[0.90][WIP] Kerbal Konstructs v0.6.6 (Dec 16) - Static Objects and Launch Sites!

medsouz

How do i delete an object if i have changed my mind? old version had a delete...

thanks.

EDIT: Ok, I have gone back through and found in the forum about the delete. It is not visable on my version. The "Delete Instance" only has the top 10% of the button visable...

So, I guess question should be, how do i change the skin so that I can see the bottom button.???

Thanks.

No skin implementation yet chap. I'll make the window a little bigger for the next version. It's probably just not scaling well to your screen resolution.

Here's a suggestion I've been thinking about, medsouz/AlphaAsh. What if you could extend this mod out into colonization? The main problem with base building right now is that any significant base made of parts size becomes terribly laggy over time, and is rather difficult to set up.

What if you could ship material to a location (on Kerbin or off), then choose to construct a base from it? This would allow much more satisfying bases, and wouldn't be too much of a performance hit.

Is this feasible to accomplish with Kerbal Konstructs?

@AlphaAsh

Let me know if you want any help moving to 0.90 or if you want me to throw something together for the plugin. I've been devoting the free time I have to StarSystems but I haven't forgotten about this. :)

@AlphaAsh

Let me know if you want any help moving to 0.90 or if you want me to throw something together for the plugin. I've been devoting the free time I have to StarSystems but I haven't forgotten about this. :)

I'm testing KK under 0.90 today. I expect it not to work and expect PQS to have been heavily revised again. tldr: I will probably need your help :)

Kerbal Konstructs does not currently work under 0.90. medsouz and I will both be looking at getting it compatible. Whilst statics may appear correctly using the latest KK, launching from custom sites is most definitely b0rked. Also, with the merging of the VAB and SPH into a single scene (WARNING technical stuff), features like filtering in the launch selector won't be working either.

Can't give an estimate on when we'll get KK fixed for 0.90 just yet. So, "when it's done" is all I've got at the moment.

Quick technical update (and whinge).

Squad have made several changes to PSystemSetup again. The function to spawn at a 'custom spawn point' relies on being able to 'register' spawn points. Since there is no documentation for these changes, that leaves fishing in the dark with a dodgy torch you have to shake constantly, in order to figure out what to fix.

Sorry folks, I don't like fishing in the dark. I've handed this off to medsouz for now to see if he does.

Sorry OWK. With the ridiculous difficulty curve just retroed into career mode (play it for a bit and you'll see - 18t restriction remaining on the VAB at tier 2. Really???) and this, I'm giving it 48 hours to see if medsouz can find a work-around and then I'm off to play some other games.

Sorry OWK. With the ridiculous difficulty curve just retroed into career mode (play it for a bit and you'll see - 18t restriction remaining on the VAB at tier 2. Really???) and this, I'm giving it 48 hours to see if medsouz can find a work-around and then I'm off to play some other games.

Fair enough, I can respect that (though I can't rep it yet, dang). Would be a shame to lose your contributions to KK.

The new version makes all the tiers of the buildings complete when I start a new career mode?

...crap

It tries to check for upgrades in the custom sites and breaks the whole upgrade module, I'll see what I can do.

Checked over the latest commit medsouz and yeah, this might be salvageable. Good stuff chap. I should have time this evening to merge this and take a look at the upgrade module b0rkery too. Looks like you have a better handle on it though. My enthusiasm for 'edit, test, edit, test' is pretty much nill right now though.

Everything seems to be working just fine - I added one of the KerbinSide launch pads and used the mod to raise its altitude slightly (the base was clipping into the mountainside - probably some kind of 0.90 refinement). I'm able to launch vessels from the new site without any difficulties now.

The only thing is - the toolbar icon is just this blank white square. Anyone else having this problem? Does this require the Toolbar_000 mod for these buttons?

I started a new career and found that my KSC facilities were already upgrade to level 3. (Windows 7 x64, KSP 0.90 *32-bit*, KK 0.6.7) I checked the log and an NRE was reported just after ScenarioUpgradeableFacilities so I suspected something was having trouble during the scenario loading and began removing the DLLs for mods I figured most likely and after narrowing it down, KK was the sole DLL that when used, causes the issue. I then copied the medsouz and KerbinSide directories to a dev copy of KSP and reproduced the issue.

Logs and mod list from my full install, plus logs from my minimal dev install are available on Dropbox. I'm happy to provide any further detail - just ask. If I have a chance, I'll grab source and do some debug logging tomorrow.

BTW, I love this mod, thanks! :)

Edit: I tried setting disableCareerStrategyLayer = True in KerbalKonstructs.cfg, but the problem persisted.

Edit: An apparent work around seems to be to begin a new career without KK installed, then exit, install KK and start KSP. When the career save loads, the facilities remain at level 1 and the log is clean.

Edited by ozraven
Additional details and possible work around?