[1.8.x - 1.12.x] US Probes Pack - Old and New - 8-26-21

raidernick

Tested the NEAR probe and STARDUST and they worked! :D Its a good config ! I love it !

yes i know this is working with new config, if you do want test all probes then post here.

@raidernick i update my last post. #95

Edited by Viruzzz

yes i know this is working with new config, if you do want test all probes then post here.

@raidernick i update my last post. #95

If you have the Last CFG that he posted they all work like a charm, I have tested all of them.

EDIT- Viruzzz Be sure you have this file https://www./?97yducwjlcbi435

EDIT- And on your post #95 on the SAS not having power that is a Stock Bug.

EDIT-- LOL And on your post #95 your RT No Target used for RemoteTech thats because and pretty sure all that you listed are all Omni Range dishes you don't target them they hit all in range.

EDIT- VdVM6Dx.png Look at pic you see Omni Range 5.00Mm

Edited by Mecripp2

thanks for information MeCripp , now i know what is about with this "omni range" some in config are with 0 (dish range) so is working on launch pad and some with 5.00Mm or other number, and it's work only in space. *(max 5.00Mn or more depend by omni range)*. Start auto target if is in range with omni range for dish range can target what i do want.

It doesn't work for me as soon as I open any save the game just crashes

Yeah "It doesn't work" isn't going to get you help from anyone here on the forums, especially since it does work for everyone else. However, I'm just going to go out on a limb and say you are running out of memory, in which case remove some of your mods.

To make sure there is no confusion now that the parts work, The probes recieve whats called an "Intergrated Tech" omni antenna. Although the config will call for a specific probe to only list dish0/1 , it still has a generic omni . My question is, how in []code[/] does it acquire the Integrated Tech omni?

To make sure there is no confusion now that the parts work, The probes recieve whats called an "Intergrated Tech" omni antenna. Although the config will call for a specific probe to only list dish0/1 , it still has a generic omni . My question is, how in []code[/] does it acquire the Integrated Tech omni?

What ever you tryed to post didn't work.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE V0.30

-Added Tiros-1, Transit-2A, GRAB-1, Explorer-6 satellites

-Fixed scaling on EOS satellites aura, aqua and terra

-Added fairing for EOS satellites for use with Launchers Pack Delta II

-Various cfg tweaks

-COMPLETELY REMOVE OLD VERSION BEFORE INSTALLING THIS

jcli5Eo.png

jEpqzCV.png

liAouCm.png

Edited by raidernick

• 4 weeks later...

I love the look and quality of this pack, but sadly have not been able to use it as my game crashes when I load a craft file or select one of the prob parts in the VAB. :( I suspect it's the sheer weight of memory use as I use FASA and the LAuncher pack (with Delta II in) alongside. Normally I'd use ATM but on this setup it seems to die during the KSP loading screen. I dunno what to do, I'mn not using uch else as far as memory load goes aside these three?

Well Stock + US Probes + Delta II only works fine, I guess it's just blowing up on lack of RAM :\

Edited by MDBenson

I love the look and quality of this pack, but sadly have not been able to use it as my game crashes when I load a craft file or select one of the prob parts in the VAB. :( I suspect it's the sheer weight of memory use as I use FASA and the LAuncher pack (with Delta II in) alongside. Normally I'd use ATM but on this setup it seems to die during the KSP loading screen. I dunno what to do, I'mn not using uch else as far as memory load goes aside these three?

Try getting Active Texture Management

Try getting Active Texture Management

Yeah, reading helps.:sticktongue: He wrote that his game crashes or "seems to die" during loading, with ATM installed.

OK, so MDBenson, how many gigabite RAM do you have? And you are using 0.90 32-bit right? Maybe you should try the DDS-Loader, and/or the open-gl trick. First I'd recommend DDS Loader (and Converter), this should spare some RAM already.

Yeah, reading helps.:sticktongue: He wrote that his game crashes or "seems to die" during loading, with ATM installed.

OK, so MDBenson, how many gigabite RAM do you have? And you are using 0.90 32-bit right? Maybe you should try the DDS-Loader, and/or the open-gl trick. First I'd recommend DDS Loader (and Converter), this should spare some RAM already.

lol, another one in the books of not reading thoroughly enough.

Hm... well I looked into it further and I don't think it's a memory issue. I stripped down everything I could until I was only using about 2.8GB of memory in the game (according to Graphic Memory Monitor) and the crash still occurs when I load the Galileo craft file. It's not CtD either, it's locking KSP up hard with a rotating timer cursor, like the game stopped responding, and the memory load was *different* every time from 3.5GB, 3.25GB down to 2.9GB. So it must be a conflict.

I rolled a stock install fresh and ONLY installed US Probes, Launchers Pack (Delta II only) and FASA. No other mods. IT works fine.

Hello guys,

I'm a newbie in KSP, and I don't succeed in earning any experience with the probes. What are the conditions for the probes works? Is it an altitude? a range ? or only on Jool or planets like that? Do you have any manual?

Thanks in any case for this wonderful mod!

Hello guys,

I'm a newbie in KSP, and I don't succeed in earning any experience with the probes. What are the conditions for the probes works? Is it an altitude? a range ? or only on Jool or planets like that? Do you have any manual?

Thanks in any case for this wonderful mod!

Still no ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Would it be possible to have a download with just the solar panels? I swear, they are best damn panels I've ever seen made for this game, seriously, they blow me away! I also wouldn't mind just a pack with the dishes as well, but I don't want to get to greedy ;)

Another thing that could be done is labeling the crafts in the imgur album so we can find which crafts are in what directory. That would make my previous requests disappear because I could find them myself without sifting through the many parts this mod adds.

If you did either of these or both, I'd be extremely grateful. Also, if you haven't noticed by this post already, I think this pack's parts are absolutely gorgeous! Keep up the fantastic work!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.