[0.25] ATC - Alternative Tree Configurator [15.10. - V0.5.1]

SirJodelstein

I don't suppose you have one from an install with only ATC in it? not sure which messages are from ATC and which are from other mods. Also, do you have a copy of the cfg file that's being used to alter the tech tree?

Here you go:

https://www./?4hfxnwdvsgh9f9n

As for the cfg, that's the stock one that came with the mod if that's what you mean.

Here you go:

https://www./?4hfxnwdvsgh9f9n

As for the cfg, that's the stock one that came with the mod if that's what you mean.

hmmm.... looks like the whole damned thing crashes immediately on loading the mod. The only thing I can think of that's really different is the fact that you're running it with opengl, as I haven't attempted using that. At that point, though, it's really not doing anything that should cause an issue. It should just be setting up some event handlers.

Can you not run the normal 64 bit version to handle all of the mods instead?

hmmm.... looks like the whole damned thing crashes immediately on loading the mod. The only thing I can think of that's really different is the fact that you're running it with opengl, as I haven't attempted using that. At that point, though, it's really not doing anything that should cause an issue. It should just be setting up some event handlers.

Can you not run the normal 64 bit version to handle all of the mods instead?

Can't run it in Win64 as it constantly crashes now. Both OpenGL and Win32 I have to Alt-Tab to quit the game because it refuses to quit. And because KSP X64 is a colossal piece of crap with all the problems Squad is having with it, I have to install Linux. Do you know how to set up a Linux OS in a Windows 7 Command Window? Is that even possible?

Edited by Furious1964

Can't run it in Win64 as it constantly crashes now. Both OpenGL and Win32 I have to Alt-Tab to quit the game because if refuses to quit. And because KSP X64 is a colossal piece of crap with all the problems Squad is having with it, I have to install Linux. Do you know how to set up a Linux OS in a Windows 7 Command Window? Is that even possible?

I'd have to get some virtual machine software to set something like that set up. I guess I'm lucky in that I really haven't had many issues with ksp 64 bit :/

So tree edit does not work for me so I was hoping this would as well but alias no.

There is no GUI when I boot the game up. The mod loads acording to the mod managers but there is no sign of it in the game.

I an running Win 8 64bit. I have tried KSP in both 32 and 64bit on .25 and .24.2 with no luck.

Any possible fix or update soon?

So tree edit does not work for me so I was hoping this would as well but alias no.

There is no GUI when I boot the game up. The mod loads acording to the mod managers but there is no sign of it in the game.

I an running Win 8 64bit. I have tried KSP in both 32 and 64bit on .25 and .24.2 with no luck.

Any possible fix or update soon?

That sounds quite similar to Furious's issue. Can you provide a log from a game that only has ATC installed so that I can see what it's outputting?

Edit: as I'm not having these issues, it's hard for me to debug. Would anyone like to be a guinea pig for me and run some experimental versions?

Edited by Ixonal

That sounds quite similar to Furious's issue. Can you provide a log from a game that only has ATC installed so that I can see what it's outputting?

Edit: as I'm not having these issues, it's hard for me to debug. Would anyone like to be a guinea pig for me and run some experimental versions?

How do I get the log?

Also I will do the testing :)

Also TechManager seems to have worked out the code for this but has no GUI. He has said he would like to combing it with your tool and use the GUI. Yall should really work together and make this awesome thing happen.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/98293-0-25-TechManager-Version-1-3

Edited by SheepDog2142

The log in question should be at {ksp root folder}\KSP_Data\output_log.txt

This is so Far what I have for a custom Tech Tree Idea using my servers mods. Now I just need ATC to work :)

Currently, we can't do connections from the bottom of one node to the top of another node... they just don't show up for some reason. I might look at that later, but it' not my focus right now.

Edit: Also, I did look at TechManager. With some help, I was able to get ATC much closer to working, but it's still being weird, even though (as far as I can tell) the processes used for node creation are functionally equivalent.

Edited by Ixonal

Honestly I dont know. I dont really know what im doing anyways because there is no how to on it so ive just been guessing.

Is there some type of button I need to press to bring up the GUI to edit the nodes?

Ahh, that would be the problem. There's not an in-game gui to mess with the nodes, it's done through config files. The OP has a spoiler labelled as "Example configfile". That'll give you an idea of the format.

Ahh, that would be the problem. There's not an in-game gui to mess with the nodes, it's done through config files. The OP has a spoiler labelled as "Example configfile". That'll give you an idea of the format.

O ok Thats why then. Are there any plans for a GUI? That would make this so much better and easier to use.

If that is going to take while a tutorial would be really nice to see you or someone go tho the basics.

Edited by SheepDog2142

O ok Thats why then. Are there any plans for a GUI? That would make this so much better and easier to use.

If that is going to take while a tutorial would be really nice to see you or someone go tho the basics.

The system uses Module Manager, which is very commonly used in modding KSP. You might look for a tutorial on that, and then you should pretty well understand how to use ATC.

The system uses Module Manager, which is very commonly used in modding KSP. You might look for a tutorial on that, and then you should pretty well understand how to use ATC.

Ok but you really should put the basics of how to activate the mod in your description. Ease of use man.

• 1 month later...

Can we please have an in game GUI as this addition to the game is great if you can program. :( For those of us who can't it is next to useless, I am sorry to have to say that as from what i can make out this looks like a brilliant piece of work.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to show support for this. It seems to have been broken by 0.90 since nodes claim the unlock requirements haven't been met though they should be available. It's probably due to the new progression as some nodes cannot be unlocked without facility upgrades, but those are working correctly as far as I can tell.

Can we please have an in game GUI as this addition to the game is great if you can program. :( For those of us who can't it is next to useless, I am sorry to have to say that as from what i can make out this looks like a brilliant piece of work.:)

IIRC, the original intent was to provide a tool for mod developers to use, rather than something for the end-user to use.

I've been out for a couple weeks for Christmas, I'll see if I can't get it compiled for .90 at some point.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.