[1.8.x - 1.12.x] US Probes Pack - Old and New - 8-26-21

raidernick

• 3 weeks later...
Hello guys,

I'm a newbie in KSP, and I don't succeed in earning any experience with the probes. What are the conditions for the probes works? Is it an altitude? a range ? or only on Jool or planets like that? Do you have any manual?

Thanks in any case for this wonderful mod!

You can do anything with the probes. Of course there are orbiters and landers, but you can try to land an orbiter and it does not really matter which planet. In sandbox mode, probes don't really do anything, but in career mode, they produce science. Even though what does matter is fuel. I hope that clears things up.:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

After a 8 or so months of being away from the forums I decided to return. I had been hearing from people I stay in contact with that there was a lot of confusion regarding my mods and whether or not I am still maintaining them. Yes, I have been actively working on them, I never stopped. I simply moved to RO and github for my releases. I have been constantly updating and adding to the packs and came back to the forums now specifically to end the confusion once and for all.

Several things have changed with this pack since my absence. The first thing is I added the TDRS A-G satellite. I also added surveyor. I have been very active on this project and have many things in the works pending textures. I also added voyager, new horizons.

wchrhyB.png

hNARco8.png

hY4X87w.png

TFIaOqp.png

Edited by raidernick

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:24 AM, raidernick said:

After a 8 or so months of being away from the forums I decided to return. I had been hearing from people I stay in contact with that there was a lot of confusion regarding my mods and whether or not I am still maintaining them. Yes, I have been actively working on them, I never stopped. I simply moved to RO and github for my releases. I have been constantly updating and adding to the packs and came back to the forums now specifically to end the confusion once and for all.

Several things have changed with this pack since my absence. The first thing is I added the TDRS A-G satellite. I also added surveyor. I have been very active on this project and have many things in the works pending textures. I also added voyager, new horizons.

wchrhyB.png

hNARco8.png

hY4X87w.png

TFIaOqp.png

any chance you can make Juno?

22 minutes ago, Tristonwilson12 said:

any chance you can make Juno?

I actually have one I just haven't started working on it yet. I'm currently working on projects that are 100% my own. The juno model I have is from jpl and converting those models generally takes longer than just making them from scratch as they are made for 3d printing and not putting into a game so there is a lot of work that needs to be done to make it work. I'll get to it eventually.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The explorer 1 is actually part of FASA not my mod, however I am on the FASA dev team and it is something I can fix. For now though you can use the juno II sergeants that are included with my us rockets pack, those are modified FASA parts with fixed colliders and decouplers. They are slightly different sized but should still work.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

I noticed on the github that there is an "update" for 1.1 and was curious if you need help testing and if it would be okay to download and use?

That update is pending an alternative for reflection plugin which appears to be abandoned. It is almost ready but without that I can't update.

6 hours ago, raidernick said:

That update is pending an alternative for reflection plugin which appears to be abandoned. It is almost ready but without that I can't update.

Thank you for the reply - since I am not a modder , is the reflection a visual or a functional  mechanic?  I am curious as I would like to start a new 1.1 career and use the historical contracts and use your mod.  Again, thanks 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.