Component Space Shuttle V 5.0.1 (July 14, 2013)

Cepheus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw some other people posting about this but I couldn't find any solutions, I have the issue that on launch, the shuttle is completely immovable when SAS is on (and goes completely out of control without), people have suggested using other SAS modules, but that doesn't seem to work for me, any solutions would be amazing, I love this mod, its amazing! I also had a problem with the boosters, I can't seem to use the CSS SRB de-coupler correctly (this is only a minor problem as I am fine using other Decouplers).

Thanks in advance

F9 Quickload makes all the shuttle parts break apart.. I can almost do missions well with this mod except quickload is instant death. Anyone know the part parameters that might help fix this? The SAS on the shuttle feels really strong, wondering if it might be related to loading with it turned on.

Edited by mcbmaestro

The model is undergoing complete rework. It won't change much visually, but all functionality will be greatly improved and all parts will be working.

Until then, can someone link or post the proper procedures to fly it with or without MechJeb? Im getting craaaaaazy tumbles right after SRB separation, after not downloading this mod for a few save file iterations.

Thanks!

Its something else entirely. TiberDyne's is a made-up mod, this is a faithful replica of the real Space Shuttle..

In terms of performance, flight characteristics, etc, I cant really compare them, I haven't used the Shuttle Launch System

Well, it might be able to handle it with some support. However, I'm holding off on updating it (which it needs) until the model is ready. It might not be compatible with DRE at all.

Well, it might be able to handle it with some support. However, I'm holding off on updating it (which it needs) until the model is ready. It might not be compatible with DRE at all.

DRE? Can you clarify? And if not with mechjeb, thats ok for now. But how do you fly it manually?

Carefully. :) There was a guide posted in this thread, or included in the Readme. It might or might not work now. And DRE stands for Deadly Reentry, I thought somebody asked about it, but I must have misread something.

Tiberdyne shuttles can be used by mechjeb, you just have to alter the ascent profile, or hit

Cancel Rot on the Smart A.S.S and fly it yourself. Performance wise, I' d go for TD, since it was and always has been balanced with stock.

Use KillRot on SmartASS when launching so that the beast will stay stable. Then make sure you dump all of your fuel before re-entry (TAC fuel balancer works well for this).In .21 I was flying picture perfect STS missions with this, from launch to landing. Haven't put it in .22 but I imagine it would work just as well in sandbox.

While I don't like giving "it's done when it's done" responses, the problem is that we can't really do much here. The model's at BobCat's, being overhauled. We'll get it when he's done, and he's got a lot of projects he goes between. That's just the way he works, one day updating the American Pack, making a new HOME another. CSS is in this rotation, too. It will be done, eventually, and it'll have everything working. The first release should follow quickly, and it'll be a bare-bones Shuttle with most of the Buran's features in place (except the IVA). Later on, there'll be an advanced IVA, Life Support, RT integration, RSS configs, realistic SRBs... But first, a bare-bones, fully functional, stock compatible CSS. I'll probably throw in the CANADARM, since that's just Buran's arm with altered logo, so it's not gonna change.