KerbalX.com - Craft & Mission Sharing

katateochi

Just now, katateochi said:

The file you sent me actually looks fine, it just doesn't have the .craft file extension, but when I opened it up in a text editor it's content was correct.  Maybe the FF dev build has a glitch with not adding file extensions? 

Maybe. The odd thing is that it happens on some files and not others.

8 hours ago, qzgy said:

This one: https://kerbalx.com/PizzaThePanda/Panda-Aerospace-Fury-Mk1-A-BDA

I'm running Nightly Build 56.0a1, 64 Bit on Windows 10

6 hours ago, katateochi said:

The file you sent me actually looks fine, it just doesn't have the .craft file extension

Could the problem be caused by the double-quotes in the name of the craft? It looks like the name is cut off right at the point where the first one should be.

6 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

Could the problem be caused by the double-quotes in the name of the craft? It looks like the name is cut off right at the point where the first one should be.

What is the file name that you get when downloading that one? I get the full name "Panda Aerospace -Fury- Mk1-A BDA.craft" but the quotes get replaced with hyphens. 

2 hours ago, katateochi said:

What is the file name that you get when downloading that one? I get the full name "Panda Aerospace -Fury- Mk1-A BDA.craft" but the quotes get replaced with hyphens.

I got "Panda Aerospace .craft". This was on Windows 8.1, Firefox 54.0.1.

46 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

I got "Panda Aerospace .craft". This was on Windows 8.1, Firefox 54.0.1.

hmmm, actually I just tried in FF again and I just got "Panda Aerospace " (I must have just viewed the file from FF before, rather than saving it, opps). So yeah, firefox handles the filename differently, I'll have a look into that and make sure the name is getting sanitized properly first (ie non-OS friendly chars removed). 

• 2 weeks later...

@katateochi  Hey Kat, quick question...

I updated the main picture for one of my crafts, but the associated icon is still reflecting the old picture.  Is there a point in time when those refresh and update, or is there anything I can do to change it on my end?  ...do I have to completely delete the picture container?  I just updated the picture container link, and the icon didn't change.  For example:

https://kerbalx.com/XLjedi/Miss-Miggy

I was just changing a background image/color to differentiate between my "faction" folders.  I might also go back and want to update some of my blueprint backgrounds and would want the icons to update.

38 minutes ago, XLjedi said:

I updated the main picture for one of my crafts, but the associated icon is still reflecting the old picture.  Is there a point in time when those refresh and update, or is there anything I can do to change it on my end?

When you 'Edit Craft' on the page in question, the chosen thumbnail image is shown as a smal icon in the top, right next to the button to add a 'Description' container. Clicking on the icon will let you select one of the other images on the page (or of the albums) as a new thumbnail and listing image.

8 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

When you 'Edit Craft' on the page in question, the chosen thumbnail image is shown as a smal icon in the top, right next to the button to add a 'Description' container. Clicking on the icon will let you select one of the other images on the page (or of the albums) as a new thumbnail and listing image.

Thanks, it would seem like that would work... but when I try that the save doesn't take and it keeps reverting back to the old image.  Bug possibly?

3 minutes ago, XLjedi said:

Thanks, it would seem like that would work... but when I try that the save doesn't take and it keeps reverting back to the old image.  Bug possibly?

I just tried three separate times again... it works. You may need to reload the pages where the thumbnail shows for the image to update... but it does change.

11 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

I just tried three separate times again... it works. You may need to reload the pages where the thumbnail shows for the image to update... but it does change.

When I hit the save button on the edit screen the thumbnail just reverts back to the old image.  Presumably, on yours, when you change the thumb and then click save (or it autosaves) the little thumb image in the editor does not revert back, correct?

I might need @katateochi to take a look at this one.  

Edited by XLjedi

1 minute ago, XLjedi said:

When I hit the save button on the edit screen the thumbnail just reverts back to the old image.

Have you tried reload on the page, directly after (auto)saving? Seriously, try it. The same with the bigger thumbnail on the craft page listings.

You need to force a new request for the page, because otherwise it (not sure if the browser or the webserver) will think there is no change and the new thumbnail will not be fetched and shown.

Just now, swjr-swis said:

Have you tried reload on the page, directly after (auto)saving? Seriously, try it. The same with the bigger thumbnail on the craft page listings.

You need to force a new request for the page, because otherwise it (not sure if the browser or the webserver) will think there is no change and the new thumbnail will not be fetched and shown.

