Esinohio's Blender farm

esinohio

Shut down for now.  Thanks so much for all the positive comments left here over the years.  I only picked up Blender in an effort to rehab my hand after an accident.  I've met so many great people here in this community during this process and will continue to enjoy all the wonder stuff you all manage to post in these fan works pages, just in lurk mode.

Edited by esinohio

Some more goings on. One is completely lacking textures while the other has a basic pass with some colors. Texturing for the exhaust cone and various pipes will come next along with getting the colors/metals done properly. That should make it pop a bit more. Maybe add some brackets here and there?

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Jeb rolling his Spaceplane out for a spin. Managed to get some blur/distortion behind the engine. Animating that was fun. Other shots show Jeb a bit closer in the cockpit with the open canopy, will work on getting one of those up soon.

HRSUUfN.png

Edited by esinohio

Started work on the LV-T30. Completely untextured currently. Also the exhaust cone needs a ton of work (More ridges, spacing issues resolved, and a generally longer and more cone shaped look) but the model is taking shape rather well I think.

I would love some advice from anyone in the know on the best way to tackle those ridges in the cone. Should I model them or maybe use a texture to achieve the ribbed surface look? Any and all advice is welcome!!!

hketnQi.png

Work continues on the LV-T30. Reworked exhaust cone. Added some scaring to the engine housing and exhaust cone. I think it might be to much on the housing, would love opinions. Tried out a ridged texture on the cone and I think that came out ok. More texturing to go!

N7FrtZI.png

A bit more texturing on the exhaust nozzle and engine housing. Gave the housing a scared and rusted look. The top plate has some odd streaking I'm working on loosing and the edges appear a bit to sharp in my opinion. Next comes work on the various pipes, the ID plaque on the front, and finally the upper connection housing. How is it looking?

fqrxJwj.png

Yet more texturing and we get the following. I have yet to slide the writing behind the rust on the plaque. Well, I had it done and was admiring the results and quickly learned a hard lesson using Blender... Crash! Save often. :D So here is a render before the writing was added.

Ci6b3K6.png

Did you see my recent render of that rocket engine I was working on? It has a striking similarity to your Rockomax, especially the stripes at the top. (I dunno, I guess we were thinking the same thing :P)

Awesome! Hey... where did you find that nice clean stripe? I wildly stabbed in the dark with Gimp to make some terrible stripes on my first one. Yours look much better than mine on that first render I think.

Awesome! Hey... where did you find that nice clean stripe? I wildly stabbed in the dark with Gimp to make some terrible stripes on my first one. Yours look much better than mine on that first render I think.

Easy, just use the ColorRamp and set the value to "Wave Texture".

Easy, just use the ColorRamp and set the value to "Wave Texture".

Thank you so much for that tip! I'm still learning and really enjoy getting those kinds of tips. So now of course I'm going to have to dive head long into that color ramp node documentation. :sticktongue: I should have a while ago, it's used all over.

Looks great (except the logo, which is occluding a third of Jool's beautiful "surface" :confused:). There are some (complicated) node setups out there that let you add a very nice glow effect to your planet. Or you can use Volume Scatter, your choice.

Looks great (except the logo, which is occluding a third of Jool's beautiful "surface" :confused:). There are some (complicated) node setups out there that let you add a very nice glow effect to your planet. Or you can use Volume Scatter, your choice.

I just used the compositer to add a slight glow to the planet. Think I should add more?

I just used the compositer to add a slight glow to the planet. Think I should add more?

Not a lot more to add to the scene. You should make the Jool texture more vibrant, as if there really were numerous gases floating about in layers.