KerbalX.com - Craft & Mission Sharing

katateochi

Kerbonauts!  Seeing that this thread is still active I'm gonna ask a question...

Why sometimes I keep seeing this error: "Application error" I'ts a shame that I can'r use it cuz is really pretty and useful site! :'(

Someone know how to solve it? (I already have an account and the in-game mod)

thanks ;)NRHFaDA.png

• 3 weeks later...

@katateochi

I would like to make a suggestion for KerbalX - a Cargo Slot Capacity Line.

For two years, we have had cargo capacities in not only specialized parts such as the SEQ-24, but the passenger and command modules as well. We already have a crew capacity line on KerbalX, so why not one for how many cargo slots the craft has in total? 

For everybody else reading this, what do you think?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, pmborg said:

the problem of this is that KSP crash when we have the mods installed the KSP crash when site is down:

You can go into the settings of Craft Manager and disable KerbalX integration and it won't cause problems in your game if the site is down.

I only enable the KerbalX integration if I am uploading or downloading craft, Otherwise it is always disabled to avoid problems. 

On 1/3/2023 at 1:32 AM, Rutabaga22 said:

Is there a mod to easily download kerbalX craft?

You could try this, https://kerbalx.com/kerbalx_mod (also on ckan). You'll need a kerbalX account for it. I'm not sure about "easily" though. The page will tell you about Craft Manager as well, which is an entirely different mod in my opinion. This mod only has KerbalX support and nothing else, while craft manager completely replaces the craft list in stock.

The download feature is slightly complicated. You'll have to switch on a setting in your account settings (KX Mod -> Deferred Downloads), then when you go to a craft on the site, the download button will only show this (there's still an option for manually downloading it if you want)

GlhCc2b.png

then when you're in KSP, you should be able to download craft from that list.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2023 at 5:34 AM, Caerfinon said:

You can go into the settings of Craft Manager and disable KerbalX integration and it won't cause problems in your game if the site is down.

I only enable the KerbalX integration if I am uploading or downloading craft, Otherwise it is always disabled to avoid problems. 

That's good to know, but it really should be more graceful about it that to pop up a screenful of HTML that overflows the bottom of the screen, can't be closed, and blocks clicking on the UI...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, I feel I owe you all an apology and a bit of an explanation; KerbalX has been on auto-pilot for too long and recently has been crashing a lot.
Without details, life knocked me down and then kept kicking.  It's been a relentless few years and I'm not what I used to be. 

I'm sad that because of that I stepped back from this community because I couldn't cope, with anything! I've just about managed to keep KerbalX running, but I've not done anything to it in ages.  Big thanks to the KX moderators who've kept things clean.
I'm going to try and get back in to it, but I can't promise anything.

Aside from performance/stability issues, what is the most significant issue on the site right now? 

Now I've seen what a KSP 2 craft file looks like (JSON, thank Jeb!) it looks like adding KSP 2 support will be possible. 
I'm still completely in the dark about how parts are stored in the game and I don't know what's known about how mods are going to work. 

If I can get data about parts and there's nothing too weird in the craft files, then that should be simple enough. 
Rather than having a separate section for KSP 1 and 2 craft, they will all be together but filterable. That fits with the treat-everything-equal mindset I've designed with.  Later I could expand that just to give more visual separation, if that's needed.

Anyway, I am sorry for the somewhat dishevelled state of KerbalX and it's great to see so many still using it. 

On 2/26/2023 at 8:51 PM, katateochi said:

---

Anyway, I am sorry for the somewhat dishevelled state of KerbalX and it's great to see so many still using it. 

Best wishes from all of us! Hope things will be on track asap!

Regarding KSP2, Scott Manley found something unique:

This could mean KerbalX could potentially just show an image of the craft and a copy to clipboard button. I could be wrong how this whole feature works but it seems very interesting!

Edited by Damon

On 2/26/2023 at 12:51 PM, katateochi said:

I'm sad that because of that I stepped back from this community because I couldn't cope, with anything! I've just about managed to keep KerbalX running, but I've not done anything to it in ages. 

Its okay. We all need a break sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2023 at 1:51 PM, katateochi said:

Hey Guys, I feel I owe you all an apology and a bit of an explanation; KerbalX has been on auto-pilot for too long and recently has been crashing a lot.
Without details, life knocked me down and then kept kicking.  It's been a relentless few years and I'm not what I used to be. 

I'm sad that because of that I stepped back from this community because I couldn't cope, with anything! I've just about managed to keep KerbalX running, but I've not done anything to it in ages.  Big thanks to the KX moderators who've kept things clean.
I'm going to try and get back in to it, but I can't promise anything.

Aside from performance/stability issues, what is the most significant issue on the site right now? 

Now I've seen what a KSP 2 craft file looks like (JSON, thank Jeb!) it looks like adding KSP 2 support will be possible. 
I'm still completely in the dark about how parts are stored in the game and I don't know what's known about how mods are going to work. 

If I can get data about parts and there's nothing too weird in the craft files, then that should be simple enough. 
Rather than having a separate section for KSP 1 and 2 craft, they will all be together but filterable. That fits with the treat-everything-equal mindset I've designed with.  Later I could expand that just to give more visual separation, if that's needed.

Although this may be a bit minor and a bit late, the main issue I've had with KerbalX to date has been both 503/504 errors and the lack of an easy means by which to search for craft created with specific mods. It'd be nice to see something maybe drawing on the CKAN database for mod sorting at some point!

19 hours ago, PolarisExists said:

the main issue I've had with KerbalX to date has been both 503/504 errors and the lack of an easy means by which to search for craft created with specific mods.

A very quick way to search for craft using a single mod: https://kerbalx.com/mods , which can be found through the About page. Click on any of the mods listed, and you get a full list of all craft in which that one specific mod has been identified.

If you want to search on a set of mods (eg. your current mod setup), first create a 'mod pack' (basically a list of mods - you can create multiple and save them for easy reference), then click the mod filter button on the top right, and 'load  mod pack'. Voila, a selection of craft that will work with that mod setup. You can also filter whether to show craft using ONLY those mods, or AT LEAST those mods (include). And btw, that information is CKAN-fueled.

t5GIn1g.png

Edited by swjr-swis

On 3/10/2023 at 12:08 PM, swjr-swis said:

A very quick way to search for craft using a single mod: https://kerbalx.com/mods , which can be found through the About page. Click on any of the mods listed, and you get a full list of all craft in which that one specific mod has been identified.

If you want to search on a set of mods (eg. your current mod setup), first create a 'mod pack' (basically a list of mods - you can create multiple and save them for easy reference), then click the mod filter button on the top right, and 'load  mod pack'. Voila, a selection of craft that will work with that mod setup. You can also filter whether to show craft using ONLY those mods, or AT LEAST those mods (include). And btw, that information is CKAN-fueled.

t5GIn1g.png

Ah, thank you for the information!