Esinohio's Blender farm

esinohio

This looks cool! Where are you at as far as mod craft files for render? My thread is linked below with a link to my Osprey craft file, any chance I could get you to have a look?

Sure, I can give it a try. I've not had any real luck with the mod parts importing properly but you never know. I'll give it a try and let you know.

• 3 weeks later...

Request from Zekes over at the Zokesia Skunkworks. What can we say about that man, his creations are just awesome. This time the request was for the T-34-85. Find this craft along with many others here!.

Czh1xEN.png

Request from Nestor_d. The craft is called the OSP Mk2 Dragon. I just love the overall design of this one. Was great fun to fly! Find his craft here!!!!

Here we see the OSP Mk2 Dragon kicking up some dust on the Mun surface.

FsbVo8I.png

Very! It seems to be missing those blueish tints, though.

You know we were thinking the same thing.... :D I need to tweak the color ramp that is controlling that texture more.

Request from Nestor_d. The craft is called the OSP Mk2 Dragon. I just love the overall design of this one. Was great fun to fly! Find his craft here!!!!

Here we see the OSP Mk2 Dragon kicking up some dust on the Mun surface.

http://i.imgur.com/FsbVo8I.png

Ship looks quite nice, but the smoke did not turn out so well :(. Also I think the fire should be blue since there is no oxygen on the Mun.

Ship looks quite nice, but the smoke did not turn out so well :(. Also I think the fire should be blue since there is no oxygen on the Mun.

Hmm, was shooting for a dust scattering from the blast, not smoke. And yeah.. that darn smoke sim was not being friendly. To close to the ground and I got a weird separation from the ground with the blast. Blenders smoke sim is flat out dumb sometimes.

Request from Eorin at Sparrowhawk Aeronautics. Eorin designed this brilliant replica of a YF-12. One look and I think we all can agree Clarence "Kelly" Johnson would approve. Find his post along with some historical background on the aircraft here!

Sonic boooooooom!

cLEJXjE.png

- - - Updated - - -

These are looking great. Are you still having to fix the UV maps for the textures or was the importer finally sorted out?

I noticed he updated his script on gethub and it seems most of the textures are working. Still some issues with some parts not showing up but all in all it appears to be functioning.

Request from Eorin at Sparrowhawk Aeronautics. Eorin designed this brilliant replica of a YF-12. One look and I think we all can agree Clarence "Kelly" Johnson would approve. Find his post along with some historical background on the aircraft here!

Sonic boooooooom!

http://i.imgur.com/cLEJXjE.png

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed he updated his script on gethub and it seems most of the textures are working. Still some issues with some parts not showing up but all in all it appears to be functioning.

Simply perfect! Thanks again :) I will add this picture on my thread as soon as I turn on my PC.

I saw the awesome T-34 series being worked on at Facebook as well as the awesome render from the previous page, so I'll contribute something a little more leisurely just to see how the render looks. I have a few other render ideas for you but I just wanted to see if I could get a nice little Caribbean vacation for my kerbals.

Subject craft:

Stock 50ft fishing boat

Or maybe of Kerbals flying the Jolly Roger rocket-harpooning a Kraken, your pick :D

ps.

Is Blender capable of taking on B9 Aerospace parts and craft files from 0.90? I have a ton of concept planes from Beta that I will likely not be updating for 1.0.x in a while (or plain too scary to fly again, like this Rotary Rocket).

Edited by pandoras kitten

I saw the awesome T-34 series being worked on at Facebook as well as the awesome render from the previous page, so I'll contribute something a little more leisurely just to see how the render looks. I have a few other render ideas for you but I just wanted to see if I could get a nice little Caribbean vacation for my kerbals.

Subject craft:

Stock 50ft fishing boat

Or maybe of Kerbals flying the Jolly Roger rocket-harpooning a Kraken, your pick :D

ps.

Is Blender capable of taking on B9 Aerospace parts and craft files from 0.90? I have a ton of concept planes from Beta that I will likely not be updating for 1.0.x in a while (or plain too scary to fly again, like this Rotary Rocket).

Aruba, Jamaica ooo I wanna take you

Bermuda, Bahama come on pretty mamma... (Ok so I'm old!)

Kokomo jokes/lyrics aside that craft will be all kinds of fun to render. I've been wanting to circle back to the water simulations to tackle things like creating wake behind the boat and getting the water to look more realistic.

As far as mod parts goes so far I've not had much luck with getting them to import. The mod author (Blender import mod) is still on the job and with luck we might get a fix once the dust settles from the recent updates. I hope....

Stock craft files from .90 should import though. We can always give it a try and see what happens.

I love the pirates of the karibbean feel of the scene! And the boat looks like a toy, which is definitely intended in the design :D

That poor lonely kraken looks cute, like she needs a hug or something. Bad idea, I know lol

That image has become my wallpaper now.

Work in progress of an Eve type planet.

UWQhfgO.png

Weird noise appearing in the cloud layer that needs addressed and I think I need a lot more cloud coverage in general. Higher samples will take care of noise appearing on the dark side, this was a low sample test render.

These are REALLY good. You should cross-post on the Blender Artists, you'll get pretty good praise/constructive criticism there (e.g. "needs a bit of chromatic abberation," "a touch of blur," "really good overall on detail").

These are REALLY good. You should cross-post on the Blender Artists, you'll get pretty good praise/constructive criticism there (e.g. "needs a bit of chromatic abberation," "a touch of blur," "really good overall on detail").

Thanks Longbyte1 ! :) I'm not sure I'm ready for that shark tank over at Blender Artists. Maybe after some more time in this compositing course I'm playing with. Finally figured out how to mask out each individual material, modify it somehow, and then add it back to the original image in the compositor. Makes tweaking the individual elements of the picture around a ton easier.

Pretty sure the next project is going to be a Laythe surface scene. Beyond that I still want to do some camera tracking and maybe park a kick butt rover in my driveway. I had been tinkering already with a car of Mad Rocket Scientist's design that I downloaded. A flying car in my driveway.... hmmmm. This has possibilities :cool:

Aw man.

I wish my computer could render stuff like that. :(

/me starts thinking about building a desktop...

EDIT:

The main issue is that I'm relying solely on the CPU. I'd need a GPU to get any kind of decent render time.