NASA CountDown v.1.1b [1.1.3]

belpyro

NASA CountDown v.1.1b [1.0.5]

yBTBBqw.jpg

This is a mod which continue a great mod LCD - Launch CountDown v1.7.2 idea.

Example and How-To-Use:

https://youtu.be/gSZVLG_KpTw

The mod add a new features:

• countdown visualization like NASA countdown
  • user can setup last 10 seconds for custom stage launch
  • toolbar support
  • engine control for realistic launch (if enabled, mod will set throttle to 1% on last 4 sec and set throttle to default on launch)
  • saving all user settings for each vessel (new)
  • check launch situation and execute abort action (new)
  • add custom sound set (see readme file) (new)
  • enable/disable sound (launch will start from 15 second if disabled) (new)
  • main window scale (from 0.2 to 1 scale factor) (new)

SNjFW7f.png

Unpack and copy GameFolder content into your KSP_LOCATION\GameData

Compatibility With Other Mods

Compatibility with KSP 0.24.2 & 0.25 & 0.90 & 1.0.2 & 1.0.4 & 1.0.5 & 1.1.3

Version Information

15/09/2014

First beta release

27/09/2014

Version 1.0.1 beta release

03/11/2014

Test on v.0.25.

04/01/2015

Update to version 1.1.0b (KSP 0.90) and fix several bugs

14/06/2015

Update to version 1.2.0b (KSP 1.0.2) and add new sound sets

31/08/2016

Update for KSP 1.0.5 and change mod name

01/09/2016

Update for KSP 1.1.3

WIP

Including russian launch sound set

Add sound enable/disable preference (complete)

Add save launch sequence for each vessel (complete)

Add to determine a countdown start second (complete)

Check Toolbar compatibility (I got several issue requests) (complete)

Add posibility dynamicaly setup sound set (complete)

Download

Curse (only mod binaries)

SourceCode

Special Thanks!

I give thanks to:

Alexustas - Creation of visual resources and a lot of help.

Athlonic - For a great idea and implementation this.

Kussris - For great sound sets

Sorry if I've missed anyone out, but I am very thankful for all the help!

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.

Edited by belpyro
update game version

So...does it count down from 10 and stage for you? Aside from being cool, is there a practical purpose in this?

For example, I use FASA module with several launch clamps and towers. And I create stage sequence for separate undocking launch towers.

See a little video (don't worry, it's old design)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNo2ebrXnT4

Very nice work on the UI here ;)

Throttle control is a must as well, since KSP now put 50% by default upon awake. Xx

And staging control is nice feature too.

Definitely a step in the right direction you did here. ;)

I am about to redo the whole sequence code, because it don't work well in KSP 64 for now and I find it too messy.

I will keep you updated once I am done with it (was quite busy with Chatterer and other boring real life things lately)

Very nice work on the UI here ;)

Throttle control is a must as well, since KSP now put 50% by default upon awake. Xx

And staging control is nice feature too.

Definitely a step in the right direction you did here. ;)

I am about to redo the whole sequence code, because it don't work well in KSP 64 for now and I find it too messy.

I will keep you updated once I am done with it (was quite busy with Chatterer and other boring real life things lately)

Thank you! I will wait your notification. Also, we can merge own code into one stream, I think. What do you think about?

Nice, belpyro! The engine control looks great and I'm excited to use that.

A Kerbalized countdown voice would be outstanding, or a way to turn off the voice altogether. I run with Chatterer and hearing that in the background against an English countdown would be a bit jarring. I don't have the skill to make a good voice over for it, but I'm sure someone in the community does.

Though it occurs to me now that since this is based on the original, it may already have the Kerbalized sound set. If so, nevermind me!

Edited by jwest
pro-tip: download first instead of assuming feature sets

Is anyone else using this having trouble with getting only the "launch a new vessel" contract over and over or is it just me? Contracts were fine until I installed this mod.

It might be an interaction with Fine Print or Coherent Contracts though. I'm just curious if it's happening elsewhere.

Thank you! I will wait your notification. Also, we can merge own code into one stream, I think. What do you think about?

Sure no problem, any help is appreciated and these features you added were on my todo list anyway, but I lack of free time.

Feel free to fork the project on GitHub so we can easily merge our work.

I guess you saw that my coding style on this mod is a bit "awful" as this was my first experience in C#.

So I plan to optimize it and make it cleaner.

I have also an new UI in the work but I like yours as well, so we might put in multiple UI style, the more options to the players the better ;)

Finally, there are future plan to interact with other mods but we could discuss about this later by PM.

;)

Sure no problem, any help is appreciated and these features you added were on my todo list anyway, but I lack of free time.

Feel free to fork the project on GitHub so we can easily merge our work.

I guess you saw that my coding style on this mod is a bit "awful" as this was my first experience in C#.

So I plan to optimize it and make it cleaner.

I have also an new UI in the work but I like yours as well, so we might put in multiple UI style, the more options to the players the better ;)

Finally, there are future plan to interact with other mods but we could discuss about this later by PM.

;)

Ok. I will fork from your project and we will be able to merge together later. Thank you!

Nice mod and i like the graphic for the timer. A bug that i have during launch. As soon as the rocket takes off the abort speech files starts to play.

Also it would be nice for the mod to be able to save the location of the timer window, eg. the timer always appears at the center of the screen but i prefer to have it underneath the game's altitude display at the top of screen, it would be nice for the timer to stay there so i won't have to move it at every launch.

Finally would it be possible to have the "cleared the tower" included at the take off sound from Apollo, like the LCD - Launch CountDown has it, i believe it adds to the thrill of the launch. If not can i change the audio file?

Nice mod and i like the graphic for the timer. A bug that i have during launch. As soon as the rocket takes off the abort speech files starts to play.

Also it would be nice for the mod to be able to save the location of the timer window, eg. the timer always appears at the center of the screen but i prefer to have it underneath the game's altitude display at the top of screen, it would be nice for the timer to stay there so i won't have to move it at every launch.

Finally would it be possible to have the "cleared the tower" included at the take off sound from Apollo, like the LCD - Launch CountDown has it, i believe it adds to the thrill of the launch. If not can i change the audio file?

If you don't have a location saving it means that it is a bug. I'll check it, again.

About sound: yes, you can change a sound, but you must save sound name.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty new to "The World of Kerbal Space" and really enjoy it. I like this Countdown program, but I'm having a problem. The countdown timer second is about 8 seconds long? The timer runs very slooooooowly! Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Keith

I'm pretty new to "The World of Kerbal Space" and really enjoy it. I like this Countdown program, but I'm having a problem. The countdown timer second is about 8 seconds long? The timer runs very slooooooowly! Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Keith

Please, send me your log file.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello all

Can't make it work; the windows for settings and launch sequence are black

Can anyone help me please

Thanks

Can you specify a steps to reproduce for me?

I test a new version my mod. A little, about changes:

- now it's no part and can be use with out any launch clamp

- optimize performace

- user can add a new sound set

- all settings saving correctly (include launch sequence for each vessel)

- check launch status and abort launch if vessel did not fly

and etc...

I plane to deploy a new release on Saturday.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.