KerbalX.com - Craft & Mission Sharing

katateochi

On 8/30/2020 at 12:12 AM, swjr-swis said:

Congratulations with 6 years of KerbalX.com!

Thank you, @katateochi

For 6 years of hosting our craft and mission files, for tirelessly volunteering your time and resources in providing and maintaining this awesome community repository.

For allowing us a place to share and learn and help and enjoy.

omg, I was away for a few days and missed a bunch of notifications and totally missed this!
This is epic! Thanks so much @swjr-swis This has made my day. I'd actually completely forgotten the anniversary this year (it's been such a strange year!) so thanks for reminding me and for making this. 
Yeah, 6 years! 41k+ craft and 3.4 million downloads. I am pleased! :)
This has been the most enjoyable coding project I've ever worked on, and that's entirely because of this community.

Still got loads of things I want to do with the site, it's just finding the time to do them! And there is also the upcoming KSP 2 which at the moment is just a can-O-uncertainty that I can't do anything about yet.
I know Craft Manger is in need of some attention in the latest KSP release. 
I've also got an idea for a mod (maybe 2) which would use KerbalX as a central point, but its just finding the time these days! I'll do a post about it and see if the idea appeals and if anyone would be able to work with me on it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thumbnails aren't showing up for craft uploaded since partway through yesterday (with a single exception):

whCUxWb.png

The craft in question do have working images (as can be seen when going to the craft's individual pages), and they're properly sorted as craft with pictures (they're still displayed when the "Hide craft without pictures" checkbox is checked), but thumbnails don't show up for the images they definitely have; all you get is the "image coming soon" placeholder.

If it means anything, the ten thumbnailless craft are all craft (rather than subassemblies) and stock or stock+ (rather than modded), while the sole properly-working thumbnail since sometime yesterday belongs to a subassembly that uses three mods, but that might well just be a coincidence.

EDIT: Looks like the presence or absence of mods isn't what's making the difference, as, since I took the above screenshot, someone's uploaded a mod craft without a thumbnail showing up:

DMuDA87.png

Edited by Lady Sean
Updating.

58 minutes ago, Lady Sean said:

Thumbnails aren't showing up for craft uploaded since partway through yesterday (with a single exception):

whCUxWb.png

The craft in question do have working images (as can be seen when going to the craft's individual pages), and they're properly sorted as craft with pictures (they're still displayed when the "Hide craft without pictures" checkbox is checked), but thumbnails don't show up for the images they definitely have; all you get is the "image coming soon" placeholder.

If it means anything, the ten thumbnailless craft are all craft (rather than subassemblies) and stock or stock+ (rather than modded), while the sole properly-working thumbnail since sometime yesterday belongs to a subassembly that uses three mods, but that might well just be a coincidence.

EDIT: Looks like the presence or absence of mods isn't what's making the difference, as, since I took the above screenshot, someone's uploaded a mod craft without a thumbnail showing up:

DMuDA87.png

Same Here, Looks Like A Bug

@katateochi

3 hours ago, miguelsgamingch said:

Any Clue?

So far nothing clear. But problem has to be somewhere between the process of generating the thumbnails and storing then on my image server. 

I spent a couple hours trying to track it down last night. Annoyingly I can't skip work this morning, so I've gotta put this on hold for a few hours. But I'll try again hopefully after lunch. 

Bear with me guys, I'll get it sorted!!

38 minutes ago, katateochi said:

So far nothing clear. But problem has to be somewhere between the process of generating the thumbnails and storing then on my image server. 

I spent a couple hours trying to track it down last night. Annoyingly I can't skip work this morning, so I've gotta put this on hold for a few hours. But I'll try again hopefully after lunch. 

Bear with me guys, I'll get it sorted!!

Take your time :D

15 hours ago, Lady Sean said:

14 hours ago, miguelsgamingch said:

Same Here, Looks Like A Bug

Fixed!! 
New craft should be doing the thumbnail thing properly from now on and those which had failed have now got their thumbs back!

• 2 weeks later...

The KerbalX website is down, as of 8:30 am EDT, getting this on the first screen (see image below).

For those who want to get past this, just rename the file <KSPMainDir>/KerbalX.key to something else.  When it's back up, rename it back.  This will disable the KerbalX login (will give you the initial login screen).

Site is back up

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way I can upload galleries and images without using imgur? From what i've seen the people have been generally rude when I post images for the KerbalX site. I know the mod can but it's very limited. I recently deleted my account because it's basically the same as reddit. And I found no use for it.

15 hours ago, EdwardB3020 said:

Is there a way I can upload galleries and images without using imgur? From what i've seen the people have been generally rude when I post images for the KerbalX site. I know the mod can but it's very limited. I recently deleted my account because it's basically the same as reddit. And I found no use for it.

Upload the images without publishing them. You will still be able to link to them from the forum (or anywhere else), but they won't show up in the 'user submitted' that people see when they browse the imgur site. You won't get comments that way.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Lady Sean said:

EDIT: The problem seems to have resolved itself, and all thumbnails are showing up properly now.

This was just a delay, not the same problem as before. Sometimes it can just take a little while to generate the thumbs. There is a background worker queue, which processes jobs like making thumbs and sometimes you gotta wait for other jobs to complete. If I had more funding I'd run multiple worker queues, but I can't afford the costs for that unfortunatly. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@katateochi -- not sure if this has been noted yet, but I'm having to re-log in frequently when using the kerbalx mod, despite having a saved KerbalX.key file saved in my game directories. Would having multiple game installs cause it to reset the logged-in status in another install, or is the site somehow timing out sooner than before?

• 3 weeks later...

unknown.png

The site is often down for some time, which is okay as it recovers. But annoyingly, the KerbalX/Craft Manager mod appears to lock me out of KSP completely with a broken error box. I can't click anything. The first time that I loaded up the game today it worked, but locked me out once I tried to open a craft, the same error appeared.