[1.8.x - 1.12.x] US Probes Pack - Old and New - 8-26-21

raidernick

1 hour ago, Marcelo Silveira said:

I recommend either removing the RT default patch or adding a FINAL check in it

Without RT default settings config file KSP doesn't want to start. Sorry for being dumb - what is FINAL check?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, gedro7000 said:

Everytime I try to load the mod it crashes in the loading screen ?

Most crashes on the loading screen are from using a version mismatched mod. Are you in KSP 1.3 using the 1.3 version of the mod and 2.8.1 of Module Manager? Only way to do much problem solving past those basic things is a picture of your GameData folder and the log from when you try to boot the game up.

Hi @raidernick,

Sorry, but I've had to snip out the download link from your mod, due to missing source code.  The add-on posting rules require that,

4. Source code

• All plugins that are made available on the services maintained by Squad that serve the KSP Community must have their source code be made publicly available. This can be achieved by posting it on a public code repository and linking this repository in every location you offer the plugin for download. Including the source code in the download file itself instead of hosting it on a public code repository also satisfies this requirement.

...your module contains several DLLs (including one that I assume is yours, called RNmodules.dll), but there's no source code there.  Your "source code" link on your github page doesn't appear to contain actual source code; it's just binary copies of the DLL.

Please feel free to restore the download link once you've satisfied either of the following conditions:

1. You've got the actual source code or a link to it, both in the OP of this thread and in the github repository (and anywhere else you host or link to the mod), or
  2. you include the actual source code in the download that people get when they install the mod.

(Most modders go with #1.)

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding.

RELEASE v0.67 for KSP 1.2.2, 1.3.x

Changelog:

• Revert release for ksp 1.3 and remove plugins from install, plugins are obtained separately now from dropbox links on forum page or readme here

https://github.com/KSP-RO/USProbesPack/releases/tag/v0.67

Removed the 1.3 releases due to bugs in plugins causing crashes. Dependencies have been removed from all of my mods now. You now download them as a separate package. These links are listed in the OP or below.

Dependencies_KSP_v1.2.x OR Dependencies_KSP_v1.3.x

CURRENTLY THIS MOD IS BROKEN ON CKAN FOR KSP 1.3 INSTALLS! IF YOU INSTALL IT ON A KSP 1.3 GAME IT WILL CRASH THE GAME ON LOAD! PLEASE INSTALL IT MANUALLY UNTIL THIS CAN BE FIXED!

Edited by raidernick

RELEASE v0.68 for KSP 1.2.2, 1.3.x

Changelog:

• Update to trick ckan into installing the correct version, currently it's installing a broken version for ksp 1.3. This is identical to the previous release but with version incremented to fix ckan.

https://github.com/KSP-RO/USProbesPack/releases/tag/v0.68

Removed the 1.3 releases due to bugs in plugins causing crashes. Dependencies have been removed from all of my mods now. You now download them as a separate package. These links are listed in the OP or below.

Dependencies_KSP_v1.2.x OR Dependencies_KSP_v1.3.x

I think that stock remote tech file has an error. It gives Surveyor landers dish antenna with 300 GM range and dish angle of 0.01 degrees. Since Surveyors were used for Moon missions this is a bit overkill (and that dish antenna cone needs micromanaging).

On 18.7.2017 at 7:01 PM, Krakatoa said:

Most crashes on the loading screen are from using a version mismatched mod. Are you in KSP 1.3 using the 1.3 version of the mod and 2.8.1 of Module Manager? Only way to do much problem solving past those basic things is a picture of your GameData folder and the log from when you try to boot the game up.

I am using 1.2.2 and it still crashes. This is the output.log: https://ufile.io/gf6ni   and this is my gamedata folder: 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are there any plans to add science experiments to this mod or the Russian probes pack because I like this mod and I am using it in a RO career mode and some missions like Cassini I like to recreate but I wont have the normal real life Delta V because I part clipped a ton of D magic and stock science experiments to match the full instrumentation aboard the Spacecraft but that adds more mass and prevents these spacecraft from being useful in career mode.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.