Yeah, I'm hitting the refresh... but it doesn't change.  Might be something wonky with my IE settings.

Do you see green or blue thumbnail for this:

https://kerbalx.com/XLjedi/Miss-Miggy

@XLjedi I'm also seeing a green thumbnail.
When you change the thumbnail it can sometimes not appear to change, but this is due to the browser caching the old image and not recognising that it's changed. I thought I'd sorted it so that the browser was instructed not to cache that image, but different browsers do things differently (and I have to confess to forgetting to check on what IE does sometimes!). If you think that an image should have changed, then try clearing your browsers cache (just the cached image and files will do) -> ctrl+shift+del (IE and chrome, FF too?) and then just tick the "temporary internet files and website files" in IE or "cached images and file" in chrome and that should make it show the true current state.

@katateochi  One other question...

How does your system set the order for my Hangars?   It does not appear to be alpha-numeric cuz I changed one to have a "zzz" sort prefix and it seems to have made no difference in the order.  I'd like to have my 3 faction hangars first, then my D/L and Favorties hangars... then whatever else.

Was thinking I might be able to control it by using sortable alpha-num prefixes, but doesn't seem to make a difference?

31 minutes ago, XLjedi said:

How does your system set the order for my Hangars?   It does not appear to be alpha-numeric

My guess: I think the order is set by the internal number it gives hangars when first created, similar to the numbers it assigns craft as they are first uploaded. Which would mean that changing the name won't reorder them, but you could delete and remake hangars in your newly desired order for it to 'take'.

@XLjedi Hangars are ordered so that (on your own hangars page) the first ones are your downloads and favourites hangars (as they as kinda special hangars).  The after that they are ordered by the number of craft in them, high to low. I'll have a think about making them sortable by custom criteria. 

8 minutes ago, katateochi said:

@XLjedi Hangars are ordered so that (on your own hangars page) the first ones are your downloads and favourites hangars (as they as kinda special hangars).  The after that they are ordered by the number of craft in them, high to low. I'll have a think about making them sortable by custom criteria. 

I see... I think my pref would be alpha-numeric sort as opposed to craft number, but if it's a lot of work...  it's not too high on my list of "must haves" anyway. 

On a side note, the new ranking options for Users is nice!  Gives me chance to be located after a month.

We just reached.....

20,000 craft on KerbalX!!

It didn't seem that long ago that we hit the 10k mark. This really pleases me guys, thanks for all your support of KerbalX and all the great craft you guys post that make the site what it is.

2 hours ago, katateochi said:

We just reached.....

20,000 craft on KerbalX!!

It didn't seem that long ago that we hit the 10k mark. This really pleases me guys, thanks for all your support of KerbalX and all the great craft you guys post that make the site what it is.

Thank you so much for all the hard work that you do to keep it running and with all the nice functions......We love it!

One other question/suggestion...   On more than one occasion, I've started to post a craft file and put a fair amount of links/pics/text, etc. into it before publishing.  ...and then I realize I need to update the craft file again before publishing and the system won't let me. :-(

It forces me to either publish the craft and change it, or delete everything and start over.  If I have followers, I would prefer not to hit them with 2 notices of my craft, initial posting and an immediate change.  So I would tend to delete and start over, which is a pain.

Maybe allow craft file edits/updates for unpublished craft similar to the published ones?  I'd also like to be able to have more than 1 unpublished craft, but not a huge deal.

On 18/08/2017 at 4:21 AM, Teilnehmer said:

There is an issue on the KerbalX.com. For instance, here, ‘Höllensturm’  became ‘H¶llensturm’.

I'll have a look at that. Craft names do get sanitized to make them url friendly, but what's happening there shouldn't happen!

On 18/08/2017 at 3:02 PM, XLjedi said:

It forces me to either publish the craft and change it, or delete everything and start over.

Yeah, that's definitely a design oversight. I'll make it so you can update a craft that's not yet been published.  I'm actually in the process of re-designing the whole upload process to reduce the load on the site, so I'll make sure that's covered in the update. (It's proving to be quite a tricky re-design, so it might be a couple weeks before that's released).

On 18/08/2017 at 3:02 PM, XLjedi said:

I'd also like to be able to have more than 1 unpublished craft, but not a huge deal.

The limit to unpublished craft is there to stop people using KerbalX as a private craft storage facility. I think some people would just use it to back their craft up without sharing them and that's kinda against what KX is about.