[MOD REQUEST] Active Fuel Balancing

SmiteZero

Hello everyone. Do you like spaceplanes? Do you get annoyed by a shifting CoM as you fly? I do.

So anyway, I'm using the very excellent RCS Build Aid and TAC Fuel Balancer. Build Aid to align dry and wet CoM's in the hangar and TAC to of course try to maintain that during flight.

However.

I've found that just balancing all tanks is not enough to maintain the CoM and I still need to use TAC to manually push fuel around and feel for the right CoM. It's kind of messy.

My proposal is a fuel balancing mod that actively attempts to maintain a set CoM. If anyone is interested to code something like that I have more details to share. :)

Coming at it from the other direction, there are several thrust balancing mods out there that adjust your engines individually so your center of thrust stays lined up with your center of mass as the center of mass moves. (This requires multiple engines though.)

I personally use Davon Throttle Control, but there are several options out there.

I don't know of any mods that balance the fuel tanks so that the CoM stays lined up with the CoT.

D.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.