KerbalX.com - Craft & Mission Sharing

katateochi

On 5/22/2021 at 2:57 PM, Lady Vikki said:

Question: if I create a new part mod, how do I get KerbalX to recognise when I upload (or someone else uploads) a craft containing parts from that mod?

On 5/22/2021 at 3:17 PM, swjr-swis said:

Use the KerbalX CraftManager mod to upload your craft. It will automatically update the KerbalX database with any new parts it sees.

https://kerbalx.com/CraftManager

As far as I know, KerbalX's part↔mod mapping is generated from CKAN metadata by this script, not from user uploads of crafts:

(I had to look into it to submit a fix for it at https://github.com/Sujimichi/KerbalX/pull/37, which hopefully will get reviewed and merged someday.)

There's a script to submit info at  https://kerbalx.com/partmapper, but the site implies that it takes a back seat to the CKAN-sourced data:

https://kerbalx.com/about

These days KerbalX also uses CKAN to get info about mods, but not all mods are listed by CKAN, so KerbalX still needs it's users to run the part mapper tool and provide info.

So I think the answer to the original question is: Get your mod listed on CKANor (ask your users to) run the KerbalX partmapper script and submit the data.

Edited by HebaruSan

33 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

.. some of the pages haven't been updated in a while, and still refer to now-superseded things.

If anything I said above has been superseded, that could potentially be great, but unfortunately this craft still has "Airship Pirates KSP Modpack" instead of BDArmory, which indicates that the bug that I was fixing in the pull request I linked is still there:

OK, I clicked around a bit more, and while the main page of the craft shows the old, wrong mod list, clicking "Mods" brings up what looks like a more accurate list (or at least, it has BD Armory Continued instead of Airship Pirates KSP Modpack):

YJWYkNa.png

So may have been fixed after all, hooray! Now if only that "download ckan meta-file" link would work...

Edited by HebaruSan

• 2 weeks later...

I'm receiving an error trying to load my latest craft file. First it will let me attempt to upload and it takes around 15 minutes for it to finally load after uploading but will not show the picture of the file. Tried this around 2 am CST. Finally went though around 2:30ish. Pictures would not load on the page. I tried to update the file but received application error message  refreshed page this morning still missing thumbnail and then somehow my craft got deleted?

Trying to reupload now but still is hanging when trying to upload craft. Getting a application error message again.  The craft file size is bigger than most of my normal craft so i'm not sure if that's the problem? at 2,887 KB File goes though fine on steam

Still getting 500 error message and it fails every time now. 

Also to edit the post. I have cleared all cache and cookies and other site data just to be sure and even tried to download the kraft uploader and get the exact same message on chrome browser. Not sure what's going on. Tired to upload another craft file that was smaller just to see and getting the same error message. 

9CPlMRU.jpg

0j4kTb1.jpg

This was the title image that refused to load 

wfVD6gs.jpg

but yeah kind of sad i can't get this craft to the masses.

When I try and re upload i get this message 

DOtPuCr.jpg

when I click continue with your previous craft I end up with this page next.

JrGRZOH.jpg

I try and start the process over again I'm back again at it hanging trying to scan file.

Update: Was able to download Kerbal X uploader and the other required file in CKAN, Website still not working for me

Uploaded the craft file but images still not loading up. (at least on my end) Not sure if file is corrupted like the last time.. My steam workshop file is working just fine.  

Edited by InterstellarKev

6 hours ago, InterstellarKev said:

The craft file size is bigger than most of my normal craft so i'm not sure if that's the problem? at 2,887 KB File goes though fine on steam

Still getting 500 error message and it fails every time now. 

Hi there. Thank you for reporting this. I'm glad to see you already succeeded in uploading this craft in the mean time.

There's a complicated update ongoing at the moment, and very limited RL opportunity to tend to it. There's a slightly higher chance than usual of site errors or services needing to be restarted. In almost all cases though, it's a temporary error and you just need to retry a bit later for it to work.

7 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

Hi there. Thank you for reporting this. I'm glad to see you already succeeded in uploading this craft in the mean time.

There's a complicated update ongoing at the moment, and very limited RL opportunity to tend to it. There's a slightly higher chance than usual of site errors or services needing to be restarted. In almost all cases though, it's a temporary error and you just need to retry a bit later for it to work.

