Kethane Plant (grow kethane in space)

grimmer87

Maybe if you duplicated resources from TAC, MKS/OKS etc then you could have this work both with or without those mods but the part would then require at least water and some form of nutrients, we can make bio-diesels,and things today with algie (even though rocket fuel isn't quite the same :P) speaking as a student of both Chemistry (primary) and biology (dabble) it would be possibl even in real life to engineer a bacteria to breakdown and restructure most hydrocarbons into another form.

Granted that in this transfer there is a little loss to account for the respiration of the bacteria but say even a 70% conversion rate (on a molecular scale) would be very promising and would yield good results depending on how "useful" the starting material was compared to the final product. :)

I think that's what the biomass mod already does. It was a bit too complicated for me so I just wanted something simple.

Totally understandable :)

I was considering a "StarTrek" replicator type mod that uses ORS to collect Dilithium and the power that it produces can make ANYTHING, from ore, metal, rocket parts, kethane, Karbonite, mono-prop, LOX and fuel, xenon, argon, you name it :) but it seemed like one of those "once you have a big set-up the other ways to obtain and manage resources becomes trivial, that and the fact those are pretty much core features of kethane and Karbonite so I didn't go through with it :/

Edited by Eggman360

• 3 weeks later...

Does this part constantly produce Kethane when focused on another ship or object? Or is it a case of only when you are actively controlling said part?

Thanks, and sorry if this question was already asked and answered.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, sorry I not been on here for ages, I have stopped playing kerbal for now (currently empire total war). to answer your questions, I had a (very)quick look at updating it to work on .25 but couldn't get it to show up. If anyone knows what the problem is if you let me know I will update.

It only produces when the vessel is active unfortunately. I don't know how to get round that.

• 1 month later...

can you show me how to reduce the size of the actual part so that i can fit it into my fairing? thnx. ~a youtuber

ps: or if you could release a smaller version like 0.625 meter parts i wouldnt have to edit the cfg file AND it would be released to the public.:P

Edited by gamesca

• 3 months later...

As far as breaking the laws of physics... it should theoretically be possible to convert energy to matter in Einstein's relativity equation. You know that famous E=mc^2 one. It would just take a ridiculous amount of energy to make some matter.

That said an ISRU mod like this can be more fun if you're sticking to the law of conservation of mass. I had figured that out when people asked about that with my civie pop mod.

Just say that you collect space dust and feed it to the plants. That might solve the problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.