[1.8.x - 1.12.x] US Probes Pack - Old and New - 8-26-21

raidernick

@MeCripp, I don't have RT installed, and I am not sure how that would help me force the Explorer 6 probe to open only 3 solar panels instead of all 4. I'll need a little more advice how to make that do what I need. The animation is built into the MU file. The current CFG contains one FSanimateGeneric to initiate the "Deploy" animation. There is only one module, not 4 modules, or else I could have done this myself by disabling one. Installing RT doesn't seem like it should help anything. I think the Deploy anim would need to have one panel unlinked, and that requires an MU edit.

*EDIT* Ohhh checking raider. We were typing sat the same time.

@MeCripp, I don't have RT installed, and I am not sure how that would help me force the Explorer 6 probe to open only 3 solar panels instead of all 4. I'll need a little more advice how to make that do what I need. The animation is built into the MU file. The current CFG contains one FSanimateGeneric to initiate the "Deploy" animation. There is only one module, not 4 modules, or else I could have done this myself by disabling one. Installing RT doesn't seem like it should help anything. I think the Deploy anim would need to have one panel unlinked, and that requires an MU edit.

*EDIT* Ohhh checking raider. We were typing sat the same time.

O dam miss read that big time lol sorry.

EDIT- Was reading Viruzzz post and replied to you my bad.

Edited by Mecripp2

Already know about the errors and they've already been fixed for the next release.

It's nothing gamebreaking now though, if you want to get rid of them yourself just replace those % symbols with @ symbols.

I had the same problem too! And it said 6 errors also. Do you have a new MM config? Also this bad config breaks staging and action groups on the probes.

edit: your newest release 29.5.1 and its MM config is still corrupt . I lose all control in staging, action groups, RCS, and the purple staging light stays purple. The remote tech icons if toggled to show a connection shows pseudo connections as the true remote tech mechanics are not kicking in due to the faulty config. Basically the GUI says I have a connection, but I dont really have one. Even the green calculator icon by MET is showing. All seems to point to a bad MMconfig. The only thing that works is right-click menus on parts to activate engine or throttle controls, arrows work. But I need full control and Remote Tech support to work. I hope there is a fix soon. This is a game breaking issue as I have mass dependency on rovers getting to Duna. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase help us! :D

Edited by lextacy
new config is also corrupt

UPDATE V0.29.6

-Added Vanguard 2 and 3 satellites

-Fixed broken module manager config for remote tech, YOU MUST DELETE THE OLD ONE EVEN IF YOU DON'T HAVE REMOTETECH!

-Updated battery values for all probes

-Updated craft files

YOU MUST REPLACE THE OLD MODULE MANAGER CONFIGS EVEN IF YOU DON'T HAVE REMOTETECH!

pulW14I.png

dXyKoGy.png

- - - Updated - - -

I had the same problem too! And it said 6 errors also. Do you have a new MM config? Also this bad config breaks staging and action groups on the probes.

edit: your newest release 29.5.1 and its MM config is still corrupt . I lose all control in staging, action groups, RCS, and the purple staging light stays purple. The remote tech icons if toggled to show a connection shows pseudo connections as the true remote tech mechanics are not kicking in due to the faulty config. Basically the GUI says I have a connection, but I dont really have one. Even the green calculator icon by MET is showing. All seems to point to a bad MMconfig. The only thing that works is right-click menus on parts to activate engine or throttle controls, arrows work. But I need full control and Remote Tech support to work. I hope there is a fix soon. This is a game breaking issue as I have mass dependency on rovers getting to Duna. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase help us! :D

The "newest" config was not also corrupt, the only one with a problem was in the 0.29.5.1 version. I had an alternate download up to fix it but I just released 0.29.6 with new probes and a fixed config so that's a non issue now.

Edited by raidernick

the RCS and SAS still is not working, i send one rocket with eos Aura after i am on orbit and decouple fregate the satellite can't be controlled, i can't use to position correctly (to using SAS and RCS it's remain grey and not green.)

PS. i tested all, on launch pad and i have same problem, and for other probes is working good (from lionhead). i play on sandbox.

what i can do to fix manually this 'error' or any ideas?

thx

the RCS and SAS still is not working, i send one rocket with eos Aura after i am on orbit and decouple fregate the satellite can't be controlled, i can't use to position correctly (to using SAS and RCS it's remain grey and not green.)

