katateochi

KerbalX.com - Craft & Mission Sharing

Recommended Posts

I agree with all of the above, including the minority report, but the thing I most want to say now is how very, very grateful I am for this news and I wish you all the best proceeding forward.

I will contact katateochi personally to express my gratitude.

Hotel26

Edited by Hotel26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @Hotel26
Yes, down-voting is going to be removed. That will come in the next release, but as @swjr-swis said there isn't an ETA on that right now.
I've been kinda absent these last few months. My accident forced me to take a break and I then realised that I really needed to take a break, from everything. I'm sorry that I didn't say anything and just stepped out the door for a bit! I've just started getting back into tech and code, so the work on KX will get going again.

The moderation team has done a fantastic job of keeping the content in order and dealing with community issues, and I'm really grateful to the team for enabling me to just step out and know that the site was in good hands. Thanks guys!

So yeah, I'm getting back into things, and will start posting updates before too long I hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, anybody known what purpose of blocking Russian IP's by kerbalx.com? I was check it from two different providers, both times has message "connection refused\aborted" and finally open it only over germany vpn server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, azhestov said:

Hi, anybody known what purpose of blocking Russian IP's by kerbalx.com? I was check it from two different providers, both times has message "connection refused\aborted" and finally open it only over germany vpn server.

There is no blocking of any IPs by KerbalX, none that I have set. But KerbalX does use CloudFlare which does attempt to prevent potentially malicious requests.  But I'm not aware that cloudflare does anything like block a whole country,  it's more like throttle a range of IPs if they seem 'attacky'. 
Is there any chance that KerbalX could be being blocked by your ISPs? (I've not idea why, just wondering).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2019 at 8:01 PM, Lisias said:

I have a feature request. :)

Would be possible to to have "versions" of the crafts uploaded on the same entry, one for each KSP version?

or somehow make transparent that two crafts are the same, and then the user could easily switch to the one compatible with his KSP?

(this last option would make things easier to Craftmanager)

I running challenges and missions in 3 different KSP versions, and most of the craft are essentially the same with only minor tweaks dedicated to the hosting KSP.

I get it - and I like it.

Upload a craft, and two versions appear - one with it just the way it was uploaded, and another with all non-essential modules removed - like modulePartInfo; remoteTech etc.

Just need it to strip them out - leaving the parts, and mods (like TweakScale) that are needed....

would make .craft files much more accessible and usable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2020 at 2:59 AM, katateochi said:

There is no blocking of any IPs by KerbalX, none that I have set. But KerbalX does use CloudFlare which does attempt to prevent potentially malicious requests.  But I'm not aware that cloudflare does anything like block a whole country,  it's more like throttle a range of IPs if they seem 'attacky'. 
Is there any chance that KerbalX could be being blocked by your ISPs? (I've not idea why, just wondering).

 

I wrote - “I checked this with two different providers” with the same result. I know about the insanity of our Internet regulation and check the ip \ domains list blocked by the government of the Russian Federation. So it looks like a Cloudflare block. But other sites on Cloudflare still work. As I know, Cloudflare settings have DDoS protection, which can be fully automatic or manually configured. If you don’t block IP ranges manually, it might be worth asking for cloudflare support, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What the ___  is this? 

Airship Pirates KSP Modpack

Why is BDArmory showing up on KerbalX as belonging to some TRASH modpack?

Edited by TheKurgan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheKurgan said:

What the ___  is this? 

Airship Pirates KSP Modpack

Why is BDArmory showing up on KerbalX as belonging to some TRASH modpack?

From what I've seen, it's because the KerbalX code tries to auto-identify parts and match them with the mods it has indexed before, and it can only match parts to one mod. When the exact same parts are used in more than one indexed mod(pack), whichever comes up first while matching will end up listed on the craft page mod list. I guess alphabetically, that modpack gets matched before BD armory? Or it may just be the last mod(pack) it matched gets to be The One from that point on.

