KerbalX.com - Craft & Mission Sharing

katateochi

He's doing this out of his own pocket and in his spare time next to a demanding full time job and other real life stuff, folks. Keep that in mind.

As frustrating as it is, be assured that your reports have been seen, and the errors are being looked into. Unfortunately the current spell of instability is looking like a problem in the hosting platform itself. Moving the site to a different and more reliable hosting provider is currently being investigated, but it's not a quick easy thing to decide or do. A live database needs to be migrated, there's code compatibility to consider, money has to be spent, and certainly not least free time slots have to be found for the actual move.

If it were a code fix it might've already been resolved, but this is a project by its own right.

In the meantime, I'll keep fielding and answering the reports here as best I can.

18 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

He's doing this out of his own pocket and in his spare time next to a demanding full time job and other real life stuff, folks. Keep that in mind.

As frustrating as it is, be assured that your reports have been seen, and the errors are being looked into. Unfortunately the current spell of instability is looking like a problem in the hosting platform itself. Moving the site to a different and more reliable hosting provider is currently being investigated, but it's not a quick easy thing to decide or do. A live database needs to be migrated, there's code compatibility to consider, money has to be spent, and certainly not least free time slots have to be found for the actual move.

If it were a code fix it might've already been resolved, but this is a project by its own right.

In the meantime, I'll keep fielding and answering the reports here as best I can.

Thanks for the update! I appreciate all y'all have done for the community!

1 hour ago, Fletch4 said:

None of the thumbs are showing up for any of the craft.

It's connected with the current issue. At least the craft pages with a missing thumbnail work and the craft file is downloadable; other craft pages just don't work at all and show the 404 error page.

No news to report on this yet.

3 hours ago, fryguy101 said:

Looks to be working again!

Cautiously confirming this. A change in the image host interface seems to have been the cause for that one.

It doesn't retroactively solve the missing thumbnails of pages uploaded during the error window, so for those pages please try to manually refresh the thumbnail image (in edit page mode, click the tiny thumbnail image at the top beside the title and reselect the desired image). Or if you had no image on the page as a workaround, you can try adding one now.

Thanks everyone for your patience so far.

3 hours ago, fryguy101 said:

Many thanks to @katateochi

Agreed!

On 5/6/2022 at 4:04 PM, swjr-swis said:

Message received and passed on.

One thing that would help investigating the cause is if we had the craft files that the site keeps crashing on. Since this can't be done through the site itself, use one of these alternatives:

Thank you.

I couldn't remember if that's the exact craft but it's the same craft basically. It's pretty huge which might be the problem

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Akagi said:

Seriously? It's just the stock KSP jumping flea.

You've already reported this on the KerbalX site. No reason to mention it here too.

And a btw: we all started out as new players once, some of us as very young kids. If you look at this player's other uploads, they show a starting player going through starting career designs. Let's allow others to have their first encounters with KSP too?

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say thank you for making such a fantastic site! I've been uploading all my weird stuff there to amaze and horrify everyone who stops by. I've also been having fun downloading and trying out craft from other creators. I honestly prefer it over Steam Workshop for KSP.

Here's looking toward the future (meaning KSP2).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's a ton of craft on the homepage without images. At first I thought someone was spam-uploading craft (by the way, please stop that), but then I saw that there were multiple different accounts with craft like that. Is anyone else aware of this issue?

lPfAnKc.png

7 hours ago, Nazalassa said:

Just checked, all the results before "irrigation system" are image-less (?)

They don't have thumbnails on the home page. But on the craft's page the pictures still show up. (at least for me they do)N8eFBIT.png

Anything uploaded after around a day ago has no thumbnail on the home page. No problems when viewing the craft itself on kerbalx.