Yep Its all  good for now! Thank you. Will be releasing more craft later on this week! thanks again.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

Bug Report: This craft is stock, but it reports it as modded. For some reason it says the stock stuff is modded.  Anything you can do?

https://kerbalx.com/Admiral_Fluffy/Xenon-Spacecraft

Apparently, the engine plate is not being recognized as part of the DLC, and considered part of a mod called 'squadexpansion'. I notice there are another 5 parts where it does the same thing. Not sure how or why this happened, but this might need to be manually adapted in the KX part database. Thank you for pointing this out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Running into an issue here: When installing the Craft Manager mod from KerbalX over Ckan it also needs the KXAPI mod, which is subsequently also installed. However, this leads to some issues as KatLib.dll is included in both Craft Manager and KXAPI, which means the same DLL is being loaded twice, which is marked as a potentially gamebreaking problem by KspAVC

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi there.

8 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

it did not update my thumbnail. It doesn't match the image shown in the craft edit preview. 

https://kerbalx.com/Krazy1/Shuttle-1B-40t-v23

The thumbnail process does lag a bit behind updates, especially when you quickly change the thumbnail image after uploading. This usually fixes itself after a bit. Also, sometimes it's actually the browser caching an image and not fully refreshing the page. You can try force a full reload (F5 on Windows-based browsers), or clearing the browser cache.

If that doesn't make a difference: can you post the link to the image you want to see as thumbnail? It will help checking if something else is at the root of this.

8 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

It also does not recognize the mod SimpleFuelSwitch. It is listed on CKAN.

The automatic mod recognition is primarily based on added parts, so with mods that don't add new parts the logic sometimes requires a bit of tweaking. I will leave @katateochi a message about this one. Thank you for reporting it!

16 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

The thumbnail process does lag a bit behind updates

It's good now thanks. I did try F5 yesterday but it looked the same. I'm using Chrome. I've rebooted now and it's good. 

22 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

The automatic mod recognition is primarily based on added parts,

FYI it shows up like this on parts in the save file:

Spoiler

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleSimpleFuelSwitch
        isEnabled = True
        currentResourcesId = liquid_fuel_only
        stagingEnabled = True
        EVENTS
        {
        }
        ACTIONS
        {
        }
        UPGRADESAPPLIED
        {
        }
    }

It might be tricky to avoid "false positives" on stock craft because it pushes that on every part even if the fuel wasn't switched.

1 hour ago, Krazy1 said:

It might be tricky to avoid "false positives" on stock craft because it pushes that on every part even if the fuel wasn't switched.

True, we've seen the same issue with some of the other partless mods. It's preferable to get some false positives rather than the reverse (mod unrecognised/unlisted) - with a false positive, the downloader would get the craft working and looking exactly as shown on the page, while the reverse situation leads to a craft that can be wildly different from how it was intended (if it even loads at all).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I noticed this craft upload

https://kerbalx.com/Getting_High_With_Lo/Bobs-Truck

is using parts from my Kerbin Rover Redux mod.

https://spacedock.info/mod/2804/Kerbin Rover Redux

But Kerbal X is pointing to the old KerbinRover Off-Road Vehicles mod.

https://spacedock.info/mod/602/KerbinRover Off-Road Vehicles

I know for a fact that the the ute and the skin were not available in the old mod. Can you fix it or do I need to talk to CKAN to get it fixed?

@swjr-swis

Edited by ColdJ

• 1 month later...

Hey this is boomchacle. I'm trying to upload a 2000 + part pile of engines and a fuel tank which is capable of launching a kerbal into space within a single frame. Something's going on with the website and it's not working. I'm just letting you know.

On 5/5/2022 at 10:48 AM, boomchacle said:

Ah crap I may have crashed the site by uploading a very large craft

On 5/5/2022 at 12:51 PM, _Rade said:

I'm having the same problem. I've uploaded the craft file but it doesn't let me publish it.

9 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

(I have the same problem...crashes when I try to save a draft)

1 hour ago, fryguy101 said:

I too am unable to save a draft, or publish. Darn primary buffer panel!

Message received and passed on.

One thing that would help investigating the cause is if we had the craft files that the site keeps crashing on. Since this can't be done through the site itself, use one of these alternatives:

Thank you.

1 hour ago, swjr-swis said:

Message received and passed on.

One thing that would help investigating the cause is if we had the craft files that the site keeps crashing on. Since this can't be done through the site itself, use one of these alternatives:

Thank you.

Uploaded the craft file to dropbox, though to be clear it appears to have uploaded without issue. I am able to download the file from the edit page. but the site fails when attempting to save any changes.