Component Space Shuttle V 5.0.1 (July 14, 2013)

Cepheus

My apologies. I haven\'t worked on this project for awhile now, but I intend to get back on it very soon.

About the wings, Cepheus got them working, but that was before he left, so I don\'t have immediate access to them but from what it seems, a cfg edit was in order.

Using the craft file is the best bet until I get it working.

Nope, I haven\'t figured out what\'s going on with the wings. They\'re the only parts that won\'t attach though, so I\'d recommend just using the provided .craft file(s).

nodes need to be X,Y,Z,0,1,0 to work, any other number makes them 'fade' and not connect at all, so that means rotating the meshes in blender or whatever so the wing is flat (parallel to the green axis, with the top face pointing up same direction as the blue arrow) with the connecting face of each wing facing the origin (so if put together they match up)

Then with a 0,1,0 node they will connect in the right orientation.

Just a tip, in the second video, he seperated the ET upsidown. IRL you are pointing upwards and then realese the ET.

also, he should have turned the other way, not doing a full 270 degree turn.

just some tips ;)

Hey Cepheus! first of all thanks for this amazing STS pack.

I would love for you to expand upon this gem of a parts pack!

I would like to see: Cargo bay doors / Orbital engines instead of the main engines for ascent / Working RCS nose :) / intergrated landing wheels :P

I know it\'s a lot of work bud but i think you can do it!

Best of luck! ;D

if you add the possibility off open the body, it will be very good ;)

Sorry for my english i\'m french ;D

Cramtenahc

you mean add work cargo doors?

• 2 weeks later...

Why is it that there is an RCS fuel tank but no RCS thrusters ???.

they havent been modeled yet. but if you empty the tank it doesnt track as well on landing so its not worth using. the ccs moves quite well while in orbit anyway

the download doesnt work. i mean i can download it but when i go to move the files to my ksp folders i get a popup askin to move files without encryption? and if i choose yes (because theres no option for no) the files go into the folder but the parts/ship is not shown/available in the game and ksp loads very very slowly

Ok im a newb i did finally get it to work. my winrar itself was corrupt. However whoever said the shuttle doesnt glide/fly i have proved wrong. i put the stock movable landing gear wheels on it and it takes off like a plane and flies, goes into space and lands fine with me. of course i put a stock sas in the nose cone to help. thanks for this package!

Hey thanks for the mod but i was wondering if you could by chance make the fuselage open, such as remove the top where the doors would be and make it an open empty area with a connector inside of it for a part. Take the roof (2 doors) and split them into 2 parts with center connectors on the ship and the doors, then it would be possible to use Damned Robotics mod with its hinges to work the doors and put a moving claw inside of the fuselage that could come out of the ship do what ever then come back into the ship and close the doors back on top.

I think you guys might want to allow an attachment inside the bay. I tried attaching inside and its useless. I found how to attach a connecting strut to the top of the cockpit just to attach a decoupler and rover. works that way but looks weird with a rover ontop. other than that its awesome.

this pack is 15.2 compatible.

I\'m running 15.2, and I can\'t access the Main Engine Mount. It shows up in the Parts screen and will give a description, but I can\'t pull it into a stack. In the description is says, 'Not available for this version'. The odd thing is, it shows up in the pre-saved STS Stack, but the icon is a '?'.