KerbalX.com - Craft & Mission Sharing

katateochi

@katateochi The KerbalX site seems to have a bug in how it renders images from Imgur albums.  When viewing a craft's page, images in albums are rendered with a restricted colour gamut, producing a very noticeable "posterising" effect.

An example of this effect, viewing a particularly-well-suited album (lots of sky smoothly varying in colour) on one of my craft pages:

(seen on my home laptop, running Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa)

3j6sKiu.png

(seen on the iMac at the youth center where I'm posting this from, running OS X 10.10 Yosemite; the posterising is somewhat less visible here because of the iMac's higher screen resolution, but can still be clearly seen in the full-size image)

f1lpZM7.png

Standalone images, in contrast, are not posterised.

Edited by Lady Vikki
Replacing image.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2021 at 3:48 PM, Lady Vikki said:

The KerbalX site seems to have a bug in how it renders images from Imgur albums. 

I noticed this too in Chrome. e.g. This

Look at the ground in the launch photos. Looks like old 16 color EGA. It seems to improve when the album is viewed full-screen though.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/16/2021 at 12:16 AM, Krazy1 said:

I noticed this too in Chrome. e.g. This

Look at the ground in the launch photos. Looks like old 16 color EGA. It seems to improve when the album is viewed full-screen though.

Actually, I'd say it looks more like it's being reduced to 8-bit colour (256 colours) - there're definitely a lot more than 16 colours visible there.

4 minutes ago, ElonsMusk said:

Did I bork something?

No. KerbalX borked with a 503 error... and it typically freezes everything and you have to restart.  I only stay logged in when I want to move ships back and forth

14 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

(...)  I only stay logged in when I want to move ships back and forth

Roger that. I'll see if I can log out... haha. Thanks.

edit: Delete my key file perhaps?

e2: yep yep yep thanks !!

Edited by ElonsMusk

• 2 weeks later...

Question: if I create a new part mod, how do I get KerbalX to recognise when I upload (or someone else uploads) a craft containing parts from that mod?

(Purely-hypothetical question at the moment, but might become more-than-hypothetical in future, since I'm working off-again on-again on a part mod that I'm hoping to release eventually.)

Edited by Lady Vikki

18 minutes ago, Lady Vikki said:

Question: if I create a new part mod, how do I get KerbalX to recognise when I upload (or someone else uploads) a craft containing parts from that mod?

Use the KerbalX CraftManager mod to upload your craft. It will automatically update the KerbalX database with any new parts it sees.

https://kerbalx.com/CraftManager

7 hours ago, Lady Vikki said:

My KSP computer doesn't have a way to connect to the Internet; can CraftManager work around that?

Uhm.... no. If there's no Internet, it can't connect to the KerbalX site.

i'm having the error 500 glitch constantly happen every time I try to upload a craft
here's what it looks like before I click "Next" to upload a craft: unknown.png

I have no idea what i'm doing wrong, i've had this happen before when uploading MYSTIC-A, but I forgot what I did to fix that problem

I am getting an error on Kerbalx

Name : Kerbal Error 500

What I am seeing

Was that the primary buffer panel!?

Something has gone wrong!

I have been notified about it and will investigate.

If you feel like being extra helpful, you could leave me a message on the KSP forum

Or write a bug report on githib

After : Attempting to download the KerbalX mod

(please help)

8 hours ago, G9 Militants YT said:

Name : Kerbal Error 500

Error confirmed.

While it's being looked at, you can download the latest github release directly from here:

https://github.com/Sujimichi/CraftManager/releases/tag/1.2.0

You will also need to download and install KXAPI:

https://github.com/Sujimichi/KXAPI/releases/tag/1.2.0

Edited by swjr-swis
KXAPI

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Klapaucius said:

Is there a way to turn off the download window? I am doing a career game and every time I switch buildings it pops up telling me I have 32 craft to download, obscuring my funds stats.

I don't use the mod myself, but you can turn off deferred downloads in the KX site settings, under 'KX Mod': https://kerbalx.com/settings