[0.90][WIP] Kerbal Konstructs v0.6.6 (Dec 16) - Static Objects and Launch Sites!

medsouz

Updated the 0.4 prerelease to support 0.25. :D

Windows vs *nix bug? The path is using \ instead of /

[LOG 00:15:33.970] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'KerbalKonstructs' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs'

[WRN 00:15:33.979] File '\Users\seant\Library\Application Support\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KerbalKonstructs\PluginData\KerbalKonstructs/KerbalKonstructs.cfg' does not exist

[EXC 00:15:33.993] IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "/Users/seant/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/\Users\seant\Library\Application Support\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KerbalKonstructs\PluginData\KerbalKonstructs/KerbalKonstructs.cfg".

System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options)

System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, FileMode mode)

ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName, System.String header)

KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.saveConfig ()

KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.Awake ()

UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)

AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)

AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)

AddonLoader:OnLevelWasLoaded(Int32)

[LOG 00:15:33.970] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'KerbalKonstructs' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs'

[WRN 00:15:33.979] File '\Users\seant\Library\Application Support\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KerbalKonstructs\PluginData\KerbalKonstructs/KerbalKonstructs.cfg' does not exist

[EXC 00:15:33.993] IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "/Users/seant/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/\Users\seant\Library\Application Support\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KerbalKonstructs\PluginData\KerbalKonstructs/KerbalKonstructs.cfg".

System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options)

System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

Oh whoops, I'm used to Java automatically converting path types. I'll fix it when I get out of classes tonight.

Don't forget the thread title. I was a little confused before i found that post. Thread said one thing, KerbalStuff said another.

Done, thanks for letting me know. This is why I try to not release things when I'm half asleep. :(

Try this, I don't have a *nix setup to test on right now.

Statics are loading and being placed in world. I can select and launch from them, even though the log is unhappy. The first bit is another path name problem. The rest look like changes in KSP (PSystemSetup):

[LOG 12:04:25.589] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'KerbalKonstructs' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs'

[WRN 12:04:25.598] File '/Users/seant/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KerbalKonstructs/PluginData/KerbalKonstructs\KerbalKonstructs.cfg' does not exist

[LOG 12:04:25.622] Creating launch site KSC2_launchpad_spawn

[LOG 12:04:25.622] PSystemSetup: Cannot find facility named 'KSC2_launchpad_spawn'

[LOG 12:04:25.622] Created launch site "KSC2_launchpad_spawn" with transform KSC2_launchpad_spawn/KSC2_launchpad_spawn

[LOG 12:04:25.631] Creating launch site test

[LOG 12:04:25.631] PSystemSetup: Cannot find facility named 'test'

[LOG 12:04:25.631] Created launch site "test" with transform test/KSC2_launchpad_spawn

[LOG 12:04:25.648] Launch pad transform "ksideboatlaunch1_spawn" missing for testsite

[LOG 12:04:25.655] Creating launch site KSC Island Boat Launch

[LOG 12:04:25.655] PSystemSetup: Cannot find facility named 'KSC Island Boat Launch'

[LOG 12:04:25.655] Created launch site "KSC Island Boat Launch" with transform KSC Island Boat Launch/ksideboatlaunch2_spawn

It looks like icons and images for the launcher are not being loaded:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/50ra62wrc16w028/Screenshot%202014-10-08%2012.11.13.png?dl=0

Excellent work in getting this patch out so quickly, btw.

Statics are loading and being placed in world. I can select and launch from them, even though the log is unhappy. The first bit is another path name problem. The rest look like changes in KSP (PSystemSetup):

[LOG 12:04:25.589] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'KerbalKonstructs' from assembly 'KerbalKonstructs'

[WRN 12:04:25.598] File '/Users/seant/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KerbalKonstructs/PluginData/KerbalKonstructs\KerbalKonstructs.cfg' does not exist

[LOG 12:04:25.622] Creating launch site KSC2_launchpad_spawn

[LOG 12:04:25.622] PSystemSetup: Cannot find facility named 'KSC2_launchpad_spawn'

[LOG 12:04:25.622] Created launch site "KSC2_launchpad_spawn" with transform KSC2_launchpad_spawn/KSC2_launchpad_spawn

[LOG 12:04:25.631] Creating launch site test

[LOG 12:04:25.631] PSystemSetup: Cannot find facility named 'test'

[LOG 12:04:25.631] Created launch site "test" with transform test/KSC2_launchpad_spawn

[LOG 12:04:25.648] Launch pad transform "ksideboatlaunch1_spawn" missing for testsite

[LOG 12:04:25.655] Creating launch site KSC Island Boat Launch

[LOG 12:04:25.655] PSystemSetup: Cannot find facility named 'KSC Island Boat Launch'

[LOG 12:04:25.655] Created launch site "KSC Island Boat Launch" with transform KSC Island Boat Launch/ksideboatlaunch2_spawn

It looks like icons and images for the launcher are not being loaded:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/50ra62wrc16w028/Screenshot%202014-10-08%2012.11.13.png?dl=0

Excellent work in getting this patch out so quickly, btw.

The PSystem errors are normal, it checks if a site exists before creating it. I think I know what is causing the icon issue, I'll check it out when I get home. Was it working before the update?

Was it working before the update?

To be honest, I was still using the kerbtown dll until the 0.25 update. I liked the placement tools better than Kerbal Konstruct's; the camera with KK is turbo terrible.

To be honest, I was still using the kerbtown dll until the 0.25 update. I liked the placement tools better than Kerbal Konstruct's; the camera with KK is turbo terrible.

Haha yeah I have to figure out the whole camera thing at some point.

Hey, not sure if there's another thread for this, but the mod hasn't worked at all for me. :(

It loads, technically, but it doesn't show a thing on the toolbar in editors, or anything in the map view. I've tried this both with content and with a stock (beyond KK) game.

Log is here, didn't notice anything odd about it when looking through. http://pastebin.com/gasLQuSk

Hey, not sure if there's another thread for this, but the mod hasn't worked at all for me. :(

It loads, technically, but it doesn't show a thing on the toolbar in editors, or anything in the map view. I've tried this both with content and with a stock (beyond KK) game.

Log is here, didn't notice anything odd about it when looking through. http://pastebin.com/gasLQuSk

Try the patch for Mac/Linux that I posted on the previous page.

medsouz, I'm not sure if you want to support RSS (real solar system). If you do, KK has a problem:

When I set up a location on earth in RSS, it works fine in editor mode. But when I reload the game, the building is below the surface or even at the centre of the planet.

medsouz, I'm not sure if you want to support RSS (real solar system). If you do, KK has a problem:

When I set up a location on earth in RSS, it works fine in editor mode. But when I reload the game, the building is below the surface or even at the centre of the planet.

I haven't actually looked at this yet but I'm guessing that RSS resizes the planet after KK places the objects. Do you know if KerbTown worked with RSS?

So, if this has been reported then I apologize... I noticed last time I used this mod that the images in the launch selector were all being displayed as if they were shifted to the right a bunch. in fact, it appeared that they were being centered in the middle of the image space, but with the center origin located along the left edge of the image, forcing the window to cut them off half way through.

How do i launch the launch site selector?

You should have an icon in the toolbar on the lower right corner -> PIC

So, if this has been reported then I apologize... I noticed last time I used this mod that the images in the launch selector were all being displayed as if they were shifted to the right a bunch. in fact, it appeared that they were being centered in the middle of the image space, but with the center origin located along the left edge of the image, forcing the window to cut them off half way through.

I've seen that too once or twice. Couldn't reproduce it.