PS. i tested all, on launch pad and i have same problem, and for other probes is working good (from lionhead). i play on sandbox.

what i can do to fix manually this 'error' or any ideas?

thx

Considering I am not having any problems with the probes installed in a stock game and I can't help you at all with the information you are giving me....I'm sorry to say I can't help you at all. I'm not even sure I understand exactly what the problem is you are having.

Considering I am not having any problems with the probes installed in a stock game and I can't help you at all with the information you are giving me....I'm sorry to say I can't help you at all. I'm not even sure I understand exactly what the problem is you are having.

OK. to be clear

So, the probes should have RCS and SAS if i press R and T keys? on my game i not have this. i can't activate it or use it and the probes stay in orbit without any control.

OK. to be clear

So, the probes should have RCS and SAS if i press R and T keys? on my game i not have this. i can't activate it or use it and the probes stay in orbit without any control.

I can vouch for the same problem, I also have no action group control, RCS, Spacebar, and SAS control . Now I think the problem lies in the parts files rather than the MM config. The parts are ignoring certain modules that are tied to the remote tech modules. An easier way to explain is the probe part has modules that depend on certain things.

I found a temporary fix that will give the probes full control. Add a stock probe core like the hex or octo to lets say the Stardust probe body. Use the offset gizmo to bury it inside so you dont have to see it. Remote tech now sees that as a valid part.

I can vouch for the same problem, I also have no action group control, RCS, Spacebar, and SAS control . Now I think the problem lies in the parts files rather than the MM config. The parts are ignoring certain modules that are tied to the remote tech modules. An easier way to explain is the probe part has modules that depend on certain things.

I found a temporary fix that will give the probes full control. Add a stock probe core like the hex or octo to lets say the Stardust probe body. Use the offset gizmo to bury it inside so you dont have to see it. Remote tech now sees that as a valid part.

I tested now, with clean KSP with this mods:

stock SQUAD

US Probes Pack

mechjeb

remoteTech

modulemanager

1. without mechjeb and remotech => working

2. with mechjeb and remotech => not working

3. with mechjeb without remotech => working

4. without mechjeb and with remotech => not working

so, the problem are the remotech .. config or the plugins. i don't know

Never seen someone add a MODULE this way

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}
Most RT files are like
MODULE

{

name = ModuleSPU

}

EDIT- One of can try this

//RemoteTech for pioneer 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4
@PART[pioneer_0_1_2,pioneer_3_4]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]{
@RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]{
@amount *=2
@maxAmount *=2
}

!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {
%IsRTActive = true
%Mode0OmniRange = 0
%Mode1OmniRange = 2E7 //20 000 km
%EnergyCost = 0.001

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.18
%PacketSize = 2
%PacketResourceCost = 0.01
}
}

%MODULE
{
%name = ModuleSPU
}
}
//The Pioneer 5 was sent for deep space, so it needs a long range antenna

@PART[pioneer_5]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]{

%IsRTActive = true
%Mode0OmniRange = 5E5 //500 km
%Mode1OmniRange = 8E8 //800 Mm
%EnergyCost = 0.25

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.18
%PacketSize = 2
%PacketResourceCost = 1
}
}

%MODULE
{
%name = ModuleSPU
}
}
@PART[pioneer_6_7_8_9]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]{

%IsRTActive = true
%Mode0OmniRange = 5E5 //500 km
%Mode1OmniRange = 1E9 //1 Gm
%EnergyCost = 0.28

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.18
%PacketSize = 2
%PacketResourceCost = 1
}
}

%MODULE
{
%name = ModuleSPU
}
}

@PART[pioneer_10_11,neo_ulysses]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]{

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]{
%Mode0DishRange = 0
%Mode1DishRange = 3E11 //300 Gm, to the depths of kerbol system and beyond.
%DishAngle = 0.01

%EnergyCost = 1

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 3
%PacketSize = 2
%PacketResourceCost = 15
}
}

%MODULE
{
%name = ModuleSPU
}
}

//Kerbin Observation satellites

@PART[eos_aura,eos_aqua,eos_terra]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]{

%Mode0DishRange = 0
%Mode1DishRange = 5E6 //5000 km
%DishAngle = 30

%EnergyCost = 1
%MaxQ = 600

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.18
%PacketSize = 2
%PacketResourceCost = 15
}
}

%MODULE
{
%name = ModuleSPU
}
}

@PART[neo_dawn,neo_near,neo_stardust]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]{

%Mode0DishRange = 0
%Mode1DishRange = 34E9 //34 Gm, enough for a mission to Dres
%DishAngle = 0.5

