KerbalX.com - Craft & Mission Sharing

katateochi

9 hours ago, katateochi said:

Essentially yes. The old PartMapper tool is not totally obsolete, it still has a role to play in finding out about mods which are not indexed by CKAN, but I'd much rather the CKAN reference for KerbalX point to the KerbalX mod.  I've been meaning to update the CKAN info for ages and I keep forgetting, could you make that change for me? That would be really helpful! :) 

No worries. I'm on it. 

• 5 weeks later...

Minor update today; Added support for embedding twitch videos and clips into craft pages. similar to adding youtube videos, the markdown syntax is [twitch:<url_or_vid], or just use the add video helper and paste the url in (it should detect if a vid is youtube or twitch and switch mode accordingly). 
As part of that (and the bit that took much longer) I've changed the way the craft edit pages refreshes content when the page is saved.   Before when it saved it would refresh all the elements on the page, and this would cause videos to disappear for a second and then reappear.  Now if only refreshes the elements which have changed so that makes editing a page that has videos on it a smoother experience....it's also more efficient. 

Edited by katateochi

@katateochi Found a small bug with the little rocket that scrolls to the top of the page. If I scroll down fast enough, the rocket can still go below the pad:

HHKASaB.jpg

It is way better than it used to be, but it is still there. This is of course minor lol, but thought you'd like to know.

4 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Found a small bug with the little rocket that scrolls to the top of the page. If I scroll down fast enough, the rocket can still go below the pad:

clearly you're coming in to land too fast! I'd not noticed that a fast scroll caused that. I'll see what I can do, it's probably due to the javascript not keeping up with the rate of scroll and then missing the cut off point. low priority fix though! 

19 hours ago, katateochi said:

clearly you're coming in to land too fast! I'd not noticed that a fast scroll caused that. I'll see what I can do, it's probably due to the javascript not keeping up with the rate of scroll and then missing the cut off point. low priority fix though! 

Very low indeed :sticktongue: But I found another thing, why does the site freeze when I try to add tags on my craft? It didnt used to do that but I made a new upload, and I hit space after typing my usual CMAU tag, and it froze my browser... idk whats wrong

Any ideas?

Hey @katateochi! I've been using your site for some time now and I really like it. But I've been encountering an issue lately after the latest update.

When I go to add Tags to my craft during the Publishing phase, generally the drop down box will try to auto guess what you are trying to type. For me

when this happens, the drop down bar causes a very long loading period that freezes everything and occasionally crashes the browser (Chrome with current updates).

Is this a known thing or am I maybe doing something wrong?

1 minute ago, Krog34 said:

Hey @katateochi! I've been using your site for some time now and I really like it. But I've been encountering an issue lately after the latest update.

When I go to add Tags to my craft during the Publishing phase, generally the drop down box will try to auto guess what you are trying to type. For me

when this happens, the drop down bar causes a very long loading period that freezes everything and occasionally crashes the browser (Chrome with current updates).

Is this a known thing or am I maybe doing something wrong?

Odd, same for me. It occurs on both the first edit page, and the normal one. Glad to know I'm not the only one noticing it. I too and using chrome for this, but six months ago, it worked fine, I wonder what happened....

On 11/16/2017 at 1:59 AM, katateochi said:

@Mycroft @Krog34 Thanks for point this out. I can't replicate a freeze or crash, but opening that dropdown does slow everything right down (and cpu usage spikes) while the mouse is over it. So something ain't right and I could see that that could cause a freeze/crash.  I shall look into it!

I've managed to narrow it down to a potential culprit, at least for my applications. I notice that if one of the pictures I am trying to add is a GIF (which preview plays during the initial upload phase) then the Drop Down menu for the auto-guess takes significantly longer to process. If there are no GIFs "previewing" I have no problems! As a simple fix, I can just add GIFs once I get to the main Craft Upload/Edit page.

edit: Actually I may be wrong, initially that fix seemed to remedy the issue but it continues to happen

Edited by Krog34
formatting

On 20/11/2017 at 3:12 AM, Krog34 said:

Actually I may be wrong, initially that fix seemed to remedy the issue but it continues to happen

I am also having trouble trying to find exactly where the issue crops up.  Quite a lot of questions on stackoverflow about jQuery's autocomplete being slow, but that's with 100,000+ items, we've only got ~2000 tags to deal with.  If I turn the autocomplete into a single select so it just lets you pick one tag then it seems to work fine. But in multiple select mode it seems to make the first select fine, but then when trying to select the 2nd one the whole page grinds to a crawl (with high CPU usage). 
So I might try making it like the tag select interface on stackoverflow where you have a single select dropdown and when you select one it adds it as little icons underneath (which you can then click on to remove).  

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/12/2017 at 2:23 AM, Freyja said:

Is it possible to exclude certain mods when browsing the site?

No the mod filters only work to include selected mods. Being able to exclude a mod would be a nice feature though.  Easy to implement at the search logic level, but I'm not sure how the interface implementation would look. I'll have a think about it though. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @katateochi! Is there any chance of adding a feature that allows for different versions of a craft to be categorized on one craft page (e.g. passenger, fuel, cargo, vtol versions)? Else I'd have to create heaps of craft pages that are basically the same ship. For the sake of overview this would be great IMO.

Thanks for the amazing work!

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking for a plane to mess around with when I saw a new ksp version filter on the website "5.5.5". Is this the new beta,  just something you accidentally placed in there, or used for craft with no parts?

Edited by RYU AZUKU99

2 hours ago, RYU AZUKU99 said:

I was looking for a plane to mess around with when I saw a new ksp version filter on the website "5.5.5". Is this the new beta,  just something you accidentally placed in there, or used for craft with no parts?

Interesting.

Could be a test for a new filter to stop (ab)use of the site for something other than its purpose - which would be fair, since KerbalX is for sharing craft files, not for a personal message/advertising board. Or it's an artifact of those non-craft uploads - the uploader may be manually editing a bogus version into the files, and kat's clever coding is just adding it to the filter list automatically.

Either way, since there's an obvious repetitive pattern, I would say those pages are risking getting filtered out or even banned. Hopefully it won't need to come to that.

12 hours ago, RYU AZUKU99 said:

9 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

Interesting.

Could be a test for a new filter to stop (ab)use of the site for something other than its purpose....

No that's a glitch. For some reason the versions off a group of craft were incorrectly parsed. I shall sort that later.  (Been away for a few days so playing catch-up with things that need sorting, but I will get to this soon).

Hello people, i am new to this Kerbal X thing, sounds very cool but im wondering if its still in working order, because if it is, it would be great site to share my mech Designs for other people? and curse doesn't aprove my mechs 

anylonger for some reasons : /

here is a examble of my latest Design that should be interesting for even you guys to check. Cheers ^^

1 hour ago, Tirehtoori R.I.P said:

Hello people, i am new to this Kerbal X thing, sounds very cool but im wondering if its still in working order, because if it is, it would be great site to share my mech Designs for other people?

The KerbalX thing is still very much in working order and would love to have your Mech designs on it. Upload away! and if you've got any Qs give me a shout.