[WIP][IDEA] OWSI Tele-Fuel Tanks!!

One-Way Films

So a while ago I was having a problem with getting lots of fuel into orbit at once (only a few months after getting the game then. now it's reletively easy), so I thought of a idea for a mod... that there would be fuel tanks that were very small and light-weight, but had plenty of fuel in them. Now that would be easy to do there and then, just dive into the CFG. file of a part and mess around with it. But where is the challenge in that? So, I came up with the Tele-Fuel tank! A small lightweight fuel tank that would have a very high capacity, but would take up a lot of electricity. Why? It would teleport fuel from the KSC up to your vessel. The CFG file creation is the easy part. And this will be my first mod. So the alpha models might not look great, but I'll learn and I'll hopfully have a mod that looks good and works well. I'll also look into making a Remote-Tech 2 version, where you need a connection with KSC/vessel full of fuel and some cool anntena. So right now it's a idea. might be made. If you have any ideas before I dive into development hell, please share them with me. I'll do my best to implement them (y'know, Coding noob right here). Thanks for reading! I'll get to work in my free time!

Edited by One-Way Films

It isn't demanded. I just thought it would be cool for lightweight craft that have plenty of fuel but they need connection with KSC and/or need plenty of power to do so. It's also a introduction to modding for me. Start off with the basics (CFG. File creation, modeling, etc) and then move on to the hard stuff when I'm ready. I'll work on the addon in my free time. I don't mean for it to replace your addons, justin. I don't want it to be a big thing. It's my first few steps into modding and it's not the only thing I can think of. There's plenty more in my head than this. We all have to start somewhere, don't we?

Right. One-Way Gaming it's great to have new moders, especially coders, but why not read mod requests and do some of those instead?

oh yeah... never thought of that. Whoops. I'll get this done anyways. Just so I can show myself I can mod. Don't worry, Captain! I'll look through the list of suggestions and pick one out and put it on my to-do list!

This reminds me of the Ender Tank in Minecraft, But less OP.

Don't worry. I'll do my best to make it as Sci-Fi(ish) as possible and as balanced as possible. It's only a matter of testing how much electricity it will use and making sure it's not too much or too little to be concidered OP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.