%EnergyCost = 1.25

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.18
%PacketSize = 2
%PacketResourceCost = 15
}
}

%MODULE
{
%name = ModuleSPU
}
}

@PART[neo_deepimpact]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]{

%Mode0DishRange = 0
%Mode1DishRange = 5E10 //50 Gm
%DishAngle = 1.5

%EnergyCost = 1.01
%MaxQ = 500

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.18
%PacketSize = 2
%PacketResourceCost = 15
}
}

%MODULE
{
%name = ModuleSPU
}
}

@PART[neo_deepimpact_impactor,neo_stardust_collector]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]{
@amount *= 2
@maxAmount *=2
}

%IsRTActive = true
%Mode0OmniRange = 5E4 //50 km
%Mode1OmniRange = 5E6 //5000 km
%EnergyCost = 0.001

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.18
%PacketSize = 2
%PacketResourceCost = 1
}
}

%MODULE
{
%name = ModuleSPU
}
}

@PART[neo_ds1]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]{

%Mode0DishRange = 0
%Mode1DishRange = 9E10 // 90Gm
%DishAngle = 0.1

%EnergyCost = 1.6

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.18
%PacketSize = 2
%PacketResourceCost = 15
}
}

%MODULE
{
%name = ModuleSPU
}
}

@PART[gdish_actual]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]{

%Mode0DishRange = 0
%Mode1DishRange = 52E9 //
%DishAngle = 0.01

%EnergyCost = 1.0
%MaxQ = 600

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.18
%PacketSize = 2
%PacketResourceCost = 15
}
}

%MODULE
{
%name = ModuleSPU
}
}

@PART[gdish_intended]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]{

%Mode0DishRange = 0
%Mode1DishRange = 80E9 //
%DishAngle = 0.15

%EnergyCost = 1.0
%MaxQ = 600

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.18
%PacketSize = 2
%PacketResourceCost = 15
}
}

%MODULE
{
%name = ModuleSPU
}
}

@PART[galileo_aprobe,galileo_mb]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]{

%IsRTActive = true
%Mode0OmniRange = 0
%Mode1OmniRange = 5E6 //5000 km
%EnergyCost = 0.001

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.18
%PacketSize = 2
%PacketResourceCost = 5
}
}

%MODULE
{
%name = ModuleSPU
}
}

@PART[magellan]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]{

%Mode0DishRange = 0
%Mode1DishRange = 5E9 // 5Gm
%DishAngle = 3.6

%EnergyCost = 1.5

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.18
%PacketSize = 2
%PacketResourceCost = 15
}
}

%MODULE
{
%name = ModuleSPU
}
}

@PART[vanguard-1,vanguard-2,vanguard-3]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]{
@amount *=2
@maxAmount *=2
}

%IsRTActive = true
%Mode0OmniRange = 0
%Mode1OmniRange = 1E6 //1000 km
%EnergyCost = 0.001

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.18
%PacketSize = 2
%PacketResourceCost = 1
}
}

%MODULE
{
%name = ModuleSPU
}
}

@PART[eos_tdrs]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]{

MODULE{
name = ModuleRTAntenna

Mode0DishRange = 0
Mode1DishRange = 2E10 //20 Gm
DishAngle = 5

EnergyCost = 1.2

TRANSMITTER {
PacketInterval = 0.18
PacketSize = 2
PacketResourceCost = 15
}
}
MODULE{
name = ModuleRTAntenna

Mode0DishRange = 0
Mode1DishRange = 2E10 //20 Gm
DishAngle = 5

EnergyCost = 1.2

TRANSMITTER {
PacketInterval = 0.18
PacketSize = 2
PacketResourceCost = 15
}
}
MODULE{
name = ModuleRTAntenna

Mode0DishRange = 0
Mode1DishRange = 2E8 //200 Mm
DishAngle = 15

EnergyCost = 0.99

TRANSMITTER {
PacketInterval = 0.18
PacketSize = 2
PacketResourceCost = 15
}
}
MODULE{
IsRTactive = true //antenna to be used during launch.
name = ModuleRTAntenna
Mode0OmniRange = 0
Mode1OmniRange = 1E7 //10 000 km

EnergyCost = 0.2

TRANSMITTER {
PacketInterval = 0.18
PacketSize = 2
PacketResourceCost = 15
}
}

%MODULE
{
%name = ModuleSPU
}
}

Fixed if one can try it ?