The real source of the issue is of course that someone has released a modpack that bundles BD Armory with BDDMP (some multiplayer plugin, I presume?), likely against BDArmory licensing, and placed it on a dropbox for download. People (maybe just that one person, it only needs one) have then used it in their craft then uploaded it to KerbalX, and the KX code then does its thing and indexes the mod it didn't know of before.... and now the BD Armory parts are getting matched with that modpack on craft pages that use BD Armory parts.

I'm not sure if @katateochi can do something on the site to prevent this from happening, without crippling the site's part/mod auto-indexing, and forcing manual updates for new parts and mods from that point on.

Unfortunately, it's not up to KerbalX to issue take down notices for potentially license-breaking mod(pack)s; that's up to mod authors.

The mod pack in question got itself listed in CKAN. I don't know if the admins of that can track back who published/listed it.

 

This is the only reference I could find, on archive.org: https://archive.org/details/APModpack-0.1.0

It mentions some names. Not sure it that helps in addressing whoever shared that pack.

Edited by swjr-swis
old link found

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2020 at 5:33 PM, TheKurgan said:

What the ___  is this? 

Airship Pirates KSP Modpack

Why is BDArmory showing up on KerbalX as belonging to some TRASH modpack?

Sorry for the delay in replying to this.
KerbalX uses a learning system to work out what parts belong to which mod and sometimes it learns the wrong thing. So sorry for that, and I'm looking into fixing the knowledge base to correct the error.
As @swjr-swis said, the cause of the problem is that a mod pack was added to CKAN. KerbalX uses CKAN's listings to find out about mods and so this mod pack ended up being assigned parts that belong to BDA.  I will stop this mod pack from being used in the mod discovery process, but you will need to take it up with CKAN to get it removed from there.  

Please, in the future, it would be helpful if you could provide more information when submitting an issue, just like is required with any mod bug report. 
And please understand that in these times some of us are under immense pressure at work, and so a request that starts with "What the ___  is this?" is going to get dropped to the bottom of my job list.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies, was having a bad day... I guess being cooped up like this for weeks is driving me a little nutz... I put zero thought into that request before I mindlessly submitted it.

Thanks for looking into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

Apologies, was having a bad day... I guess being cooped up like this for weeks is driving me a little nutz... I put zero thought into that request before I mindlessly submitted it.

Thanks for looking into it.

Hey, no worries. yeah, these strange times are getting to us all in different ways! 
So I think that should now be corrected. The parts that had been listed under airship pirates mod pack have been reassigned to BD Armory Continued. 

Having poked around BDA related parts I've now got a question that you might be able to answer. There is now BDArmory and BD Armory Continued.  Has the latter completely replaced the original and if so have all the parts from BD Armory been moved to BD Armory Continued?  KerbalX still thinks there are a number of parts (37) that belong to BD Armory.  
Have a look here https://kerbalx.com/mods/bdarmory and click the show parts link in the top right to see the list of parts. Do you think any of those should now be listed under BD Armory Continued (https://kerbalx.com/mods/bdarmorycontinued)
There are also some other mods (ie https://kerbalx.com/mods/bdarmoryfps) which have some parts that start with the 'baha' prefix.  Are they incorrectly filed? 

Let me know if anything else needs fixing.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, katateochi said:

KerbalX uses CKAN's listings to find out about mods and so this mod pack ended up being assigned parts that belong to BDA.  I will stop this mod pack from being used in the mod discovery process, but you will need to take it up with CKAN to get it removed from there.

As far as I can tell, CKAN doesn't install any of the bundled BDArmory files; a "depends" relationship was used instead:

The only thing this mod installs is its BDDMP.dll file, which as I understand it can't contain parts. Does KerbalX's mod analysis code handle "install" properties? Maybe it needs some tweaks to account for the defaulting behavior...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, katateochi said:

Has the latter completely replaced the original and if so have all the parts from BD Armory been moved to BD Armory Continued?

