Devnote Tuesdays: The "Notice My Bug Report, Senpai" Edition

SQUAD

A fuel tank and flag? Pfft. Clearly, it's a submarine, and a diving board. Water physics confirmed!

IFkmZ1t.png

Rofl, this community... ..sometimes...

*shakes head at ridiculousness*

At least we aren't serious... browsing conspiracy theorist boards can be an amusing tome

Lmao! This is hilarious. I think whoever said it might be a graveyard/memorial had a good idea. Think about it: they're making it officially possible to permanently kill off crew members (you could always do this with save editing but now it's an official in-game feature), and they are giving each kerbal a record of personal accomplishments. Something must happen to them after they die! And if you play well you won't know it's happened. This might be one of those "features of opportunity" that Harv likes so much.

"Attack run" is such a strong word. The plane is about to spread peace and harmony with pyrotechnic rocket demonstrations.

You mean like a Kerb Bear Stare?

So, while the ARM Squad continues its silent running towards the coordinates .25 / .26, the hunters are tracking decoys.

Rowsdower: "Noise maker released, Sir!"

I may be a bit late to the party (or just ingoring the current party), but my opinion on these devnotes is that they have a good balance between technical information, new features, even some pictures and sadly also the unavoidable "stuff we can't talk about yet".

I may be a bit late to the party (or just ingoring the current party), but my opinion on these devnotes is that they have a good balance between technical information, new features, even some pictures and sadly also the unavoidable "stuff we can't talk about yet".

We can talk about it. They seem to have taken a vow of silence.

[Looking at you, Dev Team :mad:]

Agreed. I've been pretty satisfied lately with the dev notes. They've definitely gotten more and more consistent since the days when dev notes would occasionally just be skipped completely. Squad has come a long way in the community relations department.

"Stuff SQUAD can't talk about yet" is fun. It keeps us guessing. And it also makes sure that the community won't over-hype, in case the feature ends up being scrubbed.

I actually slapped a plane together in order to attempt a screenshot from approximately this same angle. I got close, then started questioning what I was doing with my life.

Ha, same. Can't let myself get to that point.

In regards to the cemetery claim: when an astronaut dies, why would they be buried at the space centre? Wouldn't their families want to take the body? Even Arlington is in Washington, not Florida. They're not agency property. I'd be surprised if it was a cemetery.

That said, a fuel tank/flag/water tower or whatever makes the most sense so far given its size/shape/location. The launch pad already has fuel tanks, maybe it's just a static facelift to the runway.

That would be so anticlimactic, but yeah I suppose your right, it could be all decorative.

Has anyone thought that the secret feature is improved aerodynamics to go along with the revamped space plane parts? I mean it fits the description of "hilarious results" because we would slap these planes together only to find out they flip out and crash.

I don't know, just a thought.

Has anyone thought that the secret feature is improved aerodynamics to go along with the revamped space plane parts? I mean it fits the description of "hilarious results" because we would slap these planes together only to find out they flip out and crash.

I don't know, just a thought.

"Hasn't been attempted by a mod before"

Yeah, that really throws a lot of ideas out of the window.

Could it be legitimate weather? It might be pretty fun to slam your craft into the ground when the main fuel tank is struck by lightning.

But weather needs clouds and there are no clouds in the picture?

Yeah, that really throws a lot of ideas out of the window.

Could it be legitimate weather? It might be pretty fun to slam your craft into the ground when the main fuel tank is struck by lightning.

"Good players may never see it."

It's not any one thing that throws out a lot of ideas, it's the combination of them all. This is maddening. *Shakes fist at Maxmaps* You know he's enjoying this.

"Good players may never see it."

It's not any one thing that throws out a lot of ideas, it's the combination of them all. This is maddening. *Shakes fist at Maxmaps* You know he's enjoying this.

It HAS to be deformable terrain, because good players rarely crash?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.