KerbalX.com - Craft & Mission Sharing

katateochi

22 minutes ago, Rune said:

Pretty much the same thing. I get thrown the same error, and now that I know where it's coming from, I can't fix it because the craft if stuck somewhere in the pipeline. Also, it appears to have borked out the page for the craft I was updating, while it was at it, since I get the same error trying to open it. Help, and I promise to never again try uploading a ship with a description? :rolleyes:

The affected ship page is the Orca's, here.

Rune. Thanks in advance for any help!

Sorry Rune! I hope to have a fix for this bug this weekend, I'm just working on fixing the broken imgur albums first.

In the meanwhile I've cleared out the borked craft for you so you should be able to upload/update again (just without descriptions in the craft files).  Once I get a fix in place then descriptions will be ok again. 

1 hour ago, katateochi said:

Sorry Rune! I hope to have a fix for this bug this weekend, I'm just working on fixing the broken imgur albums first.

In the meanwhile I've cleared out the borked craft for you so you should be able to upload/update again (just without descriptions in the craft files).  Once I get a fix in place then descriptions will be ok again. 

Thanks a lot for the quick response! Take your time fixing it, and you know, thanks for all the fish. :)

Edit: apparently you cleared the broken buffer panel, but there is still something fishy going on with the craft I was updating, and its page is still broken (https://kerbalx.com/Rune/SSTO-Mk-LXXVII-Orca). I've uploaded a copy under a different name without issues, but you know, when you have the time, that's a thing that happens sometimes.

Rune. That was quick!

Edited by Rune

The issue with craft descriptions should now be fixed....i think.

KX now has it's own album style which can work with either imgur albums or with a custom set of images.  You can add imgur albums in exactly the same way as before (with imgur tags) and you can now use an [album] tag and put collections of image urls (from any image host) into them and have those images displayed as an album.  Albums also have an autoscroll setting so they automatically change every ten seconds.  There's also an album helper which will add the appropriate tags set the autoscroll option if you want it.  Just drag the "album" container type from the top of the craft edit page to where you want it.  See the dev blog for more info.

I'm working on updating existing craft that have broken imgur albums to the new format, but that will take a while as there is a limit to how many API requests I can make to imgur per hour.

Also, there's a small update to the mod

4 hours ago, katateochi said:

KX now has it's own album style which can work with either imgur albums or with a custom set of images.  You can add imgur albums in exactly the same way as before (with imgur tags) and you can now use an [album] tag and put collections of image urls (from any image host) into them and have those images displayed as an album.  Albums also have an autoscroll setting so they automatically change every ten seconds.

I tried both, and they work a treat! The album tag in particular helped to split some imgur albums I have that contains pics of more than one craft I uploaded. Very handy and very appreciated.

Small bug report: when adding a new album tag (not sure if it also happens using the helper, haven't tried that one), initially the frame will be a very thin bar. This can be corrected by dragging or setting the frame to 'autoheight'. I usually let autoheight do it, but I noticed that the first time I select that, when the page is saved, the frame will shrink vertically by a bit. Select autoheight again, and save, and then the frame size stays put.

Went through all my craft to update them to the new thingy, and add the autoscroll where applicable. Good stuff.

Edited by swjr-swis

2 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

Small bug report: when adding a new album tag (not sure if it also happens using the helper, haven't tried that one), initially the frame will be a very thin bar.

Yes this is an annoying issue.  It happens if there is a slight delay in fetching the image in which case autoheight fires before the images is loaded so it sets it to the minimum height.  If I add a delay to when autoheight fires then it gets clunky with regular text containers. I think I need to do something like feed the first image found in any container into a JS image object and bind an async on load method to it, that might work. needs more pondering.

Glad the rest of the album setup is working out.  I'm going to try get fetching of title and description info as well and will also add a link to take you to the full album on imgur (in the case of imgur albums). 

13 minutes ago, katateochi said:

If I add a delay to when autoheight fires then it gets clunky with regular text containers. I think I need to do something like feed the first image found in any container into a JS image object and bind an async on load method to it, that might work.

Good to know you already have an eye on it, but sounds like a lot of code complication to fix a rather minor issue, in my view. My vote is for a low prio, below the link to the full album and the title/description fetching.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Program Kerbal Space said:

How I change the main thumbnail of the craft? Because i didn't understand what you said.

Go to the craft you want to change (go to https://kerbalx.com/Program_Kerbal_Space/craft and click the on whichever of your craft you want to change), then on the craft's page, at the top, click "Edit Craft". When you're on the edit page there is a toolbar at the top and pretty much in the middle there will be a small image showing the current thumbnail. Click on that and you should get a dialog popup and from there you can pic one of the other pics you've used on the craft's page.  It can take a while for the change in thumbnail to appear because of caching. Hope that helps!

19 hours ago, katateochi said:

Go to the craft you want to change (go to https://kerbalx.com/Program_Kerbal_Space/craft and click the on whichever of your craft you want to change), then on the craft's page, at the top, click "Edit Craft". When you're on the edit page there is a toolbar at the top and pretty much in the middle there will be a small image showing the current thumbnail. Click on that and you should get a dialog popup and from there you can pic one of the other pics you've used on the craft's page.  It can take a while for the change in thumbnail to appear because of caching. Hope that helps!

