[1.8.x - 1.12.x] US Probes Pack - Old and New - 8-26-21

raidernick

1 hour ago, Cheesecake said:

There must be a problem with another mod because, in your pics there is only a electric charge of 0.40 - 0.44 but Aqua has originally a charge of 500. Also: what stands the Megajoules for? Which Mods do you have installed?

I was wondering why the electric charge was so little. Clearly it was caused by the interstellar stuff. I've deleted the mods and problem solved. Thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I'm having a serious problem.  I just installed this (having used it off and on for years) and am trying to launch the Transit / Grab stack.  In the VAB, they stack just fine, however, when I go to launch, the Transit probe just decides to GTFO and fall off its connection.  I've tried using autostruts, I've used actual struts, but no matter what, every time I go to launch, the probe just disconnects and either falls within the fairing, or occasionally, it jumps out of it and goes spinning off on the ground next to the pad.

I've been using this save for a while (I'm about 2.5 years in) and haven't had this happen to any other probe or vessel.

My main mods are KCT, BlueDog Design Bureau, MechJeb, Tweakscale, and a bunch of smaller mods, but nothing I would think that would cause this problem.  I've tried attaching the stack to 100% otherwise stock launchers and the BDB Thor-Ablestar launcher with various payload fairings and it happens every time.  There is no case where it doesn't happen.'

Any ideas?

On 6/7/2020 at 12:35 AM, CAPFlyer said:

Okay, I'm having a serious problem.  I just installed this (having used it off and on for years) and am trying to launch the Transit / Grab stack.  In the VAB, they stack just fine, however, when I go to launch, the Transit probe just decides to GTFO and fall off its connection.  I've tried using autostruts, I've used actual struts, but no matter what, every time I go to launch, the probe just disconnects and either falls within the fairing, or occasionally, it jumps out of it and goes spinning off on the ground next to the pad.

I've been using this save for a while (I'm about 2.5 years in) and haven't had this happen to any other probe or vessel.

My main mods are KCT, BlueDog Design Bureau, MechJeb, Tweakscale, and a bunch of smaller mods, but nothing I would think that would cause this problem.  I've tried attaching the stack to 100% otherwise stock launchers and the BDB Thor-Ablestar launcher with various payload fairings and it happens every time.  There is no case where it doesn't happen.'

Any ideas?

Same Exact problem here. Happens with any probe from this mod. Any way to fix that?

On 6/7/2020 at 12:35 AM, CAPFlyer said:

Any ideas?

Interestingly enough, this sounds exactly like the issue some people are getting with my Crew Dragon addon. Maybe there is a connection here @raidernick ?

• 1 month later...

The Pioneer 5 probe only has analyse telemetry as a scientific experiment however I think there should be more than one like a Giger counter and some other experiments. (see

amongst other examples). I wonder if anyone has a fix for this. I feel like its a dependency issue that I've gotten wrong although I have installed the 1.8.1 dependencys.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/14/2021 at 1:23 PM, Brainpop14 said:

Someone needs to test it for 1.12

all of my mods were separated from plugins long ago and are just part files now and will work in any ksp version. I have just been bumping the version files over time to keep it updated on ckan even when nothing in the mod changed, but I really don't care to do that anymore so I may or may not do it again. The mods still work fine, though you could have tested it yourself...

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE v0.79

Changelog:

• Fix RCS sound bug
  • Organize & Fix up Scansat MM Cfg patch added missing modules to realsolarsystem
  • Change Module Manager Patch Order
  • Add KH9 satellite and related parts

Required Dependencies below:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/USProbesPack/releases/tag/v0.79

gHaQE88.png

HfJkRf3.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

Which Atlas-Centaur do you mean beacuse there is no Atlas in raidernicks US-Rockets pack.

spare parts from Atlas-Centaur are available in FASA.maybe someone has an assembled craft?

Edited by serg1983

I don't officially provide support for FASA parts and my parts to work together, so I don't provide craft files to use them in such a manner. The only mod I can certify for sure to work in conjunction with my parts is @Kartoffelkuchen's Delta pack and my thor parts. With his help we were able to bridge the gap between our two mods and they are 100% compatible with each other and even share parts between the two packs for the entire thor/delta line. For all other mods I provide no support or guarantee of any kind that they will work sorry.

