Esinohio's Blender farm

esinohio

Made a first pass at making a Laythe type planet. Currently way to much land mass and a funky cloud gap near the equator is making things look odd. But for a first pass it isn't looking to horrible I don't think. Going to zoom in a bit next and increase the amount of ocean so it looks more in line with Laythe.

0Q9ymbz.png

After some reworking of the landmasses and bringing the camera in closer a bit we get this. Still needs a lot of compositing work and some stars need to be added again. Caught a moment here where a peak of a mountain is breaking through the cloud layer.

iSJ44oM.png

• 6 months later...

Yet more tinkering and resurrecting my old thread for these renders I've been playing with. First page updated.

Below yet another Duna clone I'm working on. This one softened up a bit.

1WwwPx4.png

If I may make a suggestion, give the ocean bits on the Laythe mock-up some specular. They're way too flat. :)

Looking great!

Thanks Starwhip. That was a much older attempt at a planet made some time ago using the most basic of texturing since that is all I knew how to do at the time ;) Not saying I'm much further along now! haha. I might give another go at a Laythe derivative here soon. I discovered a really neat technique of layering a few atmosphere layers with interesting node setups on top of the initial planet texture. It seems to really set off the water and naturally add a nice specularity to any area facing the sun. Add clouds and shadows from the clouds and I think I might actually have something!

To further have some fun with making a new planet I'm going to give texture painting one from the ground up a go. Laythe with its vast oceans seemed like a good one to start with since I wouldn't be texture painting much land mass. Have had some success playing with the texture painting while making a few animations here with landscapes that turned out to look strikingly like it does in KSP. So much so the picture doesn't look rendered so much as it does like a screenshot from the game. Well, close anyway ;) I'm still finishing up a Laythe surface scene with a landing probe. Just need to add Jool into the background like it appears in game and I should be able to post it here soon.

Edit ** Miss your artwork!!!!!

Edit ** Miss your artwork!!!!!

See, now, this is both confusing and relieving. In terms of visual appeal I find your renderings to be more complete and interesting, what with the scenery. To be frank I'm quite jealous of them. :)

In fact, I've been attempting to use backgrounds of my own, with some success.

For a friend IRL, so special exception was made.

KzwWXl1.png

What's so special about my other ones?

See, now, this is both confusing and relieving. In terms of visual appeal I find your renderings to be more complete and interesting, what with the scenery. To be frank I'm quite jealous of them. :)

In fact, I've been attempting to use backgrounds of my own, with some success.

For a friend IRL, so special exception was made.

http://i.imgur.com/KzwWXl1.png

What's so special about my other ones?

Oh wow, see this one you just posted for example. Your lighting appears spot on there. You always seem to get that camera placed perfectly where it really showcases the craft. I especially liked the gradient backgrounds you were using in addition to your later ones. The "simple" gradients just made it all pop. I think someone called it a studio look on a comment for the Oblivion ship where I directly took a bite out of your style :) Don't know how else to describe it except saying they just felt more artsy to me your way.

I was actually going to ask if this is still a stock-only thing when I thought to just check the project thread and saw it was literally just updated with ALL THE MODS. Well then! If you're looking for a new project, it would be nice to have an "artist representation" for my Eeloo I probe (the image at the bottom) that looked different from my normal craft images. I assume you'll need a craft file and mod list.

I was actually going to ask if this is still a stock-only thing when I thought to just check the project thread and saw it was literally just updated with ALL THE MODS. Well then! If you're looking for a new project, it would be nice to have an "artist representation" for my Eeloo I probe (the image at the bottom) that looked different from my normal craft images. I assume you'll need a craft file and mod list.

Well we can give it a try for sure. The mod is still being tweaked apparently so it might be very hit or miss. Haven't had any luck yet with any B9 or KW rocketry parts yet but posted a question in the mod's thread so with luck it should be working soon. That being said, just shoot me a note with the mod list and craft file and we'll see what the import brings. That's a nice looking probe for sure and would be loads of fun to do.

If you're still open to taking requests, I have one- my Falcon Heavy and Dragon v2. You seem to have a cool, busy thread, so if you can't I totally understand. Thanks!

Mediafire craft download: LINK (No mods required.)

84yGaeb.png

57R3Flj.png

fP0nFfc.png

Paying homage to STS-107 Space Shuttle Columbia and her crew. Inigma's shuttle was designed and built in memory of this flight. Be sure to check out this epic set of craft files here. The amount of fun bundled into this creation is mind blowing. Be sure to peek at the videos that Inigma and others have made using this system! Also check out all the sub-assemblies that are available. I'm circling back to this shuttle here very soon for more renders. So much fun!

5zDpBpk.png
Edited by esinohio

Wish I could see it... school wifi blocks it. :(

Once I get home I'll be able to see the pic. I'm also going to get started on the project at home, (get the ship, rig it for animating, send it over) where I've got my laptop. Mobile sucks.

Paying homage to STS-107 Space Shuttle Columbia and her crew. Inigma's shuttle was designed and built in memory of this flight. Be sure to check out this epic set of craft files here. The amount of fun bundled into this creation is mind blowing. Be sure to peek at the videos that Inigma and others have made using this system! Also check out all the sub-assemblies that are available. I'm circling back to this shuttle here very soon for more renders. So much fun!

http://i.imgur.com/5zDpBpk.png

Awesome render! I'm using it on the STS Space Shuttle OP. Thanks for working on this beautiful render!

http://i.imgur.com/5zDpBpk.png

Eh, I like negative space. Do you have a version of that image without the logos?

Oh you replica craft... you will be the death of my processor yet!!! This SpaceX Dragon v2 replica is all kinds of fun! Zucal really hit the mark with this one and produced one great craft. I really like the nice flowing lines of the capsule and additionally how the semi-hidden SAS subtly changes the looks of the separators. Read all about this awesome replica here.

Below we join a crew orbiting high above Kerbin in the Zucal designed SpaceX Dragon v2 replica.

njCLkVu.png

Holy.. thanks a ton! It looks beautiful. I'll add it to my op and credit you, thanks for linking! Tonight I want to play with Blender, see if eventually I can pass your favor down.

Is that Kerbin globe from Space Engine? It looks like it.

Nope. Texture from NASA image that I made normal, occlusion, specular, and displacement map for. Then two layers of atmosphere are added along with cloud layers. Night side lights from cities are there as well though not very visible in that shot. Then I used an interesting node setup I found that really sets the atmosphere off and brings it all together.

• 2 weeks later...

Big sucker!!! I would love to tackle that one for you. I'm working from a dumpy laptop for a week or so more but I should be able to get something uploaded for you. I'll message you for specifics.