KerbalX.com - Craft & Mission Sharing

katateochi

7 hours ago, Hotel26 said:

I've just added a craft to a different Hangar in order to reclassify it; but I can't see how to remove it from the Hangar it previously occupied.

I suspect that the change to remove downvotes has inadvertently affected the 'Remove from this hangar' slide-up field at the bottom right corner of the craft thumbnails, right next to the voting arrows.

It's just barely visible right now, you have to hover right at the bottom edge and it won't slide up to become readable. But when clicked, it will ask if you wish to remove the craft from the hangar.

1 hour ago, swjr-swis said:

I suspect that the change to remove downvotes has inadvertently affected the 'Remove from this hangar' slide-up field at the bottom right corner of the craft thumbnails, right next to the voting arrows.

It's just barely visible right now, you have to hover right at the bottom edge and it won't slide up to become readable. But when clicked, it will ask if you wish to remove the craft from the hangar.

oh, huh. yep, bug, will fix.  I'd not noticed that one, thanks for bringing it up

3 hours ago, Random Annoying Guy said:

One bad thing, when i sort by rover i keep seeing those cars and tanks.

With the "Rover" filter on, that will bring you most things on wheels/tracks so it won't filter out cars and tanks (and yes, there are more of those than I ever expected). But you can try and mess around with some of the other filters AND some of the sort options.
For example, click the "more filters" button (near the top on the right) and then in the section that brings in, click on "Science Parts", to add in another set of filters for science parts. Then click on "Any" (ie craft which have any of the science parts). That cuts down on the cars and tanks and then also use the "Sort" options (right side, just above the results) and click on "Popularity". So you're then filtering for Rovers, with any science parts, sorted by popularity. That results in a different set of craft, which are much less tanky and more rovery.
Here's a link that will set those filters and sort options for you http://kerbalx.com/?search=~rover ~any_sci ~include ~by:popularity ~all_time
You could also try using the crew capacity filter or some of the other sort-by options (there are more of those if you click the little + on the right of the sort options.)

Just now, katateochi said:

With the "Rover" filter on, that will bring you most things on wheels/tracks so it won't filter out cars and tanks (and yes, there are more of those than I ever expected). But you can try and mess around with some of the other filters AND some of the sort options.
For example, click the "more filters" button (near the top on the right) and then in the section that brings in, click on "Science Parts", to add in another set of filters for science parts. Then click on "Any" (ie craft which have any of the science parts). That cuts down on the cars and tanks and then also use the "Sort" options (right side, just above the results) and click on "Popularity". So you're then filtering for Rovers, with any science parts, sorted by popularity. That results in a different set of craft, which are much less tanky and more rovery.
Here's a link that will set those filters and sort options for you http://kerbalx.com/?search=~rover ~any_sci ~include ~by:popularity ~all_time
You could also try using the crew capacity filter or some of the other sort-by options (there are more of those if you click the little + on the right of the sort options.)

I was making a joke but ok

• 1 month later...

@Hangdog should be fixed now. (I remembered, I wasn't sure if Squad was going to stick with conventional versioning when they went from 1.9.x to the next, so I'd capped the allow list of versions at 1.9.x. So it wasn't excepting 1.10.0 as an allowed version).  
Hope that hasn't confused too many folk into trying to load an older version of KXAPI. Thanks for bringing this up!

The current version of Craft Manager and KXAPI seem to be working normally in 1.10.0

5 hours ago, HB Stratos said:

Just a suggestion: give KerbalX the ability to handle crafts bundled with custom flags. They are becoming quite a big thing in the replica community now so it would be great if there was native support for them.

Do you mean for the new decal parts in 1.10, or just flags in general? I've not had a chance to look at how the decals in 1.10 work yet. 
I would like to do this, but images can be a bit of an awkward area. If I host them then it costs me, not a lot per image, but it's cumulative (I currently spent about $12 USD on image hosting per month as it is, on top of around $60 USD per month for main hosting costs and donations to the site only just about cover it).
The other issue is that I'm effectively creating a place where anyone can put an image....and that becomes a whole can of worms if someone ever decided to put, shall we say, less than appropriate, images (so everything posted would need moderation).  The other solution is to push those problems onto an image hosting site like imgur but handle the upload through KX via imgur's API, but that API has usage limits and they get twitchy if they think you're hosting primary content on their site (a while back they blocked KerbalX for that reason because I was using them to store the craft thumbnails).  So it's not a straightforward thing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2020 at 3:50 AM, katateochi said:

Do you mean for the new decal parts in 1.10, or just flags in general? I've not had a chance to look at how the decals in 1.10 work yet. 
I would like to do this, but images can be a bit of an awkward area.

