KerbalX.com - Craft & Mission Sharing

katateochi

On 2017-6-10 at 4:24 AM, Raptor9 said:

I was making a few more hangers for mass downloads, and I noticed that KerbalX doesn't seem to like the "+" sign.  One of my craft, the 'Titan 4C+' is in my "VAB (Raptor9)" hanger, but when I was doing a test download, the craft isn't included in the zip file; however it's sister rocket 'Titan 4C' is.

The reason I think it's the "+" sign is because a few of the craft that have it in their craft file titles have it omitted after download (ie 'EV-3 Hab+Lab' or 'EV-4 Hab+Lab Mk1' become 'EV-3 HabLab' and 'EV-4 HabLab Mk1')

I have no idea if this is a limitation of the website software or not, but figured I'd bring it up.  Thanks. :)

It should not be omitting craft because of the + sign.  I put in a step to ensure that only url valid chars are used, but that shouldn't result in the craft being missed out entirely. I'll have a look at what's happening as that's definitely a bug!

On 2017-6-9 at 0:08 AM, Castille7 said:

I've been wanting to give a suggestion for a while now and now seems to be a good time. I've notice you have some formats to choose from but the default format is not set to a default frame size for the first picture and first video up loaded. If you could you look at my recent post with the RC Boat for an example to see the format size that I am asking for when you have a chance? In short this would be the default frame size and position for the first picture uploaded, first video uploaded, Description and Details. None have to be exactly this size this is just to get the jest of it.

Do you mean that, if you include a video url as well as a picture in the initial (post upload) form, the layout for the page doesn't make the image full width?  There isn't really any one default page layout, when you click next on the post upload form it tries to assign a template based on how many image urls you provided and if you gave a vid url.  If you provide more images than any of the templates cater for then it will use the template for the largest number of images and then attempt to arrange the other images after the rest of the page.  The awkward thing about the whole process is that it's done server side and at that point all there is to go on is a set of urls, so (without lengthy callbacks to fetch the images) I don't have any info about the resolution of the images, so it sets their width and then makes an assumption about aspect ratio to work out the height.  It's not ideal, and it was one of the early parts of the site I wrote and really I need to chuck that whole process in the bin and re write it to be something that is done client side in javascript (where I'll have easy access to the image dimensions).  
But meanwhile a more bandaid approach would be to add in some more templates that cater for pages with videos (there is only one vid centric template atm).  That will prob be an ok fix and quick to add, but I do plan to re-think the whole auto-layout process to be a bit more intelligent. 

On 2017-6-14 at 7:31 PM, Kerbalish said:

Very good job with KerbalX.com. I have a bug on required tech filter. It doesn't open the window, probably the main html need a container with the tech_tree_container class.

Yep, bug confirmed, thanks for pointing that out (and also for showing that that feature gets used! I wasn't sure anyone used that!). I recently did a bunch of stuff to cache aspects of the main page and I must have broken that bit! doh.  I shall fix it!

I'm currently away from home (on a sorta holiday in a land of terrible internet), so I'll be a bit slower getting to these things. But I will get them sorted before too long. 
Thanks again for all the support guys, really means a lot!
Kat

4 hours ago, katateochi said:

It should not be omitting craft because of the + sign.  I put in a step to ensure that only url valid chars are used, but that shouldn't result in the craft being missed out entirely. I'll have a look at what's happening as that's definitely a bug!

Do you mean that, if you include a video url as well as a picture in the initial (post upload) form, the layout for the page doesn't make the image full width?  There isn't really any one default page layout, when you click next on the post upload form it tries to assign a template based on how many image urls you provided and if you gave a vid url.  If you provide more images than any of the templates cater for then it will use the template for the largest number of images and then attempt to arrange the other images after the rest of the page.  The awkward thing about the whole process is that it's done server side and at that point all there is to go on is a set of urls, so (without lengthy callbacks to fetch the images) I don't have any info about the resolution of the images, so it sets their width and then makes an assumption about aspect ratio to work out the height.  It's not ideal, and it was one of the early parts of the site I wrote and really I need to chuck that whole process in the bin and re write it to be something that is done client side in javascript (where I'll have easy access to the image dimensions).  
But meanwhile a more bandaid approach would be to add in some more templates that cater for pages with videos (there is only one vid centric template atm).  That will prob be an ok fix and quick to add, but I do plan to re-think the whole auto-layout process to be a bit more intelligent. 

Yep, bug confirmed, thanks for pointing that out (and also for showing that that feature gets used! I wasn't sure anyone used that!). I recently did a bunch of stuff to cache aspects of the main page and I must have broken that bit! doh.  I shall fix it!

I'm currently away from home (on a sorta holiday in a land of terrible internet), so I'll be a bit slower getting to these things. But I will get them sorted before too long. 
Thanks again for all the support guys, really means a lot!
Kat

What I mean is when the first picture is uploaded the frame's default size might be 350 width and 40 height and my picture could be 400 x 600 so I am grabbing the corner of the frame to size 400 x 600 to fit my picture rather than the default frame size already being set at 400 x 600. The pictures and video does not have to go full width of the table, a little border looks nice to.

11 hours ago, Jett_Quasar said:

I keep getting error messages when trying to upload a craft file.  Error 500

- Jett

I'm getting this problem as well. It started last night, as far as I can see. 

EDIT: This is what I see when I try to upload from KSP using the mod:

FMw45Tl.jpg

I tried changing the images, omitting the images, changing and deleting the description, nothing seems to work.

Edited by doggonemess
added error message

@Jett_Quasar, @(-io-), @doggonemess (and everyone else who's currently having issues uploading craft/ adding images)
There's been a change to the API that the hosting platform uses (and I'd not been quick enough in getting a fix out, before they disabled the previous API).  I'm working on a fix right now (got a little learning of new API to do and then I should have it sorted).  Sorry all, should be sorted soon.

@Jett_Quasar, @(-io-), @doggonemess, @Azimech

OK, I've updated the bit that was broken, so uploading craft and adding images should be working again.  Can you guys try again and let me know if you run into any more issues.

1 hour ago, Castille7 said:

Have no FEAR Katateochi is here!!! ....... A little motivation for ya! :D

haha! I'm just currently away from home, sitting on the floor & without my usual development setup to work with, so was feeling a bit out of my usual comfort zone! But I think the fix is good :)

35 minutes ago, katateochi said:

@Jett_Quasar, @(-io-), @doggonemess, @Azimech

OK, I've updated the bit that was broken, so uploading craft and adding images should be working again.  Can you guys try again and let me know if you run into any more issues.

haha! I'm just currently away from home, sitting on the floor & without my usual development setup to work with, so was feeling a bit out of my usual comfort zone! But I think the fix is good :)

Thanks mate! And yes i'm still busy with your reply :-)

Wish we could grab a brew or something.

Edited by Azimech

41 minutes ago, Castille7 said:

I think I broke your website this morning :blush:, check it out when you have a chance, not sure if it's just on my end?

Same issue here...  I get the "500 Screen" on everything... can't login at all.

3 minutes ago, XLjedi said:

When I try to login now it just shows a button that says "Download VW Bug" not sure what's going on?

What the? Has the site been hacked?

:confused:

Wasn't me! :P

Edited by Azimech

3 hours ago, Castille7 said:

I think I broke your website this morning :blush:, check it out when you have a chance, not sure if it's just on my end?

Me thinkst as well. I could get to my profile page, and check one comment before it stopped working.

Edit: Further testing suggests only profile pages are working - 500 errors appear elsewhere.
As a side question, what are 500 errors?

Edited by qzgy