of by the gear braking to stop the shuttle that's just a suggestion but otherwise great job! :D