+1 for finding a way of dealing with the easy sharing of files here. I've seen similar discussion on the reddit channel too, and have had some thoughts that I hope might help:

1. The most effective way of dealing with decals seems to be to treat them like a mod (and this in turn may imply that CKAN should be involved here), i.e. store them in a subfolder (of any name) within GameData, in a further folder named "Flags", to allow them to be more easily filed. This allows some separation of flags into groups, but we may not necessarily wish to encourage a new folder for every set of flags as this might rapidly become unmanageable. Nomenclature of the decals is important when selecting them in game, and to ease categorisation and avoid overlap so we should probably seek to encourage people to use a "category_name.png" nomenclature in their designs, e.g. USAirForceFont_A.png - and we may even have a way of controlling/enforcing this (see later).

2. All decals are required to be identically sized (512*256 RGBA-encoded PNGs): this is helpful to us.

3. It is relatively straightforward to "mosaic" these decals automatically using, for example, imagemagick 

ls *.png >> names.txt
montage *.png -geometry 512x256 -tile 4x -alpha on -background transparent combined.png

(there is no particular need to tile them, but it does make the file look more attractive to me, particularly if people will be reviewing these, like a catalogue - and this may be the best use case for the KerbalX site)

To uncombine them:

convert combined.png -crop 512x256 +repage +adjoin temp_image_%d.png
awk -F, '{ system("mv -v temp_image_" FNR-1 ".png " $1) }' names.txt

(noting that the above command does destroy EDIT: now restores filenames - see #5)

4. A single image may be simpler to view/share/store, provided there is an easy facility for users to split: again is this a role for CKAN (or some other meta-mod), or could the montage/conversion be done on the KerbalX server side?

5. A secondary text file could be used to store the names of original filenames and this could be referenced in the splitting process. This is the point whereby we can also enforce a nomenclature standard, if we wish. Depending on the number of people sharing flags, this may be more or less important.

I hope some of these musings are helpful.

Edited by dnbattley
changes to code

Hiya katateochi,

Just uploaded an add on to a previous craft already published, the process worked great.

My question -  Do all alternate versions of a craft get published to the front page?

If I want to upload 5 different version of the same craft, will the site publish all 5 version on the front page?

Thanks!

@Kerbalwerks
Yes...and no! When you group craft together as versions of each other, only the "most relevant" one is shown on the front page.  "Most relevant" being the one with the highest version number (according to how you choose to sort them), which also matches whatever search filters are being used.  So say you upload two craft, one stock and one mod, and set the mod one as the latest version. Then if no search filters are used just the mod one will be shown. But if someone is searching for just stock craft then the stock one would become the most relevant and so it will be shown.
When someone clicks on any of them, they can then easily get to the other versions, via the link in the header where it says version x of y (and there's another link in the side panel).  You can also embed the version list on the page, to make it even more prominent, just add a new text box and put "[version_list]" into it (include the square brackets).  (have a look at one of my craft to see how that looks).

Part of the reason I added this feature was to cut down on having sets of almost identical craft all appearing on the front page at the same time.  

Edited by katateochi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello! So I Loaded Up KSP And Download craft on kerbalx.com

then download it via craft manager

And Yes I Do Use Craft Manager

then this happened

Error.png

Then after a few minutes

Error-2.png

Both KXAPI And Craft Manager Is The Latest For 1.10 Which is Version V1.2.0.

If You Wanna Check My Mods, Go to my signature then the mod list link

Edit: works fine now.

Edited by miguelsgamingch

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations with 6 years of KerbalX.com!

Thank you, @katateochi

For 6 years of hosting our craft and mission files, for tirelessly volunteering your time and resources in providing and maintaining this awesome community repository.

For allowing us a place to share and learn and help and enjoy.

2 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

Thank you, @katateochi

For 6 years of hosting our craft and mission files, for tirelessly volunteering your time and resources in providing and maintaining this awesome community repository.

For allowing us a place to share and learn and help and enjoy.

Hear!  Hear!

Loved the KerbalX banner!  As a grateful fan of KerbalX, I would love to cheat carefully maneuver such a thing into permanent orbit around the Mun in my 'Orbit' world.  It's beautiful and it must have taken some time (as well, of course, as the very professionally made video)!

Edited by Hotel26