Yes, BUT those craft files are referencing BDA parts that have been depreciated, and re-worked or replaced.

Any part that is showing as belonging to just "BDArmory" is an old part that has been renamed due to their function/capabilities changing.

BDArmory FPS doesn't exist anymore, I believe it was replaced by SMI_SmallArms, but even that is gone now, and no longer available to download.

 

Parts with the baha prefix still remain the same AFAIK... for example:

// --- general parameters ---
name = bahaFlirBall
module = Part
author = BahamutoD

@katateochi and @HebaruSan

Thanks much for looking into this, your services are of supreme importance and value to this community.

/salute 

Edited by TheKurgan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/14/2020 at 8:28 AM, HebaruSan said:

@katateochi, an attempted fix for the above metadata parsing issue is submitted here:

I'm not able to run a complete pass of it, so I added some fairly extensive rspec test cases (that seem to work as intended). Please let me know if you notice anything amiss with the total package.

Thanks for doing this @HebaruSan, and sorry I've taken a while to even get to replying you. I've not had time to look at your pull request yet, but now I've got a site update out of the way this is next on my list.

 

Site Updated - 1.5.0

Just release an update which has been a very long time in the making (rather delayed by getting injured!).

3 Main Points
1) A new feature "Craft Versions" lets you create a new version of an existing craft, rather than updating and replacing the current one.  So when you update a craft (ie for a new version of KSP) you don't have to overwrite the previous one and can link the new upload to the old one as a new version.  Another use for this feature is if you want to upload several variations on a design; ie a mod and a stock version of a craft.  Read more about it here https://kerbalx.com/help/craft_versions

2) Email verification. Not something that I wanted to add as it's just another step to starting to use the site. But there has been a number of fake/spam accounts cropping up so to combat that users must verify their email address.  Also it is no longer possible to sign up to the site with disposable email addresses. Existing users who have already uploaded craft will be able to continue uploading and posting without verifying, but you will get a weekly reminder to do so.  New users or users who've not posted craft yet will need to verify their email before posting anything (this includes posting changes to your profile page, as that was how some spammers where putting spam content up).
I hope this doesn't cause anyone any issues, but if you have trouble with the verification process please let me know!

3) Downvotes are being phased out. You can no longer downvote craft.  Although the downvote arrow remains for now, but that's just so downvoters can see a message about the phase out.  In the next update they will be gone completely along with downvotes for comments (which you can still do).

Aside from that there's been a few tweaks and minor fixes, but nothing note worthy.

 

Edited by katateochi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We appreciate your continued dedication to the site @katateochi. Hope you recover from your injury soon if you haven't already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, katateochi said:

1) A new feature "Craft Versions" lets you create a new version of an existing craft, rather than updating and replacing the current one.  So when you update a craft (ie for a new version of KSP) you don't have to overwrite the previous one and can link the new upload to the old one as a new version.  Another use for this feature is if you want to upload several variations on a design; ie a mod and a stock version of a craft.  Read more about it here https://kerbalx.com/help/craft_versions

 

This is amazing. What  a great addition! Your dedication to the site is really appreciated. I also think it is a very well laid-out site with access to all sorts of interesting stats, sort options and additional information.  The whole package is just stellar.

 

I've got a new (and silly-of course) rocket that I can now upload in three colour schemes, so I will give it a go right now.

Edited by Klapaucius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any way to simply have a group and not have both versions displaying on the main page? I want folks to go to my primary page and then see there is a second version. I don't want them to see version 2 first, especially since that means I need to redo all the text. Right now, the second version shows on the main page. It would be nice to be able to turn that off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Klapaucius said:

Is there any way to simply have a group and not have both versions displaying on the main page? I want folks to go to my primary page and then see there is a second version. I don't want them to see version 2 first, especially since that means I need to redo all the text. Right now, the second version shows on the main page. It would be nice to be able to turn that off.

