[1.8.x - 1.12.x] US Probes Pack - Old and New - 8-26-21

raidernick

2 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

There are some known issues that plague some mods and it is even more noticeable when they are used together:

• RemoteTech has problems with transmitting the science if multiple antennae are on - board (data is transmitted correctly but the actual science points are not registered).
  • KSP still has hard - coded references. For the R&D center this means that Kopernicus & the RSS name requirements may not play well with it (as you and many other players have found).

Combine the above two now. Someone will think that because the R&D center does not visually display the bodies correctly (if you don't use RT then the science points are registered every time) then the problem must be with the means that science is collected (from simple science instruments to complete probes - like here). But it is not an issue with the parts (RaiderNick literary just copies the stock science experiments) but with the means of collecting it (RemoteTech). As an example, the YouTuber Tyler Raiz has been hit multiple times from this bug and he does not use any of the US Probes.

The case of MJ cannot be pinpointed just with "words", a log file is necessary (the Module Manager patches might not be applying correctly for some reason and so the probes will not indicate any Δv).

EditL i just tested every single one of the probes. All of them correctly showed the available Δv (if applicable) and none had any issue bringing up the MJ UI.

Thanks for these explanations.

However, if these two issues are unrelated, why does this R&D bug happen after my probe fails to transmit science?

@yaumei do not think that it happens after the transmittion failure. IIRC if you boot KSP and go straight into the R&D building then the bodies will be listed correctly but only if you do so. If you change a scene (not necessary to actually fly a craft, just go into the VAB and then get immediately back to the Space Center) and try again the bodies will be the stock ones.

To recap:

• Boot KSP --> R&D Building --> Bodies OK
  • Boot KSP --> Random Scene --> R&D Building --> Bodies BAD

Since you had to collect the science first then you had to also change the scene (go to the Tracking Station, fly a craft and return to the Space Center), triggering the "bug". In fact, it will be impossible to collect the science first AND have the correct bodies.

@Phineas Freak thank you for helping people on this. I do not support RT or career mode and ignore requests for that because of the number of problems RT causes with mods. For anyone else, I am not responsible for problems these mods cause with my parts. My parts are just that, basic parts with stock ksp partmodules on it. If they don't work with these mods installed it's not my responsibility to fix it and to be honest I don't give a crap if it doesn't work with them. If you want it to work, YOU need to make a support mm patch for the files, don't bother me about it, and if RT is broken complain to THAT mod author about it, not me.

Edited by raidernick

• 2 weeks later...

@raidernick

I guess you might already know this, since you have a disclaimer about Ckan causing problems and possibly pulling your mods off there, but this mod and your soviet probes back are no longer available there.  Anyway, posting just in case you didn't.

4 hours ago, Maxsimal said:

@raidernick

I guess you might already know this, since you have a disclaimer about Ckan causing problems and possibly pulling your mods off there, but this mod and your soviet probes back are no longer available there.  Anyway, posting just in case you didn't.

that's not my fault or my problem, the reason for that is because texture replacer is a dependency and that doesn't have updated metadata on ckan so anything that requires it won't show up so you need to tell texture replacer thread about that.

Edited by raidernick

Just now, raidernick said:

that's not my fault or my problem, the reason for that is because texture replacer is a dependency and that doesn't have updated metadata on ckan so anything that requires it won't show up so you need to tell texture replacer thread about that.

Will do.  It's just weird that it doesn't even show up when you show 'all' instead of just compatible.  You'd think it'd still show up then.

26 minutes ago, Maxsimal said:

Will do.  It's just weird that it doesn't even show up when you show 'all' instead of just compatible.  You'd think it'd still show up then.

i made a pr to fix the metadata for TR and bdanim

Edited by raidernick

13 hours ago, Maxsimal said:

It's fixed now everything should show up again

Hi RN,

Just launched the first TDRS out of the Mike-NZ Challenger bay earlier, extremely cool stuff here man. Will work great for my RemoteTech install :)

Just a curious thing, it seems that the TDRS A-G sat's solar panels/battery aren't functioning properly, because I can't control the craft at all unless I have Infinite Electricity on, even with the panels deployed and saying that energy is flowing. Maybe I did something wrong?

