[0.90][WIP] Kerbal Konstructs v0.6.6 (Dec 16) - Static Objects and Launch Sites!

medsouz

[*]Fixed launch sites that were made before HoneyFox's fork of KerbTown and didn't use LaunchPadTransform (This fixes the Kerbin City launch sites)

This part isn't working for me. The launchpads that don't have LaunchPadTransform still don't show up in the selector in the VAB/SPH.

Yes they do. Here's my log. I am also using a lot of mods and 64-bit (I know it's buggy but it's working fine for me).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/99tbgd87oxr1eec/output_log.txt?dl=0

Well this is interesting... Originally KerbTown made any transform that had _spawn in the name the launchpad transform, in the 0.22 version they changed it to <SiteName>_spawn, and then HoneyFox made it so the object should manually define the launchpad transform. I'll have a fix for this in the next release.

This looks promising.

Feel free to let me know anything that you guys would like me to add.

I would like a way to restrict launches from a site other than KSC's VAB/SPH/Hellipads until you have traveled within range of "discovery". Say, 2.2km? I dunno, you figure out the ideal range, I just don't want to be able to launch from a place I've never been. (I have not had a chance to try this, I just found it so if it's already there, disregard)

Edited by Alshain

I'm working on recover refunds using custom launch sites tonight so I'll already be calculating distances, maybe I could throw this in as an optional feature.

That would be so awesome. +Rep for the hard work

Edited by Alshain

Oh, I was thinking about it more, you might want to make sure the craft is in the landed state within range before it unlocks. That way not only do you have to go there, you have to land there. Just spit balling ideas. Also a way to unlock all, because I know I would like it but not everyone will I'm sure.

Oh, I was thinking about it more, you might want to make sure the craft is in the landed state within range before it unlocks. That way not only do you have to go there, you have to land there. Just spit balling ideas. Also a way to unlock all, because I know I would like it but not everyone will I'm sure.

Like the former version your idea, but we may consider a "ship" (in KSP meaning = also a single walking kerbal) can "view" or "discover" a point where a building will/would be. The construction itself and all its includes is "magically zipped", ie you discover a spot, like the top moutains of Kerbin, and you got the Chalice tower I've put there (see the Kerbtown buildings for more info). How it was built is another story :).

There could also be seen as "anomaly" (for some like ancients ruins) and available when uncovered. (Damned !! I just thought of Stargate movie, they discover the ark then they use it :) ).

Like the former version your idea, but we may consider a "ship" (in KSP meaning = also a single walking kerbal) can "view" or "discover" a point where a building will/would be. The construction itself and all its includes is "magically zipped", ie you discover a spot, like the top moutains of Kerbin, and you got the Chalice tower I've put there (see the Kerbtown buildings for more info). How it was built is another story :).

Not sure I'm following but I think it just allows static elements. Having something appear may be beyond the scope of this, though that is for medsouz to decide, not me.

There could also be seen as "anomaly" (for some like ancients ruins) and available when uncovered. (Damned !! I just thought of Stargate movie, they discover the ark then they use it :) ).

Wasn't that basically what Stargate Universe was?

I can't wait for the time of day controller. I haven't been able to make it work with Kerbal Town as of yet. (thinking it doesn't exist) but I sort of need it for Oceania. (lights look funny on during the day)

Edited by Eskandare

do these static parts have the capability to say, have a docking node and configs?

I think the original kerbtown plugin allowed you to attach things to static objects via KAS and pull resources out of them, but I have no idea if docking ports would work since the config files define static objects and not parts.

Hi, great job on breathing some sort of life back into this idea, although I've only really just started experimenting with static objects, they've become one of my favorite additions to the game. Very happy with the plugin so far , loads all my created stuff no problem at all , just got to sort out some images for the landing sites.

Looking fwd to the animate on click etc as a few of my buildings have small animations for tracking dishes etc.

This seems a better place to ask this question than the half dead kerbtown thread, Q/ I've recently become interested in making heavy and futuristic weapons ( i tend to make parts for any decent plugin that shows up) for the bahamuto plugin and was contemplating some kind of active static targets for practice etc. So for instance you could set up a target ship in booster bay and either target via aircraft or ground based, and on shell hit the animation would play, in the case of a ship it'd roll over and sink. Now if you had an animate on collision facility would it be able to register a hit from a projectile? in my experiments it sorta works with solid objects but not sure about the projectile.

Cheers

This looks promising.

I would like a way to restrict launches from a site other than KSC's VAB/SPH/Hellipads until you have traveled within range of "discovery". Say, 2.2km? I dunno, you figure out the ideal range, I just don't want to be able to launch from a place I've never been. (I have not had a chance to try this, I just found it so if it's already there, disregard)

Yeah, this would be a feature I'd definitely use. You could do a classic platformer collectible style "list of places to visit" as an in-game objectives pane.