That's how it should work. Only 1 member from a version group will be shown in the search/front-page results. Which one is shown is down to the order of the versions and which search filters are active. 
So with your Squire-Submarine-Passenger-Plane, the 1.9.1 version is shown on the front page, To change that, go and re-order the versions making the 1.4.5 one the top of the list. That would be a bit different to intended use, as I'd expect the most recent version to be the top of the list (larger version number) and in that case, neither would appear on the front page, because the 1.4.5 one is so much older.  But if you did that, then on your crafts page (https://kerbalx.com/Klapaucius/craft) only the 1.4.5 version would be shown, albeit a little ways down the list, and the 1.9.1 version wouldn't appear at all.

Re redoing the text. Next release will have the ability to copy the page from one craft onto another...but right now you can do something. Craft versions has a optional "Shared page" feature which enables all the craft in the group to share the same page content (and changes to one are made to all).  If you go to the older 1.4.5 craft and enable the shared page option from there, it will overwrite the page of the 1.9.1 craft. Just make sure to do it that way round (if you enabled it from the 1.9.1 craft it will overwrite the page for the 1.4.5 version).  Once you've enabled it, you can either leave it so both craft share the same page, or you could disable it right away, which will leave the 1.9.1 craft with a copy of the 1.4.5 craft's page which you can then change without effecting the content on the 1.4.5 version. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see that so far there have been a few email verification requests that have failed to be delivered. Either because the address used to sign up was entered incorrectly or because the mailbox for that address is full/otherwise not accepting mail. 
So make sure your email is entered correctly in the settings page https://kerbalx.com/settings and make sure you're able to receive mail. 

At least if you're still logged in you can change your email address in settings. If you're logged out and your account has the wrong address then you can't recover your password and sadly I can't really do much to help. But if that is the case contact me via the forums and I'll see what I can do (if it's a case that the entered email is wrong by a single letter, typo, and you can also send me an email from the correct address then that may be enough to prove who you are! Might also quiz you about some things on your account)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, katateochi said:

That's how it should work. Only 1 member from a version group will be shown in the search/front-page results. Which one is shown is down to the order of the versions and which search filters are active. 
So with your Squire-Submarine-Passenger-Plane, the 1.9.1 version is shown on the front page, To change that, go and re-order the versions making the 1.4.5 one the top of the list. That would be a bit different to intended use, as I'd expect the most recent version to be the top of the list (larger version number) and in that case, neither would appear on the front page, because the 1.4.5 one is so much older.  But if you did that, then on your crafts page (https://kerbalx.com/Klapaucius/craft) only the 1.4.5 version would be shown, albeit a little ways down the list, and the 1.9.1 version wouldn't appear at all.

Re redoing the text. Next release will have the ability to copy the page from one craft onto another...but right now you can do something. Craft versions has a optional "Shared page" feature which enables all the craft in the group to share the same page content (and changes to one are made to all).  If you go to the older 1.4.5 craft and enable the shared page option from there, it will overwrite the page of the 1.9.1 craft. Just make sure to do it that way round (if you enabled it from the 1.9.1 craft it will overwrite the page for the 1.4.5 version).  Once you've enabled it, you can either leave it so both craft share the same page, or you could disable it right away, which will leave the 1.9.1 craft with a copy of the 1.4.5 craft's page which you can then change without effecting the content on the 1.4.5 version. 

 

Thanks. After I posted that I got my head around it a little better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, callsignblaze said:

Are there any banned mods you cant upload to kerbalx?

You can't upload any mods to KerbalX - it's only for uploading craft files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very embarrassed to ask this question about Hangars -- I've just added a craft to a different Hangar in order to reclassify it; but I can't see how to remove it from the Hangar it previously occupied.  I've seen Hangar craft removal referred to (once) in this thread, but no clue how.  Please do tell!!  (The embarrassment will wear off, but never the gratitude!)  Arigatou.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.