Thx! It worked!

1 hour ago, erasmusguy said:

Any chance of a share button to social media site's like twitter?

That is something I've had on my todo list, I'm just a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to social media! I've also not had much time recently for adding new features to the site, but I will get to it. 

Congrats to @Azimech for having uploaded 200 craft to the site! He's currently the top uploader.  Check out his celebratory 200th craft - https://kerbalx.com/Azimech/77I--200
And check out his other craft if you've not already, extremely good designs and really nicely made craft.  

On 07/12/2016 at 8:18 AM, slubman said:

When updating a craft, are the details updated ?

I updated one of my craft, one of the change was the root part. However on KerbalX the rootpart is still being shown as the one in the previous version.

Yes, the details should get updated when you upload and updated version. But it doesn't update the content of the craft's page (because I felt that reprocessing the page might mess up any custom layout that folk had done).  If you click on the details tab at the top, that should show the correct up-to-date info about the updated craft, but the details section on the page won't have changed. To make that change edit the page and click on the details section, then just add a space after the existing text (so it registers a change to content) and then save the page. That should update the auto generated details info on the page. 

8 hours ago, katateochi said:

Yes, the details should get updated when you upload and updated version. But it doesn't update the content of the craft's page (because I felt that reprocessing the page might mess up any custom layout that folk had done).  If you click on the details tab at the top, that should show the correct up-to-date info about the updated craft, but the details section on the page won't have changed. To make that change edit the page and click on the details section, then just add a space after the existing text (so it registers a change to content) and then save the page. That should update the auto generated details info on the page. 

Yes it does work. In fact the issue was on my side, my modifications were not saved on disk. When updating the craft, the details are updated.

@katateochi, I have a question for a possible feature on the site.  Would it be possible to add a "Download all craft files in this hanger"-type button?  That way someone could more easily (and quickly) download multiple craft files without wading through dozens of craft pages to download them one at a time.

Another benefit this would provide is being able to group a category of craft into a single download.  So for example if it takes 5 components to assemble an interplanetary ship in space, and each component is mounted on a lifter as an individual download, this ensures the downloaders don't miss a component.

And of course, thanks for your continued administration of the site. :)

On 12/12/2016 at 1:34 AM, Raptor9 said:

Would it be possible to add a "Download all craft files in this hanger"-type button?

I've not added that so far because it's slightly more complicated than it first appears. The plan is to have a download all which will package all the craft in a hangar into a zip file, but if a hangar has lots of craft it can be quite a memory heavy action to select all of the craft from the DB. So I'll probably need to make creating the zip a background process (which has the downside of making it slower for the requesting user, but the advantage of being a discrete process that won't impact on the rest of the site). 

On 12/12/2016 at 5:17 AM, Fireheart318 said:

Can we have a save-submission service, please? I'd love to give people this rover parkour course I'm working on!

This is something I'd like to add, but it's quite a big feature so may not happen for a while. Saves can also potentially be much larger than craft files so I'll probably need a different approach to handling them.  

erm....I've kinda suffered from a work induced code burn out this last month. Can't bring myself to even look at code at the moment, so sorry for the lack of development on KX recently. It happens and I'll get over it, but right now I'm taking a bit of a break from code related things. But these are all good feature requests and things I want to add, so they will happen, just not right away. 

Edited by katateochi

katateochi, As much as I hate to say it, you need to remove the eucl3d links from Kerbalx as this is but part of a message on their homepage: " It is unfortunate that we have to announce this but Eucl3D is closing its doors to any further sales. "

59 minutes ago, canisd said:

katateochi, As much as I hate to say it, you need to remove the eucl3d links from Kerbalx as this is but part of a message on their homepage: " It is unfortunate that we have to announce this but Eucl3D is closing its doors to any further sales. "

Sad that they had to close. They mention they'll be open sourcing their solution though, that gives some hope.

1 hour ago, canisd said:

Ah, that is a pity. Thanks for letting me know. I should have time to make that change tomorrow. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/01/2017 at 2:24 PM, DiegoZ said:

Hi all and best wishes for the new year :kiss: is there a way to upload craft larger than 5 MB?

Regards

wow 5MB! how many parts is that craft? and how many MB is it?  I didn't expect any craft to go much above 2-3MB.

wow 5MB! how many parts is that craft? and how many MB is it?  I didn't expect any craft to go much above 2-3MB.

Hello and thank you for quick answer :)

Craft is 732 pieces(5.31Mb) but I think the group actions are the culprits of the dimension(?):confused:

Thanks in advance:D

On 03/01/2017 at 5:12 PM, DiegoZ said:

Hello and thank you for quick answer :)

Craft is 732 pieces(5.31Mb) but I think the group actions are the culprits of the dimension(?):confused:

Thanks in advance:D

I've increased the upload size limit to 6MB. It's kept as low as possible to prevent spamming the site with large files that will hog the bandwidth.

I've increased the upload size limit to 6MB. It's kept as low as possible to prevent spamming the site with large files that will hog the bandwidth.

It works! Thank you so much :-D

I noticed that there's a limit to action groups(10),can you increase that too?Some of my ships arrive at 17.

Regards