Component Space Shuttle V 5.0.1 (July 14, 2013)

Cepheus

OK, I'm most likely going to miss the deadline. Turns out the wheels are fused to the suspension, Rocket made them as a single part. Tailfin likewise, it only looks as if it was set up to work as airbrake. Dunno if they ever worked, fixing this is a big change and might take some time.

OK, I'm most likely going to miss the deadline. Turns out the wheels are fused to the suspension, Rocket made them as a single part. Tailfin likewise, it only looks as if it was set up to work as airbrake. Dunno if they ever worked, fixing this is a big change and might take some time.

How much will it be able to carry to a 100x100km orbit?

Just wait a few more days, the gear should soon be ready. It will also probably have an IVA and a tailfin like on BobCat's Buran. Eventually, it might also have a glass cockpit (using RasterProp monitors), FAR support and an RSS config. Maybe even a completely new, RC dependent parachute and a KSPI radiator lining the cargobay doors.

How much will it be able to carry to a 100x100km orbit?

About as much as BobCat's Buran, maybe a bit less. It's not going to drastically change from the current version. It'll fly much better thanks to new plugins, and orbital flight is going to be much less of a chore, but it's basic capabilities aren't going to change much.

Edited by Guest

Dragon01 and CluelessModeller, I have a question. Are you going to include an IVA in the next update? Because if you do, it'll probably cause a delay, and since many people (me included) are very eager to try this out, maybe you should just release without the IVA first. Of course, it's your decision whether to do IVA now or not.

My 1:1 scale 681 ton, space shuttle awaits liftoff. Partial rescale through Realism overhaul v3 and this 1:1 srb replica: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/49598-o-21-x-Space-Shuttle-Solid-Rocket-Booster-1-1-Replica

KSP_2014_01_14_19_20_33_306.jpg?w=AABK8JnQVMIoip2SYNK5DG3mrcr-OGpRqQ9ssePG8b67tA&_subject_uid=257035972

KSP_2014_01_14_19_55_41_004.jpg?w=AAB5UbNBzJ-lmvw5A0zQzeQqab0fY-GhYW74By9wHnJpSw&_subject_uid=257035972

EDIT: srb's can be fixed: In the part.cfg, increase the SolidFuel amount by 4.21x what it used to be.

Edited by pingopete

I just download this mod last night. And when I tried to load from save ships in sandbox mode, it shows contain locked or invalid parts.

I installed B9 already, and do i still miss some parts?

my version is 0.23

Please kindly give me a hand here.. Urgent request for help

I just download this mod last night. And when I tried to load from save ships in sandbox mode, it shows contain locked or invalid parts.

I installed B9 already, and do i still miss some parts?

my version is 0.23

Please kindly give me a hand here.. Urgent request for help

Locked as in "This part needs to be researched in the R&D lab"?

Or in "Missing buran manipulator"?

Eh, it turns out we're not going to get it out in January. It turns out it's much, much more broken than initially anticipated. I don't know when it'll be fixed, I had high hopes, but it just keeps getting worse. The wheels, it turned out, have been modeled fused to the suspension. There's no way they could've worked as-is, and fixing this is a long process. I hate postponing stuff, but here, we just keep running into roadblocks. Oh, and I've got exams now, so I'm not going to be too active in the next few weeks. At this rate, CSS might be out by the end of february, provided Squad doesn't mess up mods again with KSP 0.24.

Edited by Guest

Eh, it turns out we're not going to get it out in January. It turns out it's much, much more broken than initially anticipated. I don't know when it'll be fixed, I had high hopes, but it just keeps getting worse. The wheels, it turned out, have been modeled fused to the suspension. There's no way they could've worked as-is, and fixing this is a long process. I hate postponing stuff, but here, we just keep running into roadblocks. Oh, and I've got exams now, so I'm not going to be too active in the next few weeks. At this rate, CSS might be out by the end of february, provided Squad doesn't mess up mods again with KSP 0.24.

You should really stop saying when this might come out. You're just digging a bigger hole for yourself.

You should really stop saying when this might come out. You're just digging a bigger hole for yourself.

Well, the thing is, my previous estimate would've been good (it's pretty much all done, except for those gear), if it wasn't for a rather stupid way Rocket modeled those gears. Had the wheels been a separate object, the thing would've been working by now. It's about 80% done, I never expected those last 20% to prove so difficult.

Well, that, and our modeler/Unity guy just went to the Army. That's bad news for the Shuttle. So the post is now open, in case anyone wants to tackle those gear. I suddenly doubt this will be finished at all, with luck like that. Really, CSS is the KSP equivalent of DNF. Just when it seems it can finally get done, everything comes crashing down. Again. That said, there's progress, it's not enough of it.

Edited by Guest