Anyways, amazing stuff and have a screenshot

44AVsC4.png

Edited by chris341

1 hour ago, chris341 said:

Hi RN,

Just launched the first TDRS out of the Mike-NZ Challenger bay earlier, extremely cool stuff here man. Will work great for my RemoteTech install :)

Just a curious thing, it seems that the TDRS A-G sat's solar panels/battery aren't functioning properly, because I can't control the craft at all unless I have Infinite Electricity on, even with the panels deployed and saying that energy is flowing. Maybe I did something wrong?

Anyways, amazing stuff and have a screenshot

I don't support remotetech installs or ckan installs(which I suspect you used), simply because they both cause too many bugs sorry. This is not an issue with the part but one of those 2 things.

1 hour ago, raidernick said:

I don't support remotetech installs or ckan installs(which I suspect you used), simply because they both cause too many bugs sorry. This is not an issue with the part but one of those 2 things.

Well see, the thing is, I didn't use CKAN and I haven't yet installed RemoteTech (still reading up on it)... :( 

2 hours ago, chris341 said:

Well see, the thing is, I didn't use CKAN and I haven't yet installed RemoteTech (still reading up on it)... :( 

then i've never seen this bug sorry. The only electric/solar panel related bug I've seen is that sometimes the solar panels block themselves from working. You just wiggle the probe a bit and it fixes itself if that happens. For your bug, I have no idea.

If it doesn't happen on a 100% stock game with JUST my mod installed and nothing else, then I can't help you.

Edited by raidernick

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some of my probex (including voyager) have antennas that snap under high dynamic pressure. But for some reason this pressure limit is very low causing the antenna to snap creating an invisible part that glitches out the rocket. I don't want to remove remote tech or us probes is there a fix or a way to turn this off?

Edited by Larste

On 8/29/2016 at 0:26 AM, Larste said:

Some of my probex (including voyager) have antennas that snap under high dynamic pressure. But for some reason this pressure limit is very low causing the antenna to snap creating an invisible part that glitches out the rocket. I don't want to remove remote tech or us probes is there a fix or a way to turn this off?

yeah look in the cfg and get rid of the maxQ setting should look like  MaxQ = 6000 or something along those lines. remember none of the pretty antennas on these are really antennas from remotech point of view only ones that you stick on afterwards. i just pick a really small ones change the config to make it perform like what the model looks like and call it a day.  

the 

4 hours ago, COL.R.Neville said:

yeah look in the cfg and get rid of the maxQ setting should look like  MaxQ = 6000 or something along those lines. remember none of the pretty antennas on these are really antennas from remotech point of view only ones that you stick on afterwards. i just pick a really small ones change the config to make it perform like what the model looks like and call it a day.  

Is it the prob config for that prob or remote tech config? Btw I have Ro/rss installed so I can't use the cfg you guys provide.

Edited by Larste

the antennas that you would put on the probe for remotetech should already be configured. the probe itself is just a model a really good one but just for looks. you have to add another antenna from remotech to it to make it work. and the config for remotetech is usually what has the maxq setting in it. 

Edited by COL.R.Neville

3 hours ago, COL.R.Neville said:

the antennas that you would put on the probe for remotetech should already be configured. the probe itself is just a model a really good one but just for looks. you have to add another antenna from remotech to it to make it work. and the config for remotetech is usually what has the maxq setting in it. 

Acually the prob it's self has an antenna in relisum overhaul example: Voyager omni rage 500km/500Mm dish rang 1000Gm

3 hours ago, COL.R.Neville said:

this is so wrong I'm not even going to....

2 minutes ago, Larste said:

Acually the prob it's self has an antenna in relisum overhaul example: Voyager omni rage 500km/500Mm dish rang 1000Gm

Update to the latest realism overhaul just released and the issue is fixed. I already told you this...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.