What would you like in .26?

some astronouts missions statistics and medals may be militray ranks for them. also their stupidity and courage factors could do something :)

FinalFrontier mod actually awards ribbons to Kerbals who do certain achievements or attain a certain level of experience. You can download it here: http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/221413-final-frontier

I do agree that a rank system would be nice. I would also like to see an option to reuse spacecraft and maybe provide insignia for the craft beyond a mission flag.

I constantly struggle in the VAB is trying to make complex craft that have sections joined at odd angles. Like, if I want to join two mk1 fuselage sections together at 30 degrees, to make a curved connector between different sections of a vessel, it gets messy. And the mk1 is one of the better parts for odd angles--some parts won't snap at odd angles at all. If more pieces would snap together neatly at odd angles (or even, if you guys could develop procedural curved connectors!), it would allow a lot more options for creating complex vessels. Also, I would really enjoy some more complicated missions, e.g. salvage this disabled/damaged craft and bring it back to Kerbin, or land this super awkward object on the surface of whatever moon.

Rover automation, add rover navigation system.

We need to able put waypoint(s) to planet surface for rovers, and then rover would automatically drive there. Actual drive would not be simulated, rover would just teleport that location. You set rover max speed, and game calculates route from height maps and check there is no impassable territory. And then it would say ETA xx days, yy hours, zz mins to rover reach its destination. And you would not be able to access rover until it has reached its destination. I know this is not perfect, but I think it would totally and easily implemented. And gives the rover parts really some use.

I'd like a scenario editor.

It would look load all craft files from your various saves (or give the option to check/uncheck which saves), and you could place craft anywhere, along with their on-rails orbits, etc. It would save into a new folder within GameData so that the results could be easily shared.

I haven't used it, but presumably you could do it with hyperedit now, this would just be a built-in way to set up novel situations. It would also allow an entirely new kind of mod where the player could built a solar system spanning set of missions/contracts that include a context.

• 3 weeks later...

Id say buf fixes/optimization is #1 priority. Now im not saying all of are like to fly around in 1000 part monstrosities, but forcing us to use a welding mod isnt really the best solution. I suggest making the physics simplify overly large craft (ideally physics would allow for no lag while calculating every part, but thats not happing any time soon without a new engine/massive optimization). This would mean, that parts could be grouped into segments that essentially work as a single componet in terms of physics. Yes this is not idea, but in practice, almost all these super large things are stations, and having 2000 parts total (station + all docked junk), just lags teh game up for no benefits. I think that docked craft should be set as a single solid entity UNLESS they are collided with by something, then do the calculations on the collided part individually. Im no super coder, nor do i know how ksp engine works inside, but i THINK such a system would help cut down on lag, allow truly massive stations to exist, and also i doubt anyone would be unhappy that their station nolonger wobbles all day.

Another idea i have is to make every body 100% rigid until something exceeds its breaking force or hits something fast enough. This would get rid of every single physics cal aside from teh force applied to each object. Id personally not miss the lack of wobliness, as it just makes super heavy massive part count ships lag your game. A great solution would be to disable complex physics when a craft exceeds a user set value (say from 100-1000 parts), that would essentially fix the entire thing as a solid, and only calculate forces applied to each object. I say a good temporary fix until unity 5 (which HOPEFULLY will address large part count lag).

Btw, i have a decent rig that can handle around 500 parts with minimal issues, and can still render 1500 before the game dies completely, id still like smoother framerate, and id be more then happy to sacrifice a little bit of physics in exchange for stable framerate. Keep physics at low part count as is, i like teh detail, but at super large part numbers (or stations with lots of vessels docked), please treat entire ships as solid bodies that only break from collision or overstress of joints.

I would like a sister planet to Kerbal, in the same or a very near orbit, and maybe 10 or 20 degrees ahead along the orbit. This would be a much easier target for a first interplanetary mission. Let's call it Kerbal Prime.

It could be part of a storyline that says Kerbal Prime is about to be destroyed by the asteroids or somesuch, and we want to reach it to do some science while it still exists. Whether Kerbal Prime is populated or not is an exercise left to the reader (if it is populated, please give them a planetwide focus on digging and drilling, just for the opposite factor, and because that could be part of its impending doom). Maybe have some benefits for rescuing some inhabitants of Kerbal Prime too - like extra resources because they love digging.

• 4 weeks later...

For now there are only a few things that come to mind:

-The first being a way for a Kerbal on EVA to transmit a science report without having to reenter the craft. It can be a small radio in the helmet that transmits back to the ship and is relayed or something.

-Another would be choosing different versions of the tech tree (classic, historical, etc.), I know mods do this but none help with flight before space gameplay (aircraft).

-And the last (I know am am asking a lot here), a update to the physics of spaceplanes so they handle better and don't have to fly at 30 degree angles just to maintain their altitude.

That is all I have for now, if I think of anything else I will let you know.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.