Edited by raidernick

UPDATE v0.80

Changelog:

• Fix vanguard 1 probe scale

Required Dependencies below:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/USProbesPack/releases/tag/v0.80

Hello, and thank you for keeping this awesome mod up to date, and for making the install so simple. I installed this on 1.11.2 and had fun exploring all the parts. I had a couple questions:

1. For the parts that have built-in fuel/engines, is there any sort of expected scale for the player's solar system? Historical probes seem tricky in this department, because I assume you're trying to match the basic mission capabilities the probe, but how that scales to KSP seems to be a matter of opinion. Do you have an overall approach for these parts? I noticed Surveyor has a whopping 3800m/s, even without the SRM, and Juno has 661.
  2. TexturesUnlimited is definitely doing its thing while I'm in the VAB, but does nothing in the flight scene - the textures are non-reflective and look the same as when TU is not installed. I haven't tried debugging this yet but are there any known mod incompatibilities? I have all the usual suspects like scatterer and tufx. This mod is my first to require TU so I don't know how it does on any other parts.
  3. If I needed to prune a couple parts, is it generally safe to prune at the folder level? (I realize some folders have multiple parts).

Thanks again for this mod. I learned some stuff about IUS/Shuttle missions just from investigating each of the missions these probes executed (or attempted)!

On 8/30/2021 at 3:48 PM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Hello, and thank you for keeping this awesome mod up to date, and for making the install so simple. I installed this on 1.11.2 and had fun exploring all the parts. I had a couple questions:

1. For the parts that have built-in fuel/engines, is there any sort of expected scale for the player's solar system? Historical probes seem tricky in this department, because I assume you're trying to match the basic mission capabilities the probe, but how that scales to KSP seems to be a matter of opinion. Do you have an overall approach for these parts? I noticed Surveyor has a whopping 3800m/s, even without the SRM, and Juno has 661.
  2. TexturesUnlimited is definitely doing its thing while I'm in the VAB, but does nothing in the flight scene - the textures are non-reflective and look the same as when TU is not installed. I haven't tried debugging this yet but are there any known mod incompatibilities? I have all the usual suspects like scatterer and tufx. This mod is my first to require TU so I don't know how it does on any other parts.
  3. If I needed to prune a couple parts, is it generally safe to prune at the folder level? (I realize some folders have multiple parts).

Thanks again for this mod. I learned some stuff about IUS/Shuttle missions just from investigating each of the missions these probes executed (or attempted)!

There is basically no support for stock. I only guarantee that the parts will load, but they will not be balanced. If you want to use my stuff, you are pretty much required to use RSS/RO.

For textures unlimited you didn't follow the install instructions for that mod specifically. You need to enable reflections in the KSP graphics settings menu also or they won't show up in flight. If you need help doing that ask in the textures unlimited thread as I don't provide support for someone else's mod here.

You can delete whole folders pretty safely. You cannot however, easily delete individual parts within folders, as all parts in a common folder share textures and if you remove some it will break the other parts.

• 9 months later...

If you've read my message, and hadn't seen my RCA Satcom series message, I suggest you add all RCA Astro-built geosynchronous satellite buses to the U.S Probes Pack instead. Here's what I was talking about (for Mars Observer).

First, the TIROS/DMSP-based science instruments (which also includes the booms) will be replaced with a giant satellite dish (similar to all RCA Astro/GE AstroSpace manufactured satellites from the 80s/90s).

Second, the one solar panel would be removed, to be replaced with two solar panels.

And lastly, there would be a perfect, cylindrical hole to mount the Star 37 apogee motor.

Here's some footage from an SES Astra promo video, if you've not already seen it in my messages.

Construction of an RCA Astro-constructed satellite begins at the 4:20-4:50 timestamps.  Launch of an RCA Astro-constructed satellite begins at the 0:04-1:02 timestamps..

Edited by GroupJW

• 1 month later...

Hey Raidernick!  Long time lover of your probes and russian spacecraft packs...  Question: do you still take requests?  because I was wondering if you would consider making a few satellites which were launched (or repaired) by the space shuttle, like Solar Max, Hubble Space Telescope, Palapa, Weststar, Etc.?  I absolutely love your TDRS satellites in this!

On 8/22/2021 at 5:53 AM, serg1983 said:

spare parts from Atlas-Centaur are available in FASA.maybe someone has an assembled craft?

with some modifications to the part files on your part, Blue dog might have identical parts to what you need.

On 8/7/2022 at 9:57 PM, Sampa said:

Hey Raidernick!  Long time lover of your probes and russian spacecraft packs...  Question: do you still take requests?  because I was wondering if you would consider making a few satellites which were launched (or repaired) by the space shuttle, like Solar Max, Hubble Space Telescope, Palapa, Weststar, Etc.?  I absolutely love your TDRS satellites in this!

with some modifications to the part files on your part, Blue dog might have identical parts to what you need.

No I don't take requests, my mods are basically on "support only" at this point, not sure i'll be adding anything new anytime soon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.