[1.8.x - 1.12.x] US Probes Pack - Old and New - 8-26-21

raidernick

47 minutes ago, raidernick said:

this is so wrong I'm not even going to....

Update to the latest realism overhaul just released and the issue is fixed. I already told you this...

oh sorry I though you meant that The next us probes pack would have the fix not Ro thanks a lot.

24 minutes ago, COL.R.Neville said:

i was just saying what i do. i dont use ro. and use the tdrs model which doesnt have an antenna. so i have to add remotetech ones to it to add the functionality. 

Which is also wrong, if you had read the OP you'd see I have a mm patch you can download that adds remotetech support to all the probes for stock.....

Edited by raidernick

i did read the op and used that mm patch which for the tdrs sats results in 4 omni antennas with a range of 10 mm. hence my original post as to what i did to make it work. dont know whats happening in the alt f12 window you can see the dish definitions in the final configs but what happens in the end is 4 omni's. all of the others that have one dish it seems to work okay. but something is doing with these. the only way I have been able to make stuff like this work is when the antenna is its own discrete part with its own definition and then attached. 

Edited by COL.R.Neville

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Prisma said:

Pretty kool, though yo are going to have problems with Russian players.

No offense intended.

what does that even mean? Are you saying Russians will be insulted that this is a US pack? Why should they be, I have several soviet packs also available. And even if they were upset for some unknown reason, why would I even care?

Edited by raidernick

Is there a build manual somewhere? The mod works fine but I can't seem to make all the parts for the Galileo atmospheric probe that goes under the main craft together and one says to eject before Jool with no other context so I find it a little confusing or I could just be looking at it and making it harder then it really is.

Edited by KoolBreeze420

1 hour ago, KoolBreeze420 said:

Is there a build manual somewhere? The mod works fine but I can't seem to make all the parts for the Galileo atmospheric probe that goes under the main craft together and one says to eject before Jool with no other context so I find it a little confusing or I could just be looking at it and making it harder then it really is.

It comes with craft files....If you don't use those I can't help you.

38 minutes ago, Knezz said:

When i try to load spacecrafts, it says that there are missing parts: m.titaniv.p.dec

m.centauaurt.tdec

m.titaniv.ss

m.lr9.11

m.tiv.tower

...etc

What mod does contain these parts?

You need Raidernick's US Rockets Pack. This craft-files are not only the Spacecraft. They are Spacecraft + Launcher.

10 minutes ago, dtoxic said:

Hello, can you please tell what is "RNModules.dll" used for? i deleted folders (probes) i don't need i just kept Voyager 1/2 and Juno so if it;s useless for them can i delete it?

it's used for COM offset on certain parts and landing engines on soyuz. It's not used at all on voyager or juno so you can delete it if you just have those.

Edited by raidernick

3 minutes ago, raidernick said:

it's used for COM offset on certain parts and landing engines on soyuz. It's not used at all on voyager or juno so you can delete it if you just have those.

Great thx for the explanation. Keep up the good work! :)

43 minutes ago, Zero333 said:

Very interesting ... But a lot of bugs. For example, when the transfer of control of these Pod`s - stable kraken. We are waiting for fix

I'm afraid "we" will be waiting forever then.

Edited by raidernick

i noticed in the texture replacer you are bundling there are dds files in the env map folder. 

On 10/17/2016 at 1:50 AM, RangeMachine said:

UPDATE: Static reflections fixed. 

P. S. EnvMap textures must not be DDS format. Use PNG or any other you like.

2 hours ago, COL.R.Neville said:

i noticed in the texture replacer you are bundling there are dds files in the env map folder. 

That's my bad, I didn't realize I had forgotten to remove those when I put it there. It's no big deal though, it doesn't affect how it works and the files are tiny. They will be removed from the next versions.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So you said that there are craft files for all the probes, but when i download this there are only 10 craft files. When there seem to be parts to make many more probes. For example stardust, surveyor, EOS uylesses etc.

Thanks,

Dan 

2 hours ago, danklar said:

So you said that there are craft files for all the probes, but when i download this there are only 10 craft files. When there seem to be parts to make many more probes. For example stardust, surveyor, EOS uylesses etc.

Thanks,

Dan 

Because most of those probes are one part? You can't assemble a single part craft?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, need help. I've installed Remote Tech configs for both US and Soviet probe packs in Remote Tech directory, but it just doubled EC of probes while antenna ranges are still 160km (remote tech defaults). Did I do something wrong? 

Edited by reviest

4 hours ago, reviest said:

Hey guys, need help. I've installed Remote Tech configs for both US and Soviet probe packs in Remote Tech directory, but it just doubled EC of probes while antenna ranges are still 160km (remote tech defaults). What I did wrong? Did I do something wrong? 

I recommend either removing the RT default patch or adding a FINAL check in it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.