[1.8.x - 1.12.x] US Probes Pack - Old and New - 8-26-21

raidernick

21 minutes ago, serg1983 said:

tried to repeat Juno's mission to Jupiter . but it is impossible to make a gravitational maneuver near the earth, thereby increasing the speed .how do expect to fly to Jupiter in terms of rss/ro , with the creation of Juno

What does your ability to fly a rocket or set up maneuvers have to do with my mod at all? I just provide the probe model file with the IRL config values, it's not my responsibility to make sure you can set up the maneuvers or fly it correctly...

12 минут назад Райдерник сказал:

Какое отношение к моему моду имеет ваша способность управлять ракетой или настраивать маневры? Я просто предоставляю файл модели зонда со значениями конфигурации IRL, и я не обязан убедиться, что вы можете настроить маневры или правильно управлять им ...

но точно так же есть Юнона, в реальной жизни она совершила гравитационный маневр у Земли, в КСП такой маневр действительно делают? или необходимо построить орбиту по прямой линии от Земли до Юпитера

Edited by serg1983

58 minutes ago, RaceToTheMun said:

Can you please update this mod to 1.5.1 or 1.6. It looks amazing!

Can you please wait until raidernick do it himself? We don`t ask for updates in this forum. 1.6 is out since only a few days and the modders need some time.

Also: this mod is working in 1.5.x fine because it is only a partmod. So it should work in 1.6.x too.

Hey Raidernick! Love your mods, but I am experiencing an issue where some textures (I think it's the metallic gold) are all showing up as black. I have current versions of all of your dependencies you list I think, so I'm not sure what my issue is. Wondering if you have any thoughts?

Thanks!

Edit: After some testing, it appears it's the dependency on an older version of Textures Unlimited. If I install the one from your DropBox, they work fine but SSTU does not. If I just need to wait until an update or if I'm missing something, just let me know! I am running -force-Opengl

Edit 2: Came down to the TexturesUnlimited.dll. Unfortunately, using a the older version breaks SSTU models a lot more than the new version breaks US Probes mod. Thank you for any time you spend upgrading!

Edited by Apitoxin
More information

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi! I got a problem. 

Allmost every probe, both US, and Soviet, is black. No color at all. 

This is Sputnik. Apollo command module, from FASA is the same. Does anyone know why this is happening?
FASA was not an issue until i installed US, and Soviet probe packs.
xGZCDPu.jpg

Edit : When i delete Texture Unlimited, the colours are there, but no shiny parts. So i gues its Textures unlimited that are doing something awefull to your parts. Using the older version in your dependenci pack makes them shiny, but the icons are blue.

Edited by Aremos
New info

• 2 months later...

UPDATE v0.72

Changelog:

• Update for KSP 1.6.x/1.7.x
  • Fix pioneer 6 texture
  • Fix mm errors with TR config
  • Fix galileo and cassini chutes
  • Fix reflections
  • Fix tdrs ag description
  • Add gimbal to ius
  • Fix solar panel tracking for ksp 1.7

Required Dependencies below:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/USProbesPack/releases/tag/v0.72

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/14/2019 at 8:26 PM, raidernick said:

UPDATE v0.74

Changelog:

• Rescale ladee to correct size

[...]

Is there a known issue with solar panels/EC on the ladee? When in VAB i see 500 EC, when launched it has only 0.15 and panels are not generating any output.  
Thx

22 minutes ago, Insanity_BK said:

Hey @raidernick
The relay satellites cant deploy solar panels cause they are "stowed" even though there are no fairings around them. Why?

well considering that i've never seen that ever before and I don't have the problem in my game, I can't help you. You probably have some other mod installed that's causing that to happen.

• 2 months later...
23 hours ago, Pikastan said:

After updating to 1.8 I am now unable to extend antennas on any of the probes. Solar panels work fine and every other part works just fine but for some reason the button to extend antennas simply isn't there. Are there any known solutions?  Here's what it looks like.

Maybe because no plugins from before 1.8 will work in 1.8? Does the mod say it's been updated to 1.8 yet in the title?

• 1 month later...

Hi @raidernick,

thanks for the great mod. Unfortunately I've got some problems with that playing KSP 1.7.3 in RSS / RP1 / RO config using KSPIE 1.25.2.

The probe cores all fall off or are not really attached to other parts when you attach them to the "correct" side. If you put them on the bottom of i.e. a tank they are connected well. Please see the screenshot.

I tested a long time with a more minimalistic installation than I currently play to reproduce that bug. As soon as KSPIE is installed, that bug appears. Since other probe cores are still working fine, I wasn't sure to report this bug here or at @FreeThinker's KSPIE-thread.

https://imgur.com/a/sFUWGvf

Logs and MM cache: CoreFellOff.zip

Kind regards

Patsch

Edited by ThePatsch78
Using the current KSPIE master branch (05. Jan. 2020) seems to be fixing the problem. Thx!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

UPDATE v0.78

HOTFIX Changelog:

• Fix broken reflections on Surveyor lander

Changelog:

• Fix LRO texture and reflection
  • Hide deprecated parts
  • Fix ius normals
  • Add mars observer spacecraft
  • Add part tags
  • Fix sas level of cores
  • Fix control point of probes
  • Separate tdrs/surveyor rcs
  • Fix new horizons textures
  • Fix various part descriptions

Required Dependencies below:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/USProbesPack/releases/tag/v0.78

utbGgeT.png

Edited by raidernick

• 1 month later...

The probes(so far for Aqua, Aura, Terra, TDRS H-N) will occasionally lost control in orbit with a 'not enough electric charge' message. The solar panel and antenna are fully deployed.

I've discovered that when the sun exposure is more than a certain number between 0.93-0.95 the probe will say not enough electric charge until the number drops below 0.93-0.95. 

JPSFwfa.jpg

GQMl1EZ.jpg

2eh3XkZ.jpg

rKz4GwE.jpg

1 hour ago, henrylzy said:

The probes(so far for Aqua, Aura, Terra, TDRS H-N) will occasionally lost control in orbit with a 'not enough electric charge' message. The solar panel and antenna are fully deployed.

I've discovered that when the sun exposure is more than a certain number between 0.93-0.95 the probe will say not enough electric charge until the number drops below 0.93-0.95.

There must be a problem with another mod because, in your pics there is only a electric charge of 0.40 - 0.44 but Aqua has originally a charge of 500. Also: what stands the Megajoules for? Which Mods do you have installed?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.