[1.1.2] EVA Follower [v1.035, 20 May 2016]

MSD

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks - no issues so far. Having a lot of fun with a whole band of Kerbals crawling over each other like ants!

Brief feature request - the ability to hide the patrol route lines, even if only from the F2 hide-hud mode.

Thanks Fel for the patch! I'm glad Kerbals can die again. Seems to work normally otherwise. One thing - KIS now has the ability to remove the helmet, like your mod. Would you think of checking if the player has KIS installed and then removing the redundant option, or will you just keep it as is?

Thanks - no issues so far. Having a lot of fun with a whole band of Kerbals crawling over each other like ants!

Brief feature request - the ability to hide the patrol route lines, even if only from the F2 hide-hud mode.

Okay, right now I'm just looking at source code... and I think

EVAFollower/PluginData/EvaFollower/Config.cfg

ShowDebugLines = false

works for now.

I don't think it'll be terribly difficult to make that "toggled" with F2... (though, it would be better to hunt down the variable that indicates if the GUI is hidden and to hunt down the keyboard map... being lazy and just binding it to F2 should be fine.)

Eventually, that NEEDS to be changed to check if the UI is hidden; if you press f2, escape and resume, you can cause the debuglines to show when the gui is hidden and not when it is not hidden.

Thanks Fel for the patch! I'm glad Kerbals can die again. Seems to work normally otherwise. One thing - KIS now has the ability to remove the helmet, like your mod. Would you think of checking if the player has KIS installed and then removing the redundant option, or will you just keep it as is?

No... there's no decent way to do that. If I check to see if KIS loaded a value, that value can eventually be removed OR KIS may not load before this plugin. If I check to see if KIS is in a particular directory I create problems with people who organize their mods (a.k.a. me... I hate when mods force themselves in a very specific directory structure).

I think it should be easier, and more portable, just to add an option to the config file to toggle that field.

Also added in another line in the config.cfg to allow hiding the "loading kerbals" text.

Okay, fixed (either link works so)

Edited by Fel

I think it should be easier, and more portable, just to add an option to the config file to toggle that field.

Thanks! The config file option does the trick just as fine.

• 2 weeks later...
Quick question, has this been updated to 1.0?

Check the bottom of post #86... literally 2 posts above yours:wink:

Though I would like to see an official update. It would give this mod the attention it deserves.

Check the bottom of post #86... literally 2 posts above yours:wink:

Though I would like to see an official update. It would give this mod the attention it deserves.

I could make an official thread if it really makes a difference; it's just that I'm not putting it in active development so I rather hope someone will eventually pick it back up

No... there's no decent way to do that. If I check to see if KIS loaded a value, that value can eventually be removed OR KIS may not load before this plugin. If I check to see if KIS is in a particular directory I create problems with people who organize their mods (a.k.a. me... I hate when mods force themselves in a very specific directory structure).

Couldn't ModuleManager toggle that key?

@CONFIGWHATEVER:NEEDS[KIS]
{
@kis_installed = true
}

• 1 month later...

is it possibile to disable the mouse? I tryed to empty these values but nothing happen:

#Input configuration.

# 0 = left, 1 = right, 2 = middle mouse button.

#Or other unity values for mouse buttons.

SelectMouseButton =

DispatchMouseButton =

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/27/2015, 12:35:17, riddik said:

i have one issue with this mod .I make personal eva gun (special from my Kerbmarines) with kis and bd armory mod , issue kerbal if i kill kerbal hes overheat and explode every time .can you fix that

I think the issue is with BDArmory, as the BDArmory guns overheat.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.