KerbalX.com - Craft & Mission Sharing

katateochi

On 10/10/2016 at 0:16 AM, katateochi said:

It should be ok, in that's largely unaffected by KSP updates, unless they change the fundamental way cfg files are structured. I shall look into that though. 
I'm a bit incapacitated at present, spent the weekend upgrading my PC and it's been quite a mission, still not got coding env setup yet, but give me a day or two and I'll sort it.

Update: I re-ran the PartMapper on build 1576, and it was able to upload the data without error. After reuploading the craft with the size0 heatshield it is now correctly identified as stock. So all's well now.

28 minutes ago, Denko666 said:

Is there a Linux version of the partmapper? 

Yes, but it's not straight forward. You need to have Ruby installed and the follow the instructions at the bottom of this page to create a single script file which can then be run in much the same way.
Next release will have that script file included so you don't have to build it, but it will still require ruby installed to run. 

22 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

Update: I re-ran the PartMapper on build 1576, and it was able to upload the data without error. After reuploading the craft with the size0 heatshield it is now correctly identified as stock. So all's well now.

oh....that's kinda odd! But nice one, I was actually about to go and manually set that part up as a quick a dirty fix so things are ready for the impending release, so you've saved me having to do that. Still would like to know why it failed, maybe the previous build had something odd in the cfg file for it. 

The KerbalX Mod is ready for testing! 
I've sent a couple PM's out to a couple guys who said they wanted to help test it, but if anyone else would like to help out with testing that would be great. Either PM me or leave a message here and I'll send you instructions. 
The test build will be using the staging server so uploads with it won't go to KerbalX.com (and won't cause any problems on the main site if something goes wrong!).  

Welp, i guess theres a problem... whenever i try to upload a craft it now says that i´m in the process of uploading another craft (which im not). If i hit 'finish uploading' it sends me to an 500 error page... Already tried deleting cookies and cache, log out and log in, restarting webbrowser, using another browser, it does not work

57 minutes ago, rudi1291 said:

Sorry, didn´t help... same thing happened again. Might be the craft... 

@rudi1291, I tried the craft. I got an error when trying to upload it as downloaded, warning about a ASCII to UTF-8 conversion error of the character 0xC2. This made me suspect the description field - the description field is handled very weirdly by KSP and needs conversion before it can be read/uploaded correctly. I checked, you do have a very long description field on this one. I deleted it entirely, and it uploaded without a problem right away.

My suggestion, copy the text of the description for now to some place, upload the craft with an empty description field, then edit it into the web page directly.

When @katateochi checks this evening he can then see which specific character included in your description (or maybe it's the length) is causing the problem, and I'm sure he'll be able to fix or check for it in a patched version.

Just now, swjr-swis said:

warning about a ASCII to UTF-8 conversion error of the character 0xC2

Just now, swjr-swis said:

the inclined apostrophe

That makes sense, well spotted! Should be an easy fix. 
@rudi1291 in the meanwhile if you take the apostrophe out you should be able to upload it. Or just to be sure, remove the whole description and then upload it. Then you can paste the description into the page once it's uploaded. Sorry about the glitch, should have it fixed properly soon. 

On 26/10/2016 at 1:48 AM, Vinhero100 said:

It's great, but I would love to be able to just directly copy screenshots into the page you post your craft on.

I like this idea. At least being able to select one for the thumbnail image.

14 minutes ago, Vinhero100 said:

I cant change the thumbnail, and it's a bad picture

On the website itself, go to the craft page, click Edit Craft at the top, then again at the top click on the small version of the thumbnail, and it will offer you the option to replace it with one of the other pics you uploaded - including any individual pics from imgur albums.

Edited by swjr-swis

@katateochi thanks for choosing my craft for the dev's pick hangar and thanks for the comments too. it means a lot to me to have my craft chosen for something like this. 

thanks for making KX what is today 

-JWOC 

Thanks @JWOC! That Nimitz Recovery ship is epic.

There is a current problem with imgur albums on the site.  It seems that imgur is now blocking albums. Not sure why, but I'm guessing it's because I've stuck with the old format and now they're clamping down on that. I really don't like being forced to use the new imgur albums, I don't like them and they don't play nicely with KX's flexible page layout.  So what I'm planning to do is write my own album style page element which will use the imgur API to fetch the images for an album id and then provide a album like interface for scrolling through images. That actually has some advantages in that I'll have better control over the width/height relationship and will be able to add in some nice transition effects.  Anyway, that's going to be my project for this weekend, so hopefully I'll have a fix for this by next week.

37 minutes ago, Program Kerbal Space said:

How do I edit my ship I posted because I made a mistake on my plane but idk how to edit it.

If you want to update a craft which you've already uploaded and the updated craft file has the same name, then you just need to upload it like normal. The site will see that it's name matches one of your craft and will ask you if you want to update the existing craft.  If you select to update it will just update the craft file and rescan the craft for parts, but won't alter the page so any pictures/text you've added will remain. 
If the name on the updated craft file has been changed since you uploaded it, then you can also click on your craft and then click edit on at the top of the page.  Then upload the updated craft file from there and again the site will ask if you want to update the current craft.

Now there's also a third way if you use the new KerbalX Mod, with that you can update the craft from in the VAB/SPH

1 minute ago, katateochi said:

If you want to update a craft which you've already uploaded and the updated craft file has the same name, then you just need to upload it like normal. The site will see that it's name matches one of your craft and will ask you if you want to update the existing craft.  If you select to update it will just update the craft file and rescan the craft for parts, but won't alter the page so any pictures/text you've added will remain. 
If the name on the updated craft file has been changed since you uploaded it, then you can also click on your craft and then click edit on at the top of the page.  Then upload the updated craft file from there and again the site will ask if you want to update the current craft.

Now there's also a third way if you use the new KerbalX Mod, with that you can update the craft from in the VAB/SPH

thx!

On 22/10/2016 at 4:05 PM, rudi1291 said:

Welp, i guess theres a problem... whenever i try to upload a craft it now says that i´m in the process of uploading another craft (which im not). If i hit 'finish uploading' it sends me to an 500 error page... Already tried deleting cookies and cache, log out and log in, restarting webbrowser, using another browser, it does not work

On 22/10/2016 at 7:07 PM, katateochi said:

That makes sense, well spotted! Should be an easy fix. 
@rudi1291 in the meanwhile if you take the apostrophe out you should be able to upload it. Or just to be sure, remove the whole description and then upload it. Then you can paste the description into the page once it's uploaded. Sorry about the glitch, should have it fixed properly soon. 

Pretty much the same thing. I get thrown the same error, and now that I know where it's coming from, I can't fix it because the craft if stuck somewhere in the pipeline. Also, it appears to have borked out the page for the craft I was updating, while it was at it, since I get the same error trying to open it. Help, and I promise to never again try uploading a ship with a description? :rolleyes:

The affected ship page is the Orca's, here.

Rune. Thanks in advance for any help!