Edited by Mecripp2

I am working on a fix now. Seeing as how this RT mm file never seems to work properly and is making my mod look bad because of this, I am removing it from the download. From now on it will be included in a link in the OP as a separate download. I know what the problem is and I am fixing it now.

I am working on a fix now. Seeing as how this RT mm file never seems to work properly and is making my mod look bad because of this, I am removing it from the download. From now on it will be included in a link in the OP as a separate download. I know what the problem is and I am fixing it now.

Think, I see what they did wrong you need ModuleSPU on them not ModuleSPUPassive.

EDIT- Fixed top post with ModuleSPU that way it is a probecore with ModuleSPUPassive they would have to added a probecore to it.

Edited by Mecripp2

Yes, because one is for the dish and the other is for the omni antenna. If you look at the probe cores they have modulespu, the antennae have modulespupassive. Since my probes have a probe core and antenna(and sometimes a dish) built in they need both of these modules to function properly. The dish is toggled by right clicking the part which increases the range once activated, before that it is the standard omni range.

I basically combined the probe core and antenna mm configs into one since my parts have these two things combined in them.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE V0.29.6.1

-Removed broken remotetech module manager config, from now on this will be maintained separately to avoid compatibility issues on update.

If you want to download the mm config check the original post or go here(the link will never change): https://www./?97yducwjlcbi435

-This release is otherwise identical to 0.29.6, if you have that you can just download the new config and replace your old one to fix the remotetech issues

Edited by raidernick

Ill be trying the new config after my game finally crashes, not that id want it too lol. Good to see raidernick fast as ever at working with all of us. You are the probe master! And not in a gross way either lol. Im glad I had worthy input about the probe cores haivng an issue. MeCripps finding of the passive module causing a conflict was in the ball park of my theory. Now I know why throwing a sencond probe core to stick on the probe made it work. It was weird. But coding and modding can be wierd at times. ALso have a happy new years! I dont have any plans so I guess ill be having a new years out in space somewhere......probably going to communicate back to earth using the new moduleSPU LOLOLOL

LOL Sorry but ModuleSPU is like having crew in away and ModuleSPUPassive is looking for a part on vessel that has ModuleSPU so it can act like crew so in short you don't need both to run Dish and omni antenna because one is look for the other.

EDIT- ModuleSPUPassive is looking for ModuleSPU

EDIT- And HAPPY NEW !

Edited by Mecripp2

====== Probes with Problems =====

Without RemoteTech/With SAS and RCS:

Aqua, Aura, Terra, Deep impact impactor, galileo spacecraft, galileo atmospheric probe, pioneer_0_1_2, pioneer_3/4, pioneer_5, pioneer_6/7/8/9, vanguard 1, vanguard 2, vanguard 3

Example: (RCS and SAS it's working but not have the No Target used for RemoteTech)

VdVM6Dx.png

With RemoteTech/Without SAS and RCS:

Deep Space 1

====== Good Probes =======

Dawn, Deep Impact, magellan, neer - shoemaker, pioneer_10_11, stardust, tdrs, ulysses

Edited by Viruzzz
adding screenshot.

I found some problems:

Not have RT but have SAS and RCS: Aqua, Aura, Terra, Deep impact impactor, galileo spacecraft, galileo atmospheric probe, pioneer_0_1_2, pioneer_3/4, pioneer_5, pioneer_6/7/8/9, vanguard 1, vanguard 2, vanguard 3

Working: Dawn, Deep Impact, magellan, neer - shoemaker, pioneer_10_11, stardust, tdrs, ulysses

I have RT but not SAS and RCS: Deep Space 1

~~ Happy New Year ~~

What are you talking about? They all work fine I literally just tested this a minute ago.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL Sorry but ModuleSPU is like having crew in away and ModuleSPUPassive is looking for a part on vessel that has ModuleSPU so it can act like crew so in short you don't need both to run Dish and omni antenna because one is look for the other.

EDIT- ModuleSPUPassive is looking for ModuleSPU

EDIT- And HAPPY NEW !

I removed the extra modules, although having them in there didn't break anything.

Please check again, with RemoteTech plugin. i downloaded twice your config, before it i deleted the modulemanager cache then i had tested. same twice.. and is the same result.

Some is working good, some not check my list.

Well that's just too bad for you then, it's working fine here and I'm not debugging your game installation or other mods especially since the only info you are giving me is that "it doesn't work".

Edited by raidernick

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.